• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm Pistol Laser w/contrast sights

The SIG SAUER® SP2022 with Laser is the latest version of our popular polymer framed pistol and features a durable, lightweight and wear-resistant polymer frame with the added tactical versatility of an integrated accessory rail. The slide is machined from a solid block of stainless steel and protected by SIG’s black Nitron® finish. The SP2022 can easily be converted from a Double-Action/Single-Action to a Double-Action Only configuration through a unique integral fire control unit. It also features the SIG SAUER four-point safety system. The SIG SAUER polymer framed pistols has earned an enviable reputation and proven track record of reliable performance in the hands of law enforcement professionals. In December of 2004 the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command at the Rock Island Arsenal awarded SIG SAUER a contract for 5,000 SIG SAUER SP2022 pistols chambered in 9mm.

Here ya go...

Member Summary

Sig Sauer SP2022 (8.58kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sig

no night sights?

I bought one of these about a year or so ago and I love it. This is my favorite handgun. The laser is kind of fun too. I have not fired too many rounds through it, but it is really comfortable to shoot. The double action pull is long, but the single action is the best I have shot. In response to the previous post, I have not used a laser with night sights. Does it work well?
I paid a little less for mine, but I saw two this week that were substantially more than this.

I am a certifiable gun nut now... thanks to Fatwallet and Slickguns:

Custom Saiga 12
Custom MKA 1919
Sig M400
Sig 556 Swat
Sig 716 Patrol
Sig 1911 Tac Ops
Sig 1911 Custom
Sig 2022
MPA 57sst
FN Scar
FN FS2000
FN PS90
Kriss Vector
Barret MRAD
Steyr Aug
Walther PPQ
Glock 21
HK SL8

I'M PRAYING FOR A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE...

prokoph said:   I am a certifiable gun nut now... thanks to Fatwallet and Slickguns:

FN Scar
FN FS2000
FN PS90

I'M PRAYING FOR A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE...

Yikes, lots more options for that price range. Atleast the FS2000 can double as a club when you run out of ammo.

sounds like a hot deal to me!

Nice! I have ben looking for my first gun and now I believe I have found it.

The laser looks to be a Sig "classic pistol laser". These were on sale a few weeks back for ~$35 a pop.

There are soft on and off single mode buttons on both sides, not momentary just on/off. The mount is solid. I can't speak for the 1,000 round durability but the only thing I don't like about it is it takes a tall button cell watch-type battery that is not a model I already have on-hand for my other watches, lights, flashlights, car fobs, or gun accessories. Yet another special battery to have. Would be nicer if it used a more common cell.

In this arrangement I think it would be very easy to turn the laser on by accident in many holsters.

Regardless, seems like a nice deal and for this configuration I'd prefer 9mm over .40.

zapy said:   Nice! I have ben looking for my first gun and now I believe I have found it.

Really if you're going to pickup a new gun- go to a gun store and hold it in your hand, or better yet rent some range time with a few different pistols. Personally, I love the SP2022 and almost went with it instead of an XD9 (by Springfield Armory). The other day the wife asked why we haven't gotten another 9mm, and I think this might be it for me too!

As odd as this may sound I sometines like to buy things and learn to live with them assuming there aren't a ton of bad postings, complaints, etc. that i can find. IF I were to find that one that fit perfectly then there would be no need to shoot often, learn, and overcome the idiosyncroses making each and every next obstacle less of an obstacle. I guess I like a litle bit of a challange so to speak.
So unless someone can say this gun sux, jams, has problems, is very bad, etc. I'm in.

I do understnad though what you mean and point taken.

Ultimatley I would like to be able to pick up ANY gun and feel comfortable after a short few minutes with it. Ya never know when the zombie apocolypse may come and that very skill becomes necessary.

Same gun at Turners is $419.98 plus tax this week...

Excellent deal, though I'd prefer if they included an extra magazine instead of the laser.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014