• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-SII-w-30-AirTi...

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII w/$30 AirTime Card $299 WalMart

In this T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII w/$30 AirTime Card:
Samsung Galaxy S II Pre-Paid Smartphone
(Email Delivery) New T-Mobile Monthly4G $30 Unlimited Web & Text with 100 min of talk

Member Summary

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Looks like you need to buy a phone "on contract" - make a new 2 year commitment or add a line to an existing contract.

Li... (more)

snipeman (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 5:17p) |

This says T-Mobile is rolling out LTE in 2013
T-Mobile USA Selects Infrastructure Vendors to Support $4 Billion 4G Networ... (more)

DougM (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 7:03p) |

I got over 8mbit/sec the other day on my Nexus, and almost 10 on my AT&T branded tablet on my 'slow' HSPA+ network. Unli... (more)

beachfitrob (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 12:22a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

and in two weeks, Nexus 4 will be available for $300, which is much faster and will also work for AT&T. On the plus side, the Samsung does have a microSD slot, which allows for expanded storage, and a removable battery, which the Nexus 4 does not (although it has a bigger battery built-in). I'm not sure if the SII already has Android 4 (or 4.1) yet.

Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.

What's the high speed data cutoff for the unlimited plan? I cant seem to find it in writing anywhere.

dennisfuller said:   Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.

Crappy for your areas of travel and your usage scenario, maybe. But where else can you find a $30/month unlimited everything plan? I'd like you to share just how much you are paying for your oh so much better AT&T plan.

GWBush said:   dennisfuller said:   Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.

Crappy for your areas of travel and your usage scenario, maybe. But where else can you find a $30/month unlimited everything plan? I'd like you to share just how much you are paying for your oh so much better AT&T plan.

i think we're all way more interested in your showing everyone T-Mobile's $30 unlimited EVERYTHING plan

dennisfuller said:   Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.
i love T-Mobile haters. have fun on at&t with your overpriced plans and slow data speeds

GWBush said:   dennisfuller said:   Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.

You're funny. How do you figure 100 minutes of talk time as unlimited?

zklopman said:   and in two weeks, Nexus 4 will be available for $300, which is much faster and will also work for AT&T. On the plus side, the Samsung does have a microSD slot, which allows for expanded storage, and a removable battery, which the Nexus 4 does not (although it has a bigger battery built-in). I'm not sure if the SII already has Android 4 (or 4.1) yet.

I just got this phone last month (it was $30 more at the time), it's running Android 4.0.4. It is not clear if it will be getting Jellybean, from what I've read.

This page http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588 addresses ways to get this phone unlocked. Just for grins I tried a Straight Talk sim and it did not work at all "as is".

Keep current number?

You can port in number, yes.

BTW this phone does have the wi-fi calling built into it, you can select to have turned on or off. Using wifi calling does count against the 100 minutes. I have read that you can chat tmobile support and ask for that to be changed, so that it would not count as part of the 100 minutes, but not sure if it's true, have not tried.

Advantage to Galaxy S2 for having open tethering using foxfi app. With updates to 4.1 and higher, as well as my galaxy s3, the free tethering option is disabled.

I used to be able to using my ipad anywhere using my hotspot from my galaxy s2. I am still considering changing back to the S2 just for that feature. The S3 has some features that are better. Tmobile offers tethering plan for $10 a month but you get it for free with an S2.

Does anyone know if the WalMart version is the LTE one? Samsung's model # is SGH-I727R. The Wal-Mart website doesn't seem to give a model # of the phone.

I'm undecided between the Nexus 4 and the SGII deal on this thread, but LTE, SD slot, wireless calling and battery removal might be enough to sway me to the "older" phone.

Not to mention a better screen.

dvsdimsum said:   GWBush said:   dennisfuller said:   Great phone for a crappy carrier. I've already looked into using this with an AT&T sim and it doesn't appear that it's possible to get data working. Waiting for the Nexus 4.

i think we're all way more interested in your showing everyone T-Mobile's $30 unlimited EVERYTHING plan

LOL, I guess since I don't talk more than 100 minutes, it's unlimited for my use case.

snipeman said:   Does anyone know if the WalMart version is the LTE one? Samsung's model # is SGH-I727R. The Wal-Mart website doesn't seem to give a model # of the phone.

I'm undecided between the Nexus 4 and the SGII deal on this thread, but LTE, SD slot, wireless calling and battery removal might be enough to sway me to the "older" phone.

Tmobile doesn't do LTE, so this phone is is HSPA+ only. The model is Samsung T989.

yyyfak1 said:   Keep current number?

You can port in numbers, but the process was quite sloppy to be honest. The porting process started but the website just kicked me out and I didn't know what happened. I made probably 10 calls to support to figure out WTF happened and only on the 10th call could someone tell WTF was going on. I had to make 10 calls because the call goes to the Philippines via VoIP and half the packets are lost so a lot of times the call got disconnected or you and the other end have to repeat everything about 5 or 10 times before your sentence goes through.

It took 3 business days I think from start to finish for the number porting.

+1 for Google Nexus phones, I hate how carriers disable stuff. I'm going TMobile MVNO and Nexus, $49 unlimited everything, no app or tethering restrictions (it's just 'not supported'), 4 gig soft cap stepped down to 2G after.

As another poster said, for $299 the LG Nexus 4 deserves a look.

You realize... nexus lacks 4g capability right?

I'm in the market for no contract phone.. tmobile is my choice right now.. just wondering if I need to go for s2 or s3 ... I know quads are coming soon.. but not sure when...
right now on incredible and pp network - works well per say
But phone has gotten slow..

beachfitrob said:   +1 for Google Nexus phones, I hate how carriers disable stuff. I'm going TMobile MVNO and Nexus, $49 unlimited everything, no app or tethering restrictions (it's just 'not supported'), 4 gig soft cap stepped down to 2G after.

Hi, I am already on a plan with t-mo. Can I purchase this at WalMart, they offer a 100 WalMart card with the purchase, but it is pre-paid phone with 30 dollars in airtime. Can I just put my sim card in and use? I don't want another contract.

Where is the offer for a $100 WalMart gift card? Can you provide a link?

Don't know if it is at all walmarts, but I saw it in Vallejo.. Big display. All purchase of smart phones you get a $100 WalMart gift card.

Looks like you need to buy a phone "on contract" - make a new 2 year commitment or add a line to an existing contract.

Link

pedror said:   Tmobile doesn't do LTE

This says T-Mobile is rolling out LTE in 2013
T-Mobile USA Selects Infrastructure Vendors to Support $4 Billion 4G Network Evolution Plan
http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/4GNetworkEvolutionVendorsS...

Also the T-Mobile Note II apparently has LTE

T-Mobiles Galaxy Note 2 Has Hidden LTE Support, Could Be Utilized After Future Update
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/25/t-mobiles-galaxy-note-2-has...

I got over 8mbit/sec the other day on my Nexus, and almost 10 on my AT&T branded tablet on my 'slow' HSPA+ network. Unlimited everything prepaid '4G' for $49. Plus I hear LTE really sucks the battery down.

I can live with 8-10 meg/sec for the price.

ionxchanger said:   You realize... nexus lacks 4g capability right?

I'm in the market for no contract phone.. tmobile is my choice right now.. just wondering if I need to go for s2 or s3 ... I know quads are coming soon.. but not sure when...
right now on incredible and pp network - works well per say
But phone has gotten slow..

beachfitrob said:   +1 for Google Nexus phones, I hate how carriers disable stuff. I'm going TMobile MVNO and Nexus, $49 unlimited everything, no app or tethering restrictions (it's just 'not supported'), 4 gig soft cap stepped down to 2G after.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014