• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lava lamp
Disclaimer
Found this at K-mart and thought a flashback to the 70's might be appreciated by some FW'ers.
Classic lava lamp, pink color lava, $6.05 regularly $14.99, black color packaging tube
UPC 0 47162 92104 0.

Part number on pkg, listed right above upc is 210400300

Unfortunately the pink lava was the only one at the $6.05 price.

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

full-size, 20 oz.Lava Lamp
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Argh!!

You beat me to the post on this item OP.

I saw these at my Kmart store.

Just wish that other colors were available.

There were a few different colors BUT ONLY the pink lava lamps were on sale at my Kmart.

I saw this at the store, but already have too many of them. Thanks for the information as I can pass it along to others who might be interested in some of these things. But can you ever have too many lava lamps? Will go tomorrow and grab one.

If you are looking for a more "unique" lava lamp you can find all sorts of plans online for free.

But it helps to buy one of these lamps and use the LAVA and liquid from the lamp in other projects.
(that is, if you don't mind the pinkish/reddish color).

One really cool project my college roommate made was an absolut bottle that he made into a lava lamp.
He had a small biz actually.
A local bar saved the old Absolut empty bottles for him and he would use the lava and liquid from regular 20 ounce lava lamps.
Only thing he had to fabricate was the base and bulb. Also he had to add a dimmer switch to regulate the heat.

Most likely they found it in the store, under or behind some other stuff, the few Kmarts that are still open in my area, sure seem cluttered and a mess.

But it did bring back an OLD memory.

Looks nice, but I don't need it now. Thanks anyhow.

LORENW said:   Most likely they found it in the store, under or behind some other stuff, the few Kmarts that are still open in my area, sure seem cluttered and a mess.

But it did bring back an OLD memory.

Kmart stores are a strange breed.

We have 2 Kmart stores in town and one looks like time forgot about it, for the most part.
Sometimes you find items that originally came in the plastic clamshell packaging, that hangs on a display hook. The plastic has gotten old and has yellowed.
(The only real accurate way to tell how old something is, is by the "included batteries" you can see through the packaging.
When the batteries say,"Best by 2009" and it's now late 2012, then those such items have spent more time inside Kmart than alot of Kmart employees have.

Our 2nd,newer Kmart store is like any other retail store. Seasonal stuff on shelves in a timely manner, shelf choices kept up to date, etc.

As far as these Lava lamps are concerned:
It seems that Kmart might be looking to liquidate all of these lava lamps and not replace them.
Both of our stores used to carry the lava lights.
One store is out and has not restocked.

Surprisingly, for as few workers as you see in Kmart stores these days, the stores I go to locally are both fairly well maintained.
Certainly some of the kid's toy aisles get ransacked by kids during regular hours but as the afternoon/evening draws closer to closing time, things get cleaned up fairly well.

Who knows with Kmart.
While folks are looking for these $6.05 lava lamps, they may actually come across some Lava lamps that say,"Made in the USA",
If you do, then that particular lava lamp truly has been inside the store since the 70's.

Thanks for your tips! I have read them carefully.

They are regular price @ my Kmart.

interesting post.... it's Kmart's lack of inventory monitoring and poor inventory tracking systems that has put them where they are today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014