• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just had an LG 60" LED die on me after less than 2 months, but I'm glad it did. Took it back to Costco to find this:

https://www.costco.com/VIZIO-60%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Smooth-Moti...

at $979. Just out of the box it looks great, plus Amazon Video app that the LG was lacking.

Hard to beat a 60" LED / Networked / 120Hz / Qwerty remote / etc. at sub-$1000.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

paciorek said:   I just had an LG 60" LED die on me after less than 2 months, but I'm glad it did. Took it back to Costco to find this:

https://www.costco.com/VIZIO-60%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Smooth-Moti...

at $979. Just out of the box it looks great, plus Amazon Video app that the LG was lacking.

Hard to beat a 60" LED / Networked / 120Hz / Qwerty remote / etc. at sub-$1000.


Got one three weeks ago. Love it! The apps work well, Amazon, Netflix etc. Excellent picture, even brightness across the screen, the blacks are really black, contrast is good, but natural. Highly recommended and Costco warranty is 24 months included.

$773 for 55" version of this at Target clearance.

mbrenner said:   
Got one three weeks ago. Love it! The apps work well, Amazon, Netflix etc. Excellent picture, even brightness across the screen, the blacks are really black, contrast is good, but natural. Highly recommended and Costco warranty is 24 months included.


Blacks are what I noticed as soon as I got it home, much blacker blacks than the LG. And the Costco pluses make it very attractive. The return of the LG 60" TV took less than 3 minutes. Yay for Costco.

Is the screen matte, or is it glossy on this model?

rdh said:   Is the screen matte, or is it glossy on this model?

Matte

I have noticed looking at some of the TVs that the rear plugs face outward resulting in your cables taking an immediate 90 degree bend. This TV has down and side facing jacks, not facing teh back. That is a plus in my book if trying to mount it as close to the wall as possible.

ranger203 said:   I have noticed looking at some of the TVs that the rear plugs face outward resulting in your cables taking an immediate 90 degree bend. This TV has down and side facing jacks, not facing teh back. That is a plus in my book if trying to mount it as close to the wall as possible.

There are 90 degree adapters available to take care of this. They pop up on Meritline's daily deals for 99 cents at times, so I picked up a couple to have on hand. It helps even on my 22" computer monitor to let the cable drop straight down instead of having to arc. The downward facing jacks can be a major pain if they are recessed and not visible. Either way, it would not be a make or break for a good deal.

Sams will have this for $698 this sunday to plus members. but states only 10 per store.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014