• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just thought I can share this with everyone here

I went to Apple Store because my Iphone4 32GB power button was not working anymore. I talk to one of their expert and told him that I had it for over 2 years and I was wondering if they able to fix it. He told me it could be swap it for a new one for $149 + tax. I'm not sure if its the same price for other Iphone but for me it was worth it. Also you get 90 days warranty.

Member Summary

Iphone4 32gb
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Gee, I'm not sure why you can count this deal as hot for a refurbished iphone 4 with $149.00. Since you already use this phone for 2 years you are eligible for a new one iphone 5 or iphone 4s (4s 16gb is just $99). Hence you get a new one with full warranty and cheaper rather than an old model and 90 days warranty and probably costing more. Are you sure to follow the iphone price? In my eye you are cheated by apple employee!!!

For $50 more, you get an iPhone 5. How is this hot?

polishdreamer said:   For $50 more, you get an iPhone 5. How is this hot?

If you're in contract, iPhone 5 costs $599. $149 for a working iPhone vs $599 for a credit card debt that will last for months/years. I'll take a repaired iPhone 4, thanks.

Plus this doesn't affect your contract status with your carrier. So you can use iOS 6 and wait for iPhone 6 for Apple to abandonware your iPhone 4... or bolt to Straight Talk and really start saving $$$.

It would be hot if you can just walk into Apple Store with a broken Iphone and walk out with a refurb Iphone 4 without contract for $149.

samgoody69 said:   It would be hot if you can just walk into Apple Store with a broken Iphone and walk out with a refurb Iphone 4 without contract for $149.

Shh. This is for customers in distress. Apple can, and will, pull offers like this if they detect abuse.

Or you can get a new iPhone 5 and sell off your old phone for $100 and be happy.

Not a deal. It is Apple's standard Out Of Warranty repair/replacement fee. You get a refurbished iphone4 with new outer casing with a 90 day warranty. The iphone4 repair price has been $149 for over a year.

Adding that the replacement phone is the same carrier profile as your current. Locked to AT&T, still locked to AT&T

Not sure if he did you a favor. You could have gotten a new one on contract for free. This way you can sell the old one for parts, and you need the service anyway.

I think Apple has a good program here, with a reasonable flat price to get a working phone after warranty. Presumably the replacement phone would be unlocked, so you can use SIM cards from any carrier, including carriers abroad when you roam. And you don't need to sign another contract. It's a win-win for Apple and its customers. I'm giving some green to the original poster.

For me it's a hot deal, I got a new iPhone for $149 not refurbished.

I'm happy with the iPhone 4. Do I really need the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 for a few more features? absolutely not

I do not think I have been cheated like somebody mention on here. Do I really need to sign another 2 years for getting a new phone? Not really.

Everybody has opinions and I do respect that. If you have money laying around and get a new phone one everytime it come out that's no me. Like I say I'm happy with the iPhone 4 I do not need more pixels, faster processor, a paronamic view( I'm sure u can get it by a third party) or get stuck with a 2 years contract.

aamine said:   For me it's a hot deal, I got a new iPhone for $149 not refurbished.

I'm happy with the iPhone 4. Do I really need the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 for a few more features? absolutely not

I do not think I have been cheated like somebody mention on here. Do I really need to sign another 2 years for getting a new phone? Not really.

Everybody has opinions and I do respect that. If you have money laying around and get a new phone one everytime it come out that's no me. Like I say I'm happy with the iPhone 4 I do not need more pixels, faster processor, a paronamic view( I'm sure u can get it by a third party) or get stuck with a 2 years contract.

Did you get a BRAND NEW SEALED box? Or did the rep pulled it out of a brown box and just handed it to you? If the latter, then it was a refurbished. They do come with a new battery and new glass, but the internals are refurb.

Again, this is the standard replacement policy for out of warranty devices. A 4s replacement would be $199. Further, depending on your luck (or looks) you can get the replacement for free.

Oh, and you can do this even if the phone is not on contract or not even subscribed to a plan. Thing is, if you plan on selling it, you won't be able to recover the $150. You would have made more moeny by selling it as a 'sticky button' phone.

does all iphones qualify? How about old school iphone(2g) or iphone(3g/3gs)?

It was on a sealed black box, not its original box. If its refurbished I do apologize but it does look brand new no scratches, it even has the screen protector like u get new.

chiguy1 said:   Not a deal. It is Apple's standard Out Of Warranty repair/replacement fee. You get a refurbished iphone4 with new outer casing with a 90 day warranty. The iphone4 repair price has been $149 for over a year.

Adding that the replacement phone is the same carrier profile as your current. Locked to AT&T, still locked to AT&T

I actually got the phone and got it unlocked tru AT&T by calling. It only take it few min by phone but to finalize it you have to connected to Itunes. I'm not locked to AT&T as my contract end on july 2012.

This isn't so bad for Verizon customers who have unlimited data..VS having to change to one of the ripoff Share Everything plans.

I did a 3rd party home button replacement for $60, incl postage. Phone worked perfectly afterwards.

Congrats op! I am glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase! No need to attack the OP here. Some people do not want to stay on contract and if he is happy with his phone then that is all that matters

Do I think it is a hot deal. No... but a 32GB factory certified/factory replacement iPhone 4 is selling on Craigslist and eBay for as much as $350 depending where you are located and if it is factory unlocked. Since he got the unlock for free from AT&T he could easily sell the phone for a profit and then get an iPhone 5 under contract for less. All depends how you look at it.

I personally think AT&T is a rip off when I get the same thing from Solavei for only $49 for unlimited talk, text and data.

its a refurb.

I cracked the screen on my phone went in and they gave me a refurb (hence the 90 day warranty. New phones come with 1 yr warranty)

My refurb phone had no scratches on the phone or screen and it came with a screen cover too.

doubt it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014