rated:

3500W Champion
Disclaimer
Back in Stock at Cabelas

use code 2GIFTS for free shipping

Champion
Champion 3500 Watt Generator Weekender Package
Free Shipping Eligible

This feature-packed generator delivers 3,500 running watts and up to 4,000 peak watts. Plus, you get even more with the Weekender Package: heavy-duty wheels, a clamp-on handle kit and polyester-lined PVC storage cover. With a noise level of 68db, its quiet only 8db above normal conversation. Runs 12 hours at 50% load from a 4-gallon fuel tank. Receptacles include a 30-amp, 120-volt twist-lock; one 30-amp, 120-volt RV receptacle; and a 20-amp, 120-volt. Push-to-reset circuit breakers. Single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled engine with recoil start and low-oil shut-off. 1"-diameter tubular steel frame. Includes oil funnel, spark arrester and spark-plug wrench. One-year limited warranty.
Dimensions: 23-1/4"L x 17-1/2"W x 17-1/4"H.
Weight: 100 lbs.
Item: IK-523893

Deal

Product Manual

Member Summary

Champion 3500W Generator Weekender Pkg
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You're a good kid.

cleek (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 8:05a) |

"The reality is, these generators when running well, pose zero problems to electronics" Completely incorrect, but don't ... (more)

buster2 (Dec. 02, 2012 @ 7:11p) |

Hey Buster2, how many champion units do you own? I have two (1400 and a 3500) and a Honda EU2000i. No broken anything ... (more)

yakky (Dec. 02, 2012 @ 7:25p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

hammer45 said:   Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

No it is not ship to STORE only...The unit is $319 shipped to your home and delivered by the "Men in Brown", but ship to STORE is a option if your prefer.

Don't be confused by the STS option listed on the page.

Green for OP !

T Y V M

cleek said:   hammer45 said:   Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

No it is not ship to STORE only...The unit is $319 shipped to your home and delivered by the "Men in Brown", but ship to STORE is a option if your prefer.

Great news!

Out here on the east coast, we just lost power. Sure could use one now.

well cuddle up with someone, stay warm, and keep in mind what can happen in 9 months if you do so correctly/incorrectly :~)
Take Care !

Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.

This puppy is running in my backyard right now (I'm in MA). Bought it last year after the October snow storm, where we lost power for a week. It is enough to power our fridge, home theater, internet router and most importantly our boiler (heat and hot water). Started on 1st pull every other month, and runs ~ 10-12 hrs at 50% load.

What you have to remember is that many devices (fridge, boiler) with motor pull peak power up front, but then settle to a much lower power. Plan your breakers carefully, and this can power the essentials.

radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.
While this is true, not everyone needs it, and it costs considerably less. I don't have a sump pump, and don't consider my washer/dryer or dishwasher a necessity. All depends on the situation, though.

radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.

not so on the page in description

CHAMPION 3500W WEEKENDER PCKG
This feature-packed generator delivers 3,500 running watts and up to 4,000 peak watts. Plus, you get even more with the Weekender Package: heavy-duty wheels, a clamp-on handle kit and polyester-lined PVC storage cover. With a noise level of 68db, its quiet only 8db above normal conversation. Runs 12 hours at 50% load from a 4-gallon fuel tank. Receptacles include a 30-amp, 120/240-volt twist-lock; one 30-amp, 120-volt RV receptacle; and a 20-amp, 120-volt. Push-to-reset circuit breakers. Single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled engine with recoil start and low-oil shut-off. 1"-diameter tubular steel frame. Includes oil funnel, spark arrester and spark-plug wrench. One-year limited warranty.

SuperET said:   radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.

not so on the page in description

CHAMPION 3500W WEEKENDER PCKG
This feature-packed generator delivers 3,500 running watts and up to 4,000 peak watts. Plus, you get even more with the Weekender Package: heavy-duty wheels, a clamp-on handle kit and polyester-lined PVC storage cover. With a noise level of 68db, its quiet only 8db above normal conversation. Runs 12 hours at 50% load from a 4-gallon fuel tank. Receptacles include a 30-amp, 120/240-volt twist-lock; one 30-amp, 120-volt RV receptacle; and a 20-amp, 120-volt. Push-to-reset circuit breakers. Single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled engine with recoil start and low-oil shut-off. 1"-diameter tubular steel frame. Includes oil funnel, spark arrester and spark-plug wrench. One-year limited warranty.

Although it lists it on the description page, the OP's description is correct, it does NOT have 240V. I have this generator.

Page 17 of the manual states that the unit is 120v. The confusion may come from the physical description of the "twist lock" receptacle - commonly used for 240v connections.

Thx to radio buff for calling No 240v out. I meant to highlight it in the OP, but I was distracted by that raging b!tch Sandy.

Also, page 6 of the manual describes the specs on the receptacles. Note that the twist lock can draw up to 3500 watts and has a 25 amp breaker. The 120 volt can draw up 2500w/20a. it makes sense to get a twist lock to three prong adapter cable you have an item that draws a larger load on start up. These are commonly available where generators are sold. (Cabelas, Amazon, and most HW stores)

djspray said:   radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.
While this is true, not everyone needs it, and it costs considerably less. I don't have a sump pump, and don't consider my washer/dryer or dishwasher a necessity. All depends on the situation, though.

I was just giving this as a warning to people with a well, most well pumps are 240volt and the description is misleading, there is NO 240 for those that may need it for a well pump.

radiobufff said:   djspray said:   radiobufff said:   Just an FYI, there is NO 240 volt connection on this Generator.

I was just giving this as a warning to people with a well, most well pumps are 240volt and the description is misleading, there is NO 240 for those that may need it for a well pump.

Good call radio buff. It is an important point to considered when determining needs.

in 4 1 as well. moved to a new neighborhood with overhead power lines - just waiting for an outage with $1k worth of meat in the freezer...

cleek said:   hammer45 said:   Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

I got red for free shipping to home? LOL

cleek said:   cleek said:   hammer45 said:   Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

Not from me...I actually bought one and gave you GREEN! If you click the rating chart it will tell you who voted what.

hammer45 said:   cleek said:   cleek said:   hammer45 said:   Shipping to STORE only...not one close by unfortunately.

Not from me...I actually bought one and gave you GREEN! If you click the rating chart it will tell you who voted what.

Nope I knew it wan't you. It is some drive by. I was inte same boat as you and could only get th deal if it would ship to my home.

Got free shipping to my home in ALASKA- Awesome deal!

Here's a twist to 3 prong for $17 from Amazon (1 week delay)....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MGJ2F4/...

Any coupon?

hammer45 said:   Here's a twist to 3 prong for $17 from Amazon (1 week delay)....
Careful - according to the manual (found at the link provided by the OP) the twist receptacle on this generator is a type L5-30. Your link is for another type of twist plug. If the manual is correct then you will need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IUL9P2/...

Backorder.

I applied for their Visa card and got $25 off my order, came to $295! No tax, free shipping.

fiftyhertz said:   hammer45 said:   Here's a twist to 3 prong for $17 from Amazon (1 week delay)....
Careful - according to the manual (found at the link provided by the OP) the twist receptacle on this generator is a type L5-30. Your link is for another type of twist plug. If the manual is correct then you will need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IUL9P2/...

Thank you so much for pointing this out....great catch. Canceled my order and went with your link!

My $.02 for anyone who purchases anything with a non-brand name engine i.e, Chinese clones especially lower h.p. models who dont have a replaceable oil filter. Change the oil several times within the 1st hr of operation. If you examine what will drain out you will see why Im advising this. These Chinese clone powerplants arent on the same level as a Honda but with some additional maintenance care they will have a decent service life..

Just signed up for the card and got $25 off also

the mobility (wheels) kit is worth about $60. the engine is a chinese clone of the honda engine, or a "chonda." google "champion honda engine" or "chonda engines" and you'll find out that these chinese engines are pretty good clones of the honda engines.

these can be converted to tri-fuel (gasoline, natural gas, liquid propane) for about $200. i haven't converted my still new 3500w champion ($100-$150 AR fw deal in 2008) generator yet but plan to real soon. i bought it to be prepared for "the big one" since i live in socal.

I have a smaller generator from this manufacturer. It has worked well for me. I read reviews also on the mfr and most are favorable. I might get this unit too as my current one is a bit too small..

Green for OP!

Just survived Sandy with borrowed generater connection from nice neighbor..again, must buy before another one.

Few questions:

1. Can I put this generator outside in rain/wind/strom or I have to run it in the garage when raining?
2. Included cover - is that waterproof? Can it be used when generator is running to protect from rain?
3. How is this compares with this?

You should NEVER run one of htese in your garage; too much risk from the exhaust. You also don't want to run it with the cover on; it's meant for storage protection, not while in use. I built a small portable box (bolt together) that slides around the unit; not pretty, but does the job. Hole where the exhaust goes, overhang near where the outlets are. It's hinged, so all I have to do is unbolt & fold for storage. It gets strapped to the tubes during use to keep it from blowing away. Works fairly well, and lets me put the unit where I need to.

Rob

And your box is made of ? Any pic to get an idea?

rbrittigan said:   You should NEVER run one of htese in your garage; too much risk from the exhaust. You also don't want to run it with the cover on; it's meant for storage protection, not while in use. I built a small portable box (bolt together) that slides around the unit; not pretty, but does the job. Hole where the exhaust goes, overhang near where the outlets are. It's hinged, so all I have to do is unbolt & fold for storage. It gets strapped to the tubes during use to keep it from blowing away. Works fairly well, and lets me put the unit where I need to.

Rob

@ work right now, so no pictures but it's made out of scrap wood & the same plywood (fairly thin, 11/32) I used for my shed. It already has weather protection on one side, and is meant for exterior walls. It also matches my houses color.

It can be found at Home Depot or Lowes (and most other similar shops), and can be found near the rest of the plywood. Or you could just use PT Treated Plywood, but that's quite a bit heavier.

As far as the box construction, I don't have measurements handy, but think like a gift box with no bottom & missing one side. Hinges on the inside at each wall -> top has the hinges attached to the back wall. (Makes it easier to fuel) Very similar to the way a 'deck box' would open up, except this is wood & not resin. To take it apart I unbolt the top & fold the sides in. Make sure there is enough airflow around the unit so it doesn't overheat (oversize your box just a tad), and you will be good to go.

Good luck...

Thanks OP! I hope to get it by the next power outage. CSR said no estimate on when they'll be in stock.

momoman said:   these can be converted to tri-fuel (gasoline, natural gas, liquid propane) for about $200. i haven't converted my still new 3500w champion ($100-$150 AR fw deal in 2008) generator yet but plan to real soon. i bought it to be prepared for "the big one" since i live in socal.

Question: Were do you expect to get gasoline, natural gas or liquid propane if socal has another one of any size?

NG will be cut off to prevent explosions, no electricity to pump gasoline and nobody will sell their liquid propane.

fiftyhertz said:   hammer45 said:   Here's a twist to 3 prong for $17 from Amazon (1 week delay)....

This is a common part for an RV supplier.

I did not know they made these, so I made my own.

cybert19 said:   momoman said:   these can be converted to tri-fuel (gasoline, natural gas, liquid propane) for about $200. i haven't converted my still new 3500w champion ($100-$150 AR fw deal in 2008) generator yet but plan to real soon. i bought it to be prepared for "the big one" since i live in socal.

Question: Were do you expect to get gasoline, natural gas or liquid propane if socal has another one of any size?

NG will be cut off to prevent explosions, no electricity to pump gasoline and nobody will sell their liquid propane.

Most gas stations have been mandated to have generators to keep the pumps running

Skipping 118 Messages...
Hey Buster2, how many champion units do you own? I have two (1400 and a 3500) and a Honda EU2000i. No broken anything with any of the three.

I think you should ditch that turd Generac and get a Toshiba 4S. You'll thank me later. K... bye.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014