• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link
Clapping to turn your lights off is a thing of the past. This makes being lazy fun!
These bulbs connect to your home network using the wireless bridge, so you can do things like program timers to turn your bulbs on and off. Each bridge can control up to 50 separate light bulbs.
You can also control both the brightness and color of your light bulbs with your iOS device using a free app. Up to 16 million different color combinations are possible for each bulb, which has a maximum brightness of 600 lumens (~50 watt incandescent bulb).
Lasts about 25 years and uses about 80% less power than traditional light bulbs, so over time and after energy savings, these bulbs are essentially free! Additional light bulbs sold individually at only $59.
Video Demo

Apple Store
Need a Apple Store coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

smart bulbs
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great idea....great device. Only reason I'd hold back is because light output is only equivalent to 50W regular bulb. Our house would be DARK if we switched to these!

On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?

respdoc said:   On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?

Where do you see "fancy light bulbs"?

I see a kit with wireless enabled multi-color lights and a wireless bridge. We must be looking at different posts.

This is a very interesting product, and one that sounds like it beat Google to the punch. Android@Home never appeared, so as soon as there is an Android app, I'm in for this kit!

scoobydooby said:   respdoc said:   On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?

Where do you not ? This item products visible spectrum light when electricity is applied to it, just as is same premise for any household light bulb. Just because you think this product additional features are "cool"...doesn't make it a hot deal.

respdoc said:   On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?
Sorry, this post was actually supposed to be delivered to the planet where people with a few extra dollars in their wallet who are looking for an innovative product. It's not currently on sale, but it just came out 3 days ago and there is nothing comparable on the market to gauge a price point, so if you think it's not hot, that's fine. I expected red on my post from poor or unimaginative people, but thought some FWers would be able to enjoy it.

mistadeal said:    I expected red on my post from poor or unimaginative people, but thought some FWers would be able to enjoy it.

What you fail to see simpleton, is that the people that actually have the means to blow $200 on 3 light bulbs...wouldn't.

respdoc said:   scoobydooby said:   respdoc said:   On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?

Where do you not ? This item products visible spectrum light when electricity is applied to it, just as is same premise for any household light bulb. Just because you think this product additional features are "cool"...doesn't make it a hot deal.

You are right.

Since you always seem to have an answer to everything, please correct us all by posting a link to a cheaper iOS wireless enabled multi-color light bulb set. I'd love to see what you have to show us!

respdoc said:   scoobydooby said:   respdoc said:   On what planet is 3 fancy light bulbs for $200 bucks a hot deal ?

Maybe a colorblind dog would think that way. With the same argument you can say that an Audi S8 should be the same price as a Nissan Versa because they both produce kinetic energy when gasoline is applied to them, just as is same premise for any automobile.

respdoc said:   mistadeal said:    I expected red on my post from poor or unimaginative people, but thought some FWers would be able to enjoy it.

What you fail to see simpleton, is that the people that actually have the means to blow $200 on 3 light bulbs...wouldn't.

Then it's obvious this product will fail horribly. I should return mine now because I wasted my money.

scoobydooby said:   

Since you always seem to have an answer to everything, please correct us all by posting a link to a cheaper iOS wireless enabled multi-color light bulb set. I'd love to see what you have to show us!

I am sorry to see you still have multiple personalities...but I will gladly correct "you." This isn't CNET or NeatMsrpWallet.com...it's the hot deal section. When you find a "hot deal" on these...feel free to share.

ellisgolf said:   Great idea....great device. Only reason I'd hold back is because light output is only equivalent to 50W regular bulb. Our house would be DARK if we switched to these!I can get a 4 pack of incandescent bulbs for a buck. Any wattage from 40 to 100. You turn them on an off with a switch, so they don't even need a phone. How cool!

mistadeal said:   
Then it's obvious this product will fail horribly. I should return mine now because I wasted my money.

Key words there were "actually have the means" not stretching their budget.

No HDMI port. I will pass

No HDMI port. I will pass

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014