• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowes zip 41240

Hitachi 18-Volt 1/2-in Cordless Lithium-ion Compact Pro Drill/Driver 44% OFF now $99 was $179
Hitachi Pro Drill

Hitachi 50-Piece Screwdriving Bit Set with Bonus Spade Bits 66% OFF now $9.97 was $29.97
Bit Set

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Hitachi 18-Volt 1/2-in Cordless Lithium-ion Compact Pro Drill/Driver
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i bought that bit set when it was $14.99. Nice set, well worth $15 let alone $10

I'm on the fence with this due to poor reviews of the batteries. Lowe's also has the 3 tool combo kit regular $279 for $199 which is the same as Amazon but with free shipping and no tax my preference would be Amazon but then I read a review that Amazon had this as Daily Deal for $160 a few weeks back so on top of debating whether to get this deal or the combo now I have the knowledge that others got it $40 cheaper! DANG IT!. The batteries go for about $65 and with the combo you get 2 batteries, quick charger, impact drill, drill driver and a case so seems worth the upgrade imho.

Anybody know of any Black Friday deals coming up on drills?

Tesaco said:   I'm on the fence with this due to poor reviews of the batteries. Lowe's also has the 3 tool combo kit regular $279 for $199 which is the same as Amazon but with free shipping and no tax my preference would be Amazon but then I read a review that Amazon had this as Daily Deal for $160 a few weeks back so on top of debating whether to get this deal or the combo now I have the knowledge that others got it $40 cheaper! DANG IT!. The batteries go for about $65 and with the combo you get 2 batteries, quick charger, impact drill, drill driver and a case so seems worth the upgrade imho.

Anybody know of any Black Friday deals coming up on drills?

One thing with these batteries is that they charge really fast..like in 30 minutes. I have this drill and the impact drill set and very happy with the performance of both. I'd go with the $159 set if you can fine one.

Good timing subby: I just bought a refurb of this on Amazon yesterday for $103 delivered - was able to cancel and get new-in-box instead. Very nice unit: good weight balance, smaller sized body for a unit this powerful, LED light on the drill is a nice addition - I just wonder why the flashlight is conventional filament bulb. The individual light is bright, but silly today to not be an LED array. FWIW - both my batteries were charged well in the box, ask me again in a few weeks (although all the bitching of dead batteries never suggests that Hitachi has refused to replace in warranty period).

Great drill but.... I have a similar model that uses the same batteries. After mild use over 18 months one battery is dead and will no longer take a charge.

Zuke76 said:   Great drill but.... I have a similar model that uses the same batteries. After mild use over 18 months one battery is dead and will no longer take a charge.
Same here. But i had two batteries that stop taking charge after light usage over 2 years. I swear i will never buy anything Hitachi. I still have Dewalt drill that's over 7 years old and still kicking like mule.

azboy2die4 said:   Zuke76 said:   Great drill but.... I have a similar model that uses the same batteries. After mild use over 18 months one battery is dead and will no longer take a charge.
Same here. But i had two batteries that stop taking charge after light usage over 2 years. I swear i will never buy anything Hitachi. I still have Dewalt drill that's over 7 years old and still kicking like mule.

Lucky I got my set at Costco so back they go. I will probably go with a Dewalt Set and wait for BF deals.

Here is a Dewalt (non lithium) set on Amazon for the same price.
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC970K-2-18-Volt-Drill-Driver/dp/B0...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014