• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like they finally going to cave in?....

from email

Member Summary

buckyballs
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hot deal?

Pretty unbelievable that they would lose that case, guess it's time for someone to sue McDonald's again because they didn't have enough hot coffee warnings on their cups?

Hottest was a while back when they cleared a bunch out for $5 a pack. I picked up a few and have really enjoyed having them on the desk...too bad this played out this way.

still good

cnvrtble98 said:   hot deal?

Not a hot deal. Their prices are at retail and shipping is unbelievably slow. My guess is that the fire sale they held ($5 a pack) a number of weeks back was to garner some cash to cover legal expenses. The email I got clearly states that they finally caved to the Government.

I'll guess it is a rare earth metals shortage/raising prices which is probably pricing them out of business, more than anything else.

thats a shame. things that are not intended for children should be able to be purchased by non-children.

these things are awesome.

^Agreed. Stupid people ruin it for everyone.

hotpa2d said:   ^Agreed. Stupid people ruin it for everyone.
That was sure true in the 2008 presidential election!

Screw those jerks. They wouldn't let me return my $220 order because I ordered using a coupon. I also ordered the $5 deal, ($75 or so) and now I have a millon balls for no good reason. Maybe I'll swallow a few balls and sue them.

Karmas a bitch!

They tried to keep a competitor quiet via the threat of lawyers and lawsuits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Tka4NUmUo
(watch/listen up to the first 1:30)

... and now this.

note: I think the reason these guys are being shutdown is ridiculous but that doesn't mean the Buckyball guys are innocent angels either.

I shall order some, and I will play with them while drinking a soda larger than 16oz...

quickmonkey said:   guess it's time for someone to sue McDonald's again because they didn't have enough hot coffee warnings on their cups?That case is often cited as an example of frivolous lawsuits... I did it, too, until someone convinced me to actually look into it. The jury made the right call. That coffee was far hotter than any reasonable person would expect. She spent over a week in the hospital and required multiple skin grafts. It cooked her legs in a fraction of the time it takes the grill to cook burgers. McDonald's had records showing something similar happening to an average of two people a week going back 10 years and did nothing about it.

These (or a similar knock-off) will inevitably become available from some Chinese site... Yet more American jobs, ingenuity, productivity, and initiative flushed down the toilet of big-brother regulations.

They're expensive, but they're delicious!

shahnm said:   These (or a similar knock-off) will inevitably become available from some Chinese site...

They have been available from China for quite a while, and at 1/2 the price of the "real" Buckyballs. Such as:

$16 for 216: http://www.espow.com/product_info.php?products_id=45599¤cy...

$14 for 216 (min order 5 sets) http://www.dhgate.com/p-ff808081302a3e4301302edbc8e153f4.html

I'll bet the brand name Buckyballs are made in China...

Missed out on the $5 deal they did ... :-\ Too bad ... would have been fun to have a few sets for my cubicle at work - but not for $30 or more for one set .. whether they are discontinued or not.

Do you think the China ones are any different?

yechii said:   Do you think the China ones are any different?

sure they are probably coated with lead paint!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.