• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Up to 50% Off The North Face @ 6PM - Up to 50% off

Free Shipping!

There are in fact saving steeper than 50% - but we're comfortable boasting about up to 50% savings on many jacket styles, including the one pictured.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Up to 50% Off The North Face
Thanks gamevader
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

6pm.com FW Ad Alert. I wonder how much 6pm pays for these advertisements...

Matrim33 said:   6pm.com FW Ad Alert. I wonder how much 6pm pays for these advertisements...
FatWalletTopDeals said:   (FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

As a lady, I like shopping! Thanks OP for sharing this perfect deal.

Just Warning!I had to pay $9 for a return of a $40 item. Ridiculously bad policy. Stay away if you're not 100% sure that the cloth or shoes will fit.

CissyYuan said:   Just Warning!I had to pay $9 for a return of a $40 item. Ridiculously bad policy. Stay away if you're not 100% sure that the cloth or shoes will fit.

Good advice! Been there, done that.

I didn't notice any price differences on TNF stuff, but I did notice that 6pm is having a $19.99 sale on Thursday, which I'll be certain to check out.

The coat looks beautiful. I wanna to buy one for myself.

I'm happy to find this deal which works for me. Thx

CissyYuan said:   Just Warning!I had to pay $9 for a return of a $40 item. Ridiculously bad policy. Stay away if you're not 100% sure that the cloth or shoes will fit.

And be aware that if there is a problem with your order that is 6pm's fault, they will not take responsibility and will expect you to foot the bill on return shipping costs. I bought a pair of Puma running shoes from them that were supposed to be an 11 in silver that was pictured as nearly white. They came dark gray nothing like what was shown on the website and if 6pm had an accurate photo posted, I never would have bought them. My size 10.5-11 foot would not even fit in the shoe - it was not just an issue of fit or slight sizing differences between brands, this shoe was a 9 that was mislabeled. I complained to 6pm and was told tough luck, we're not responsible for fit or your styling preferences. I demanded to speak to a CS manager and she told me the same thing, but more rudely and would not accept that their website misrepresented the item and it was a defective shoe that no man on earth with a size 11 foot could have worn. Luckily, I paid so little for them that I was able to sell them on eBay (candidly stating the real-life size) and break even, rather than take a loss of something like $18 in shipping both ways on a $25 shoe.

Matrim33 said:   6pm.com FW Ad Alert. I wonder how much 6pm pays for these advertisements...

The merchant didn't pay to be featured in this manner. I undertook to post it, based on our members' interest in similar deals in the past.

We do expect to earn commission on purchases made from links from this Best Deal, and in fact, you can assume that any time you see the FatWallet Cash Back designation (the merchant's commission to us is the source of our Cash Back rebate to members).

FatWalletTopDeals-authored threads are chosen with the member and visitor in mind, but may also be of direct benefit to FatWallet.

gamevader said:   Matrim33 said:   6pm.com FW Ad Alert. I wonder how much 6pm pays for these advertisements...

The merchant didn't pay to be featured in this manner. I undertook to post it, based on our members' interest in similar deals in the past.

We do expect to earn commission on purchases made from links from this Best Deal, and in fact, you can assume that any time you see the FatWallet Cash Back designation (the merchant's commission to us is the source of our Cash Back rebate to members).

FatWalletTopDeals-authored threads are chosen with the member and visitor in mind, but may also be of direct benefit to FatWallet.

First off, 6pm is a shady site to start with. Check out their reviews:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/6pm

Secondly, there is a new deal every day for their site on Fatwallet. No other company gets this much exposure on Fatwallet. And their deals aren't even that great. Yes you can get 80% off a size 18 shoe that regularly costs "$300", but seriously.

Third, the deals are written from the point of view of 6pm, not the person posting the deal.

Forth, the deals are never posted by regular users but by staff.

Why advertise crappy sales from a crappy site daily if you weren't getting an incentive to do so??

Does this not at all sound just a bit fishy?

That isn't a stellar review, you're right, but that is also not the only word on customer service. Have you ever shopped with them, and how was the experience? I have tried to keep my teen son in skate shoes, and have shopped numerous times with 6PM.com. Especially now that shipping is free, I am 100% happy with them.

I believe that more than the occasional customer is finding something to their liking when they link, since they're shopping.

Can you explain, "the deals are written from the point of view of 6pm, not the person posting the deal"? Is that because I'm not singling out an item, or providing both pros and cons, or... ? I am eager to know why you think I've got 6PM.com's back on this, when what I hoped to convey was that I was steering members towards a likely good value.

A search of 6PM.com on our site does show a number of different members posting either an isolated item, or a category, but as Best Deals writers (and posting as FatWalletTopDeals), we are all known to post their deals.

We don't expect every member or visitor to have an interest in every deal, but we do believe there's wide-spread enough interest to keep posting these kind of deals.

When it comes to shoes and apparel, what sites and kinds of sales would you like to see?

I'll 2nd the above statements that 6pm isn't the greatest site. I too have purchased shoes from them where the actual color of the shoe was vastly different than pictured on the website. I'm talking the picture was a deep grey, and the shoes that arrived were a bright cream/almond color.

And their return policy sucks.

Yeah, 6pm sucks!

There are in fact saving steeper than 50% - but we're comfortable boasting about up to 50% savings on many jacket styles, including the one pictured.
Are these your words? Who's we?

From another 6pm deal from staff:
More than 3000 styles to choose from - including designer brands such as Adrienne Vittadini, Foley & Corinna, Jessica Simpson, Michael Kors, Rebecca Minkoff and many more.
Did staff really look for all these brand names? Did they count out the 3000 styles, or were they told this info?

Another deal from staff:
More than 900 styles to choose from, priced from about $11 to $100.Well represented brands include: ABS Allen Schwartz, BCBGeneration, BCBGMaxAzria, Calvin Klein, Christin Michaels, Gabriella Rocha and many more.

Don't get me wrong there, are a lot of what I see as good deals and bad deals on FW all the time from a wide array of companies. But for some reason 6pm pops up more than any other company with terrible deals on FW.

I'm not the only one noticing:
http://www.fatwallet.com/6PM-coupons/up-to-70-off-fall-athletic-...

It just kills me that such a gimmicky site, with bad service, and make believe sales gets so much exposure on FW.

Those are my words, in all cases. At 6pm.com, once you've decided on the listing of products you want to feature, there's a count right at the top of the page of how many items are in the results. I include those as a service to FatWallet members and visitors. If you thought you had 10 different styles to choose from, you might not be as interested as when the selection is 100, or 1000.

Yes, someone did check to see that all those brands are there, again, me. In the case of the brand name handbags, I scanned the "sort by brand" to see what well known brands were well-represented. If there were only two or three styles by a given designer, I skipped it, but where the count was high, I included that name. This is truly to save you a click if this is not the sort of deal/assortment you are not interested in.

Of all the BD staffers, I may be the most enthusiastic about this site, but all my own experience (having placed numerous orders there through the years) has been favorable. The harshest things I can say about them is that - as a closeout site - you're often left with last season's styles, not every style is still available in every site, and when we say, "X% off", we're saying "off list prices", and have not made an item-by-item, internet-wide price comparison.

Having said that, the Best Deals feature is for our members - so please weigh in about what merchants you'd like to see, especially where you think value, quality and service are consistently high (and we'll try to find the deals). Thanks.

As someone who works with merchants directly, another reason 6pm is often featured is because they are a highly promotional site. That gives our Best Deals team and our FatWallet members a lot of variety in regards to the frequency of their sales and category/product discounting.

gamevader said:   Having said that, the Best Deals feature is for our members - so please weigh in about what merchants you'd like to see, especially where you think value, quality and service are consistently high (and we'll try to find the deals). Thanks.

REI
REI outlet
last call

I personally love 6pm. Never had a bad experience and have ordered 5 pairs of shoes from the website. (:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014