• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Pulled from S/D, Thanks to sjsfan the OP

I was at Home Depot today to buy new toilet for my house. They had tons of models on sale with special rebates available.
I saw decent models selling for $20 to $50. But then I saw glacier bay toilet model 173-239
For $98 with $98 rebate. I snagged one and they had 2 more in stock.
So if you need free toilet you should visit your local store.
Btw rebate forms are in store. Easy rebates.
Sacramento also has a $100 Rebate thrue The city of Sacramento

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Glacier Bay Toilet 173-239
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Who puts carpet around the toilet? Any time some crap happens, you have to replace the carpet.

And crap will happen

king0fSpades (Oct. 30, 2012 @ 2:21p) |

Not sure if this is the same but I looked at this a couple months ago and the rebate was only if you were replacing a to... (more)

jjchavez (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 6:18p) |

This should work in Stockton, after all it is the city seal.

ForSpud (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 6:40p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can someone post the rebate form details... i need to know if there is a limit on the rebate. Building a house and I need 5 of these.

Weird reviews - love it or hate it. But FAR it's hard to say No to - if the rebate is in your area.

My son instaled 2 American Standard Cadet 3 - $139 each
After rebate it only cost me $39 each

Very nice toilet, Do not use the wax ring it comes with.
Pay the extra $4 or $5 and buy the best one HD sells

http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Toilets-Toilet-Seats-Bidets-Toilet...

Here the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkOaQNiKgoo

YMMV - appears that there is no such rebate program in San Diego.

shank said:   YMMV - appears that there is no such rebate program in San Diego.

Yes...very YMMV...as I put in different test zip codes in the HD rebate website for these types of products...and got a wide variety of results based on locale...

shank said:   YMMV - appears that there is no such rebate program in San Diego.

Here you go
http://www.socalwatersmart.com/index.php/estimateyourrebate

Since OP mentions Bay Area, Contra Costa Water District has a $125/per cash voucher (like a rebate, but you get it up front!) See http://www.ccwater.com/conserve/rebates_rtoilets.asp

I did this in 2010, when the amount was MUCH higher, and swapped out 3 toilets with super-smokin'-fancy-schmancy ones, and total out of pocket was only $100 or so. Yay.

phx area rebates??

In for one for my new bedroom. Thanks OP!

vickh said:   phx area rebates??

Make the call
http://www.morningstarturf.com/cityrebate.html

Thx OP. Lets fight for toilets. I need two. I just got another property last Fri.

tempting..this could serve as a guest chair for my office

For Free, I would can even use it as a planter

Crappy deal...

I already replaced two of these glacier bay toilets that came in my DR Horton home. Easily plugged and the bowl is easily stained by hard water. Never had that happen before.

Butcherboy said:   shank said:   YMMV - appears that there is no such rebate program in San Diego.

Here you go
http://www.socalwatersmart.com/index.php/estimateyourrebate

Yup - no San Diego:

Founding Cities (December 1928): Anaheim, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Colton*, Glendale, Los Angeles, Pasadena, San Bernardino*, San Marino, Santa Ana and Santa Monica
* Withdrew in 1931
Subsequent Member Agency Cities: Cities of Fullerton (joined 1931), Long Beach (1931), Torrance (1931), Compton (1931), and San Fernando (1971)

Looks like a good rig. Is it low flo and what kind of flush can I expect?

bigcat007 said:    what kind of flush can I expect?

wet.

ragedogg69 said:   I already replaced two of these glacier bay toilets that came in my DR Horton home. Easily plugged and the bowl is easily stained by hard water. Never had that happen before.

A friend of mine ended up buying three of them, one of them started leaking from the flush valve right after he put them in. I wouldn't use any kind of glacier bay water product as they're too cheap and any kind of water leak is either really going to raise your water bill or end up destroying your home. Only reason to get them is if you're planning on selling your home soon and you hope that the buyers don't know that glacier bay is crap. For a really good toilet, get a Toto, they start at around $200+ and go up from there.

henry33 said:   ragedogg69 said:   I already replaced two of these glacier bay toilets that came in my DR Horton home. Easily plugged and the bowl is easily stained by hard water. Never had that happen before.

A friend of mine ended up buying three of them, one of them started leaking from the flush valve right after he put them in. I wouldn't use any kind of glacier bay water product as they're too cheap and any kind of water leak is either really going to raise your water bill or end up destroying your home. Only reason to get them is if you're planning on selling your home soon and you hope that the buyers don't know that glacier bay is crap. For a really good toilet, get a Toto, they start at around $200+ and go up from there.

I don't know about Glacier Bay, so I won't comment there, but I no longer recommend Toto toilets after experiencing issues with the one I bought....and it isn't just me. I looked online and found a lot of others with the same issue, as well as friends who have Totos and are experiencing the same issues.

Toto, at least in the last couple of years, has gone cheap with the internal parts. The flush valve, or whatever it is called, inside the water tank, starts "wearing out", for lack of a better term, pretty quickly (less than 1 year) and your toilet will keep filling....on and on and on....
You have to open the tank lid and jiggle it. It's a cheap part, in multiple ways, as I think it is less than $20 to replace. Thing is that it is a PITA to do, and to plan on doing yearly, for however long you use the toilet. We don't put things in our toilet that would cause premature wearing out (think of things like the tablets that you plop in for cleaning, etc...we don't do that), nor do we have hard water. Toto has just decided to go cheap and lessen their brand value.

If it wasn't for that issue, yes, I would say a good toilet. However, because of that, I cringe anytime I see them recommended.

This was right next to a another thread which made it look like this was a deal on a refurbished toilet when I looked at it quickly. Yuck.

murpheeee said:   This was right next to a another thread which made it look like this was a deal on a refurbished toilet when I looked at it quickly. Yuck.

Though most toilets people use, are "used" units

I read the deal wrong at first. I thought, $98 for a toilet seat? That's a lot, even for the Bay Area! And who gives out rebates for toilet seats?!?

Nice find.

I recommend American Standard Champion 4. I replaced all of mine with it. Consumer Reports best buy. I'm convinced this thing could handle a double deuce!!!! It's around $200.

pirysie said:   In for one for my new bedroom. Thanks OP!

Am I the only one puzzled by a toilet in a bedroom?

orangecrushv said:   pirysie said:   In for one for my new bedroom. Thanks OP!

I just assumed he meant a bathroom that would be next to a master bedroom.

For my rentals, I used to use Kohler, but have switched to American Standard. If you read the reviews, there's always some bad ones in there. I also end up replacing the flush valves after a few years, the Kohler's I got before used non-standard ones so that's why I switched to American Standard.

I think he is in jail.

Consumer Reports did a toilet review in its September issue. FWIW, American Standard Champion 4 2002.014 was Number 1 (haha!), but is $300. Numbers 2 - 5 range from $240 to $425. Coming in at Number 6, and the only CR Best Buy in the ten they recommend (CR is combination of good product and good price) is Aquasource AT1203-00 for $100 at Lowes. Glacier didn't have a toilet listed in the top 20.

However, if you're looking at a Dual-Flush, the Number 1 is Glacier Bay Dual-Flush N2316 for $100 at HD (and a CR Best Buy). None of the other Dual-Flushes were recommended.

So much waste, so little time!

toilet in bedroom
Disclaimer

here's a pic of a house i looked at for sale. it had a toilet directly attached to the master bedroom (the door to the left is a walk-in closet; the bedroom part is to the behind-left of the picture.) seriously. no door, screen, fan, or anything to stop your stink from fouling up the whole room. it was a nice place too: custom home, pool, basketball court, playground, rose garden, 5 bedroom, 4 bathrooms, 3175 sq feet, sold for $480k. great place otherwise, but this part was the deal-killer for me.

So yeah, puzzling, but it can happen.

collinong said:   orangecrushv said:   pirysie said:   In for one for my new bedroom. Thanks OP!

here's a pic of a house i looked at for sale. it had a toilet directly attached to the master bedroom (the door to the left is a walk-in closet; the bedroom part is to the back-left of the picture.) seriously. no door, screen, fan, or anything to stop your stink from fouling up the whole room. it was a nice place too: custom home, 3175 sq feet, sold for $480k. great place otherwise, but this part was the deal-killer for me.

Very odd. Not only the toilet but that fact that the carpet goes right up to the edge and the color of the walls seems to be a shade between lime and vomit.

collinong said:   orangecrushv said:   pirysie said:   In for one for my new bedroom. Thanks OP!

here's a pic of a house i looked at for sale. it had a toilet directly attached to the master bedroom (the door to the left is a walk-in closet; the bedroom part is to the behind-left of the picture.) seriously. no door, screen, fan, or anything to stop your stink from fouling up the whole room. it was a nice place too: custom home, pool, basketball court, playground, rose garden, 5 bedroom, 4 bathrooms, 3175 sq feet, sold for $480k. great place otherwise, but this part was the deal-killer for me.

Who puts carpet around the toilet? Any time some crap happens, you have to replace the carpet.

And crap will happen

Not sure if this is the same but I looked at this a couple months ago and the rebate was only if you were replacing a toilet that was greater than 3 gallons per flush or something like that. If you have a toilet that is older than 1992 then you might be able to get the rebate.

This should work in Stockton, after all it is the city seal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014