• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was just at The Home Depot in Framingham and saw these on the Clearance rack. They are 65W equiv LED dimmable recessed cans that fit an 5-6" opening. Brand is All-Pro in a yellow box.

Sorry my phone was in the car so I couldn't snap a pic or take down the SKU #.

I would've bought a few if only I knew how to do the replacement.

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

65W equiv dimmable recessed cans
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer

retrofit kit
Thanks 69ragtop
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
My coupon is good to 11/12/2012

mmyk72 (Nov. 01, 2012 @ 4:42p) |

There is no way to get new coupons... Good that you printed yours already...

bouteill (Nov. 01, 2012 @ 5:37p) |

Hello, is it possible to put a picture in here, of your coupon?
That probably would helpaswell...... Thanks

woutje (Nov. 04, 2012 @ 10:07p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

mmyk72 said:   I would've bought a few if only I knew how to do the replacement.Uhhh don't you just unscrew the old one, and screw in the new one, or am I missing something??

*whoosh*

wfay said: Uhhh don't you just unscrew the old one, and screw in the new one, or am I missing something??

Almost. I believe the ones he saw on clearance are retrofit kits that come with the the trim as well.

There is a screw in adapter that plugs into the LED and the LED is built into the trim.

That's super cheap if it's a retrofit. I'm checking my local HD tomorrow.

If they're the ones I think they are, they are a pain to install. They are not simple screw-ins. Check out this link: All-Pro led at Cooper LightingText

Any idea how these look and how bright they'd be compared to an equivalent bulb?

Saw the ones with the integrated trim for $34.99 at HD in Albany, OR today. Sub $20 I would consider them since I still need to buy trim rings for a bunch of cans already.

Abolutely useless without a SKU, link or more information...

SafetyDance said:   Abolutely useless without a SKU, link or more information...

Ditto!

wfay said:   mmyk72 said:   I would've bought a few if only I knew how to do the replacement.Uhhh don't you just unscrew the old one, and screw in the new one, or am I missing something??
How many FWers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

sjwaste said:   Any idea how these look and how bright they'd be compared to an equivalent bulb?
It says "65W equivalent"... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're probably about the same brightness as a 65 watt bulb

well, some of the recessed light conversion kits aren't as simple as screwing in the one-piece kit. my HD had 30+ of these cooper industries led conversion kits yesterday but i just got back and they're all gone today! sku: 744-139 but they're no longer on the website.

they were $29 yesterday and if they scanned at $18.03 i would have bought them using the $50 off $100 HD pro coupon. you still need to buy a trim for the module and i don't know why these cooper industry modules were so expensive (orig. $89.xx w/o required additional trim). if i could have bought them using the $50 off coupon i would have just to tinker with. these come in a white box and not a yellow box so these may be different than what the OP posted.

HD appears to be replacing the older cooper industries (halo) recessed lights and trim with the newer line. there were other cooper industries non-led recessed trims on clearance for 75% off or so.

edit: the $29 halo led modules i found on clearance are still on the HD website for $99: link

rlmoney said:   Could this be it? http://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Lighting-ALED3T24-Downlight-Equival...

Sure, but we have to wait until the OP tell us.

At my local Home Depot they were Cooper Lighting All-PRO LED retrofit modules. The model number on the box is AP706830WBST24. I can confirm the price of $18.03. The number on my receipt was 080083580071.

It was an easy install. The only bad part is that the light socket module was already wired into the LED light so you had to twist the fixture as you twisted the socket module. That made it a 6 minute install instead of a 5 minute install.

The units were bright and had a nice looking metal trim but I won't be keeping them. They took almost a full second to turn on and didn't dim very low. The box said they dim down to 5% with select dimmers but my Lutron dimmers that are designed to support LED lights apparently aren't in that group.

$15.03 at my local store

If these are the ecosmart ones they are really nice.. uses cree led's i have four in my living room on a dimmer and even all the way dimmed its like mood lighting for watching a movie.
I need about 6 more to retrofit the entire house, heres hoping my store has them on clearance <brighton michigan>. Usually mine doesnt.

I got four of these a few days ago for $18.03 each at my Home Despot and was going to post it here, but OP beat me to it. Rimoney's Amaz0n link is correct. momoman's link is incorrect (those were $29.xx, not $18.03) The ones I got do have that orange plug (i.e. the light socket module was not wired into the LED light) so I guess lionelperkins got a different model that lacks that plug. Also, the trim is included. Or more accurately, the LED module is built into the trim.

Overall, they are great lights and well worth $18. Took me literally two minutes to install, they turn on instantly with no flicker or hum, they dim smoothly, and they are about as bright as my 19w compact fluorescents. The box promises 22 years lifetime, and only a 70% brightness reduction in that time. Only time will tell if the lights actually live up to that.

The world will be a better place when lights like these go mainstream and replace all the energy-wasting incandescents in use today.

In case you want to call your local Home Despot to check stock (be sure to ask them to actually, physically check because the computer is often inaccurate):

Home Despot ITEM NUMBER: 848-755

fatwellatio said:   

The world will be a better place when lights like these go mainstream and replace all the energy-wasting incandescents in use today.

Yes, All will be sunshine and Lollipops!

RKEM said:   fatwellatio said:   

And rainbows. Lots of rainbows.

fatwellatio said:   RKEM said:   fatwellatio said:   

And rainbows. Lots of rainbows.

Ya, and don't forget the unicorns ya buncha pansies...

The $50 off $100 coupon from Home Depot just expired
... And I thought I was finally gonna jump in the LED lighting wagon...

bouteill said:   The $50 off $100 coupon from Home Depot just expired
... And I thought I was finally gonna jump in the LED lighting wagon...

My coupon is good to 11/12/2012

There is no way to get new coupons... Good that you printed yours already...

Hello, is it possible to put a picture in here, of your coupon?
That probably would helpaswell...... Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014