• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Belkin PureAV« PF60 Home Theater Power Console - AP41300FC-10-BLK

List Price:$599.99
(Save 72%)
Today $164.99 Free Budget Shipping

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-pureav-pf60-home-theater-power-co...

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 10.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

same price at Amazon link

Any word on whether these things work at saving your TV's power supplies?
I have had a power supply go out on a large plasma (capacitors and buffer boards).
Cost $300 in parts to fix myself. Not sure if the bulging caps had anything to do with the bad buffers but it wouldnt be a big leap to say it did.

Wondering if having it plugged into one of these units might have save me the trouble...

Good deal. Monoprice has one that has level 2 filters and fewer outlets for $97. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=109...

Depends on your needs. I love belkin products.

KYBOSH said:   Any word on whether these things work at saving your TV's power supplies?
I have had a power supply go out on a large plasma (capacitors and buffer boards).
Cost $300 in parts to fix myself. Not sure if the bulging caps had anything to do with the bad buffers but it wouldnt be a big leap to say it did.

Wondering if having it plugged into one of these units might have save me the trouble...

This may reduce the possibility that the capacitors will bulge and leak...may...but the bulk of the issue with the leaking and bulging capacitors was not "dirty" electricity, it was poor quality components from Taiwan. If you have a one of those batches of faulty capacitors, then your electronic item will need repairing eventually, though a good power conditioner like this may prolong the time between when you need to get it serviced.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014