• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1600 Count 4-Piece Bed Queen Sized-Sheet Set (Egyptian Comfort Olive Green) @ Buy.com - $39.99
compare at $79.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping discounts that earn Up to 10.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Is this real 1600 or more likely just quad thread wraps so in practice only 400threads? I hate how impossible it is today to find a quality high thread count set because they all just twist the threads together now and pretend it's higher density than it is. I had ONE set in the past 15 years that was amazingly soft and luxurious feeling and was a "true" 800 tc. Ever since then I've never been able to find anything remotely as high of quality. Anyone have some "good" recommendations?

We need a good list of real quality single ply, single pick fabrics...

Microfiber for added plushness - SERIOUSLY? added plushness...try cheap alternative! These are NOT Egyptian COTTON...these are Egyptian COMFORT...total scam! I can't believe FW made this a front page deal...not to mention you can get the EXACT set on eBay for $34...w/ free shipping as well

try2win said:   Microfiber for added plushness - SERIOUSLY? added plushness...try cheap alternative! These are NOT Egyptian COTTON...these are Egyptian COMFORT...total scam! I can't believe FW made this a front page deal...not to mention you can get the EXACT set on eBay for $34...w/ free shipping as well

No link = Red

try2win said:   Microfiber for added plushness - SERIOUSLY? added plushness...try cheap alternative! These are NOT Egyptian COTTON...these are Egyptian COMFORT...total scam! I can't believe FW made this a front page deal...not to mention you can get the EXACT set on eBay for $34...w/ free shipping as well

You're right, these are misleading at best. In fact they don't say "cotton" anywhere.

I bought a similar set from a local rep selling similar looking sheets for 40 bucks Queen sized.

Here's my experience

* Sheets are silky smoothe right out of the package ( No scratchy material I'm used to for new sheets )
* Sheets seemed pretty thin materialwise
* Elastic was one big piece around the entire mattress.. kindof hard to find corners
* After First wash, left alot in the lint trap
* First night sleep was awesome. Love the feel of new sheets
* Sheets were a bit warm compared to cotton I'm used to. Great for coming winter, but I couldn't use em in the Summer.

I love the sheets. Wish they sold some patterns, I'd grab another set. Great for winter sheets. I don't know if these are the exact same sheets, but the package and description looks exactly the same as what I got a few weeks ago.

try2win said:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/1600-Count-4-Piece-Bed-Sheet-Set-Egyptia...

linky dink

Lmao, eBay link offers all 6 colors in both king or queen sizes for $34.99. Fail for op, kudos to try2win!

I don't care how soft it is I won't support ANY company that engages in deceptive marketing like this. They call this Egyptian Comfort for ONLY ONE REASON… to deceive customers into thinking this is high thread count Egyptian COTTON when in fact this is 100% synthetic fabric.

Please educate yourselves about all the thread count hyperbole. There is MUCH more to what makes cotton feel great than that single number. Brushed cotton, sateen, flannel, and many other factors have a dramatic impact on how the end product feels:

http://www.linenplace.com/product_guide/truth_about_thread_count...

There is actually NO SUCH THING as true 1600 thread count cotton sheets.

As for this bs company… I've seen their products at my local discount dollar store for less than this and still wouldn't touch it with a 1600 thread count pole.

$39.99? It's so cheap that I can't believe the quality. How about it?

Don't buy! I got similar at 1SaleADay and they are junk. As mentioned, the words used are Egyption Comfort not Cotton. You can see through them and they don't have enough depth to properly go around a thick mattress.

Features:
1600 thread count comfort feel
Microfiber for added plushness

Code words for cheap polyester disguised to look like cotton. The kind of junk I'd find at dollar stores and Wally World. Microfiber is almost always polyester, and polyester weaves resemble cotton in look (but definitely not in feel). Polyester doesn't have the breathability of 100% cotton, which is why FW user BenJohnson posted above that he found the, "Sheets were a bit warm compared to cotton I'm used to."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014