• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I suspect this is a SECRET sale because i couldnt find any results for it when I searched the model number on mc's website. i only found the models website page thru google

top middle of the weekly ad

Is this THE cheapest new (non-refurb) laptop out there now? Correct me if I am wrong but I sure think so. it beat all the new laptop deals on, say, bb, Amazon, frys, etc. in terms of CHEAPEST new laptop.

In-Store Only

Limit 1 per household

ASUS R503U-MH21 15.6" Laptop Computer - Black

Available for In-Store Pickup Only.

$25999
Save $90.00 / Originally $349.99

In-Store Only

Limit 1 per household
My Wish Lists: Add to my wish list

Overview
Specs
Add-Ons
Reviews

Overview

SKU:
Mfr Part #:
R503U-MH21
UPC:

Write a review
Write the first review

AMD E2-1800 1.7GHz
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
2GB DDR3-1333 RAM
320GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
8x SuperMulti DVDRW Drive
Memory Card Reader
10/100/1000 Network
802.11b/g/n Wireless
15.6" LED-backlit TFT Display

The new R-series notebook offers an expressive combination of technology and style, featuring a host of convenient features that translates into an incredible value. It also boasts Super Hybrid Engine II with exclusive instant-on functionality which resumes in just two seconds from sleep, ensuring that you are always connected.

PS: Also, theres a refurb one (laptop model next to it in the weekly ad) with windows 7 for 249.99

Member Summary

R503u-mh21
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

2GB is barely passable
I'd upgrade memory. So figure another $40-50 for that.

stiltner said:   2GB is barely passable
I'd upgrade memory. So figure another $40-50 for that.

You would be surprised. I have 4GB in an Acer Aspire One 722 with C-60 CPU Netbook/Ultralight Notebook (not really a Netbook, but has no DVD drive). I never use more than about 2GB it seems, even though I have 4 installed. That's with Windows 7. It seems to run out of CPU poop before it runs out of RAM.

Edit: Also, I would watch out for these ultra-cheap Asus -brand laptops. They don't seem to be designed with serviceability in mind. I recently picked up an X401 model at BB for $299.99 + tax. I watched a disassembly video on YouTube, you have to take the whole keyboard off just to get at the HD, and you have to take the whole motherboard out, just to get at the RAM.

For those reasons alone, I would consider Asus laptops to be "disposable".

Both my Asus laptops are service friendly one is a G50v the other a K50I. Neither is a real pain to work on. So thanks for the heads up " watch out for these ultra-cheap Asus -brand laptops." Having to take out the MB to replace the RAM my be a deal killer for some.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014