• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CNET's top-rated flat panel TV. Plus get 2% rewards back from Amazon and another 5% if you use your discover card (make sure to register first with discover for the 5% for online shopping). By the time you factor in the tax-free, and the Cash Back, this works outs to a better deal than the $1,000 Frys deal which is store pickup (and sales tax) only. Price seems to be fluctuating--it was the same price yesterday then jumped $100 and now back to the $1147.

Linky

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST50 Plasma TV
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Chevk the link for pro calibration settings. You need to register first but it is free and totally worth it! This TV is incredible. I did do the 100 hour break-in and Dnice cal settings and the picture blows me away.
http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?12986-2012-Panasoni...

55-inch is what I wanna to buy. Thanks OP! The price is also ok for me.

I got the option for FSSS on my test order

$600 for a 50" inch version of this TV at Costco, is this worth double the price ?

polishdreamer said:   $600 for a 50" inch version of this TV at Costco, is this worth double the price ?

The model at Costco is not from the the same series. Check the model numbers carefully. This is the TC-PST series. The model at Costco is from the TC-PU series.

plainview said:   polishdreamer said:   $600 for a 50" inch version of this TV at Costco, is this worth double the price ?

The model at Costco is not from the the same series. Check the model numbers carefully. This is the TC-PST series. The model at Costco is from the TC-PU series.

Is the 5" / different model worth double the price ?? I get the PST versus PU model as well.

See for yourself details on the 2012 Panasonic TVs. Also see the Cnet review.

Other review

Did anybody try contacting Amazon or Paul's TV for FRY's ($999) price match:

http://www.frys.com/product/6994187

Hi
Can you please tell me the total dimension of the box for ST 50 Plasma TV? I want to know if it will fit in my car
if I pick it up at Fry's.

great find, might need to upgrade now

Amazon is going to price match Frys for me to $1049. They said it is store pickup only, since I am getting free delivery from Amazon, they have to add a charge assuming Frys would ship it ($50). $999 + 50 (presumed shipping) = $1049. Adjustment will be $98 once my order fully processes.

seanybaz13,
Were you able to do the Amazon price match instantly on the phone? Why didnt they price match to $999

polishdreamer said:   plainview said:   polishdreamer said:   $600 for a 50" inch version of this TV at Costco, is this worth double the price ?

Is the 5" / different model worth double the price ?? I get the PST versus PU model as well.

Your question is like, Corolla is the same size as BMW 3 series. Is it worth it ?

bsam6463 said:   seanybaz13,
Were you able to do the Amazon price match instantly on the phone? Why didnt they price match to $999

I placed the order at the $1147 price with Amazon Prime. I then called and requested a price adjustment to $999 over the phone. I had done some investigation of the policy and it has to be a web order. Frys is a web order, but store pickup only. The rep said they needed to research and placed me on hold. She came back and said that since I had a Frys within 50 miles they could do the match. They said that since Frys is pick up only in this case and Amazon is delivering, they have to factor in a speculative delivery charge of $50 (assumed cost of Frys delivery). Since Amazon is including the 2 day delivery cost for me (again Prime)in the $1147 price, they were willing to adjust down to $1049 (Frys $999 + theoretical $50). I was satisfied with this result as it seemed reasonable, so I did not press it. I also confirmed that on TVs you can call Amazon and get a price match approval over the phone prior to ordering at Amazon. As long as you order at Amazon within 24 hours of getting price match approval they will honor it. Thus, you don't need to order prior to calling.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply

polishdreamer said:   plainview said:   polishdreamer said:   $600 for a 50" inch version of this TV at Costco, is this worth double the price ?

Polishdreamer: if you want to limit your comparison to the size, then you have to compare this P55ST50 to the P50ST50 (the one that's 5" smaller in the same series).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014