• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Let me just preface this by saying the screen is a TN panel and no where near as good as the Nexus and many other tablets.

Lenovo A2109

I believe this tablet has very similar specs to the Nexus sans the screen but is a 9" tablet instead of 7".
It has a micro-HDMI port and charges via micro-USB.
MicroSD slot under the speaker cover.
Ice Cream Sandwich (and I doubt it will get Jelly Bean) and like most other manufacturers, runs a modified version of Android.

Like the Playbook, I think this might have a very limited audience so buyer beware.

And for people who are allergic to Amazon...I found it on sale for 249.99 at Newegg.

A2109 at Newegg

I suggest going to Best Buy to check it out in person (and then price match it with Amazon).

Member Summary

Lenovo A2109
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When did Best Buy start price matching to Amazon? They won't even price match to bestbuy.com.

I just bought this tablet. IMO, it's a good tablet at this price range, The only 2 unsatisfied points are the screen and battery life.

ep11365 said:   I just bought this tablet. IMO, it's a good tablet at this price range, The only 2 unsatisfied points are the screen and battery life.

And.... what is your experience with regards to battery life? Thanks!

Sorry. I don't get the point of making a 9" tablet when it borders on the dimensions of many 10" tablets. Samsung did it right on the tab 8.9. Unless you want to be dongle free, the tab 8.9 running ics on tegra 2 is pretty smooth with a great PLS screen and is much thinner, with a smaller footprint and lighter. Some pretty nice JB roms for it too. I think I'd rather go with Amazon's 8.9 HD when it comes out compared to this if I have to add some bulk to this screen size.

The dimensions to me are a bigger knock than the cheap screen and supposed meager battery.

josim said:   ep11365 said:   I just bought this tablet. IMO, it's a good tablet at this price range, The only 2 unsatisfied points are the screen and battery life.

And.... what is your experience with regards to battery life? Thanks!

The battery life is about 3 hrs. I also have one Google Nexus7 and the battery life is about 5 hrs. I think it depends on your usage.

dbpaddler said:   Sorry. I don't get the point of making a 9" tablet when it borders on the dimensions of many 10" tablets. Samsung did it right on the tab 8.9. Unless you want to be dongle free, the tab 8.9 running ics on tegra 2 is pretty smooth with a great PLS screen and is much thinner, with a smaller footprint and lighter. Some pretty nice JB roms for it too. I think I'd rather go with Amazon's 8.9 HD when it comes out compared to this if I have to add some bulk to this screen size. The dimensions to me are a bigger knock than the cheap screen and supposed meager battery.

As I know, Samsung has not yet released the ICS update for Tab 8.9.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014