• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microcenter.

In-store only.

Great overclocking chip.

http://microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_11...

Member Summary

Intel Core i5-3570K
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Agreed this is the best deal on this CPU, but just be aware they also dropped the discount on a motherboard from $50 to $40. So if you need a new MB you're really only saving $10 from their previous deal.

landenpc said:   Agreed this is the best deal on this CPU, but just be aware they also dropped the discount on a motherboard from $50 to $40. So if you need a new MB you're really only saving $10 from their previous deal.

...which is still the best deal around for a cpu+motherboard combo...

Actually, the discount for motherboard doesn't work anymore for me.

Is it over??

500 miles to the nearest MicroCenter... The gas alone kills the deal!

I have this and it is fast. Win7 installed in < 10 mins. boots in < 15 seconds. Everything flys with this, on die graphics are very good.

MustangSVT said:   Actually, the discount for motherboard doesn't work anymore for me.

Is it over??

This is B&M only (instore). So if you are trying online it will not show up.

The AMD combo's are cheaper but if you are a power user and want one of the fastest CPUs then this is a better deal for those users.
I got this deal myself for my desktop and AMD system in my HTPC.

Would have thought they'd drop the 2500k too.. was tough choice before, but if you need motherboard too, looks like 3750K is the way to go. Had been planning to wait for Black Friday... but might jump on this.

what would be a good chip and motherboard for a htpc?

sjack827 said:   what would be a good chip and motherboard for a htpc?

I think it depends on which case you are leaning towards, and then you will have a choice for what form factor motherboards you can install. After that you can look into brands/models.

Marlin1975 said:   MustangSVT said:   Actually, the discount for motherboard doesn't work anymore for me.

Is it over??

This is B&M only (instore). So if you are trying online it will not show up.

The AMD combo's are cheaper but if you are a power user and want one of the fastest CPUs then this is a better deal for those users.
I got this deal myself for my desktop and AMD system in my HTPC.

Absolutely not true. Until last week (for past year or so), it showed $50 discount on motherboards in shopping cart online.

TheKricket said:   landenpc said:   Agreed this is the best deal on this CPU, but just be aware they also dropped the discount on a motherboard from $50 to $40. So if you need a new MB you're really only saving $10 from their previous deal.

...which is still the best deal around for a cpu+motherboard combo...

Or you can get the CPU from them and the Motherboard from this other deal.

What I don't understand is how MicroCenter can undersell these eTailers by almost $50! Even Black Friday may not see prices this low. Microcenter must be taking a loss on these CPUs hoping people will add parts to recoupe.

gusk1200 said:   What I don't understand is how MicroCenter can undersell these eTailers by almost $50! Even Black Friday may not see prices this low. Microcenter must be taking a loss on these CPUs hoping people will add parts to recoupe.

That or the etailers have much better margins than we are led to believe.

This is obv a loss leader to get people to microcenter... that being said Im raging pretty hard that I bought this online cause no microcenters close.

Can anyone suggest a good full setup using this chip (case, mobo, power supply, hd, ram, os) for around 500-600. I am looking for the most bang for my buck and haven't built a computer in years. This processor seems like a really hot deal and I'm very tempted to jump on it. Thanks

k85mike said:   Can anyone suggest a good full setup using this chip (case, mobo, power supply, hd, ram, os) for around 500-600. I am looking for the most bang for my buck and haven't built a computer in years. This processor seems like a really hot deal and I'm very tempted to jump on it. Thanks

Made, er upgraded, my system a couple months ago using the CPU/mobo combo. Already had the case and power supply but here's what I picked up at the time:

Mobo: Asrock z77 extreme4
Ram: Samsung "green" ddr3 2x4gb sticks http://www.microcenter.com/product/380720/8GB_DDR3-1600_PC3-12800_CL11_UDIMM_Dual_Channel_Desktop_Memory_Kit_Two_4GB_Memory_Modules
HD: Crucial m4 128gb

Added a radeon 7870 videocard about a month back when it hit $200, but if you're not a gamer, then the onboard GPU is more than enough.

Never been to microcenter before. Do you have to buy this online and then pick it up to get this promotional price? Or can you just walk into microcenter and pick up the 3570k at 169.99 dollars without ordering online?

ajshin27 said:   k85mike said:   Can anyone suggest a good full setup using this chip (case, mobo, power supply, hd, ram, os) for around 500-600. I am looking for the most bang for my buck and haven't built a computer in years. This processor seems like a really hot deal and I'm very tempted to jump on it. Thanks

Made, er upgraded, my system a couple months ago using the CPU/mobo combo. Already had the case and power supply but here's what I picked up at the time:

Mobo: Asrock z77 extreme4
Ram: Samsung "green" ddr3 2x4gb sticks http://www.microcenter.com/product/380720/8GB_DDR3-1600_PC3-1280...
HD: Crucial m4 128gb

Added a radeon 7870 videocard about a month back when it hit $200, but if you're not a gamer, then the onboard GPU is more than enough.

dam, wish i had a micro center i need to build a cheap rig myself all i know is i want intel

@mrgamers You can just walk in and get it at the price. They also have a combo deal with additional 40 off if you buy with a motherboard.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014