• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AMEX Sync is now on XBox, taking the number of platforms to 5. The previous 4 being Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, AMEX's own website.
http://AmexBox.com/

$10 Statement credit for signing up:
"Cardmembers who sync their eligible Card with Xbox LIVE can load an American Express statement credit for $10 in the US or £10 in the UK"

Deals:
- $10 for enrolling (must redeem through the Xbox app to receive credit)
- $25 credit back for $50 spent at Pac Sun
- $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Halo 4 Achievement Rewards:

- $50 credit back for $100 spent at Best Buy after unlocking achievement “Operation Completion”
- Complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty

- $25 credit for unlocking achievement “Wake Up John”
- Complete the campaign on normal or harder

- Unlock a trip to attend E3 2012 after unlocking achievement “Lone Wolf Legend”
- Be one of the first 25 people in the US or one of the first 5 people in the UK to complete the campaign solo on Legendary Difficulty

Member Summary

AMEX Sync for Xbox 360
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Unfortunately my American Express is a bank card American Express which means i cannot send a secure message through the... (more)

hopesxc (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 9:35a) |

Unfortunately my American Express is a bank card American Express which means i cannot send a secure message through the... (more)

AMEX Sync is now on XBox,

In case you are not able to find "AMEX digital experience tile", you have Family settings ON. Follow these steps to see the AMEX tile on your console.

1. Go to xboxlive.com and log in
2. Go to "My Account" -> "My Profile" -> "Privacy And Online Settings" -> "Content Controls" -> "Programming"
3. Select "Standard" (in my case it was set to "Family" and hence I was not able to see the tile).
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cool, thanks! Just finished synching on my xbox.

EDIT:
In addition to the $10 promo, there's one on there for "Spend $100 at best buy, get $50 credit" BUT, you have to unlock a Halo4 achievement first. There's another one for a straight up $25 statement credit just for completing an achievement (again Halo4). This is pretty neat.

So after synching on xbox, I will get $10 credit?

woomanhei said:   So after synching on xbox, I will get $10 credit?sort of. after you sync, you'll see a tile (on xbox) that allows you to add the $10 statement credit. It should be fairly obvious.

Any workaround to get the $10 w/o an xbox?

Uh, why can't open the like? "Server error"???

Can I do this for multiple AMEX cards? Cobranded cards?

mrhalliday said:   Any workaround to get the $10 w/o an xbox?

This.

Does this work with the AMEX Bluebird cards?

mrhalliday said:   Any workaround to get the $10 w/o an xbox?
Doubt it. You have to do half of the syncing process via the xbox. You probably could do it if you have a friend with an xbox - just create a new xbox live account (free), log in with it on the xbox, sync, claim the $10. Seems like a lot of trouble for $10 though.

pirysie said:   Uh, why can't open the like? "Server error"???
The 2nd/3rd links aren't working for me either, but the only one that matters is the first one (Amexbox.com) and that link should be working.

camper2283 said:   Does this work with the AMEX Bluebird cards?

No.

Thanks, OP!

So can I ever un-sync AMEX from my Xbox, Twitter, Facebook, myspace, or whatever accounts?

slappycakes said:   So can I ever un-sync AMEX from my Xbox, Twitter, Facebook, myspace, or whatever accounts? Yes (https://sync.americanexpress.com/UnSync/Index)

On a side note, to be precise, you're not syncing AMEX to your xbox/twitter/facebook/whatever. You're syncing your xbox/twitter/facebook/whatever account to AMEX. Subtle, but important difference. I don't want xbox/facebook/etc to have my credit card information but I don't really care a whole lot if AMEX knows about my xbox/facebook accounts (as long as they're not too intrusive).

EDIT: looks like fatwallet redirect doesn't like AMEX sync promo links. Just copy/paste that address in your browser.

Awesome, got $40. Are the achievements hard for Halo 4? I don't have Halo, but for the $50 off $100 it would be worth borrowing and playing it.

johnfw said:   Awesome, got $40. Are the achievements hard for Halo 4? I don't have Halo, but for the $50 off $100 it would be worth borrowing and playing it.
Did you sync and unsync with four different cards on the same xbox?

johnfw said:   Awesome, got $40. Are the achievements hard for Halo 4? I don't have Halo, but for the $50 off $100 it would be worth borrowing and playing it. If you have any FPS experience, the $50for$100BB one should be very easy. I've read elsewhere that the Spartan Ops missions take about 15min to complete. The $25 one for completing the campaign will obviously take a little longer, but again doesn't sound too bad.

TommyboyCAN said:   johnfw said:   Awesome, got $40. Are the achievements hard for Halo 4? I don't have Halo, but for the $50 off $100 it would be worth borrowing and playing it.
Did you sync and unsync with four different cards on the same xbox?

I didn't unsync any of the 4 different cards. I have 4 different xbox IDs (1 is gold) and sync 1 card to each of them.

johnfw said:   If you have any FPS experience, the $50for$100BB one should be very easy.

who doesn't have fps experience these days. 7/10 games released are fps/tps. kinda hard to avoid bumping into them.

Anyone else have trouble synching on the xbox using the number they sent in an email? I keep getting a "That number cannot be found" error.

Edit:
Thought the O was a 0
:-o

Eventually loaded the $10 credit in XBOX.
What shall I do next?
Just wait to see $10 deposit into my AMEX account?

Well just went out and did a last minute halo 4 preorder because of this. Make money playing video games, who knew?

Any indication of a deadline for the "Wake Up John" and "Operation Completion" promos?

dukerau said:   Any indication of a deadline for the "Wake Up John" and "Operation Completion" promos?Copy/paste if auto link doesnt work: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/OfferTerms

Newegg canceled my pre-order but now I have a reason to buy again!! thanks

sweet, got my sync'd on
now time to beat halo4

Worked perfect for me. Looks like I'll be making money playing Halo4.
Purchase halo4 from Costco for $54.
Signed up the sync as directed above and got confirmation email with code.
Started up the xbox with halo4 in it, then gone onto the American Express screen on the dashboard, keyed in code and in about 2 minutes, got the confirmation that I'm syched with the xbox.
Already finished the first mission "Wake Up John" so $25 credit on its way.
Next mission most likely tonight or tomorrow for the $50 Best Buy credit.
That's $75 for a $60 game ($54 plus tax).
Big thanks OP.

dukerau said:   Any indication of a deadline for the "Wake Up John" and "Operation Completion" promos?

You have to complete the missions by 12/31/2012 as stated on the site.

airtime said:   ..Already finished the first mission "Wake Up John"....

To receive the $25 statement credit you must finish the campaign on normal or higher to receive the "Wake Up John" acheivement

hail2dking said:   airtime said:   ..Already finished the first mission "Wake Up John"....

To receive the $25 statement credit you must finish the campaign on normal or higher to receive the "Wake Up John" acheivement

Yes, good point to mention. Good thing that what I usually start off the game with at Normal play level.

Side note. First 25 players in the USA to finish on Legendary wins a free trip to the next E3 (or first 5 in the UK.) Too bad I didn't buy it at midnight to try.

Such a good program for gamers. I don't know about you guys, but I signed up for a free month trial at GameFly. Now, I have Halo 4 on the way so I can get the achievements necessary for some more offers! Then, I can cancel the trial after this month is offer. Definitely a win, win

I don't know about anyone else, but I checked my American Express account and already have a $20 credit. I have completed the other achievements, but I suppose there should still be a $25 on the way for completing the game on normal. I'm just not sure why I have the extra $10. Anyone else with a similar experience?

I got emails today from AMEX verifying I completed the Halo achievements. No credit on the account yet, for the $10 sync or for the $25. FYI if you're doing the Best Buy 50 off 100, the email I got about that achievement makes it clear that you're supposed to wait until you get completion confirmation from AMEX before spending the $100.

TimTheSloth said:   I got emails today from AMEX verifying I completed the Halo achievements. No credit on the account yet, for the $10 sync or for the $25. FYI if you're doing the Best Buy 50 off 100, the email I got about that achievement makes it clear that you're supposed to wait until you get completion confirmation from AMEX before spending the $100.

I got that one as well. Im still surprised that they gave me $20 rather than just the $10. I believe that took about a week to receive that.

Has anyone found a way to get the "Wake up John" achievement onto multiple gamer tags without playing through all the way?

Green for you OP! Linked the account, and just finished the game on Legendary.

*edit*

What's the posting time on the $10 statement credit for syncing? It's been well over a week for me. Hoping it's not an issue that I previously had the card synced via Twitter.

Yuyak said:   woomanhei said:   So after synching on xbox, I will get $10 credit?sort of. after you sync, you'll see a tile (on xbox) that allows you to add the $10 statement credit. It should be fairly obvious.
Glad it worked for you guys, but I synced two cards to two different Xbox live accounts and the AMEX tile is nowhere to be seen on my Xbox.

Edit:

I finally figured out why it was not showing up. If any children are signed in, sign them out! You are looking for an ad tile, not a game tile as the instructions lead you to believe. I don't think any ads display when children are signed in. Either that or they are just kiddie ads.

For this same reason, you will not be able to use your kid's gamertags for this deal if Microsoft knows they are children.

We have 11 AMEX cards in our family so I guess I have to decide whether or not I want to create a bunch of Xbox live accounts

Skipping 63 Messages...
Unfortunately my American Express is a bank card American Express which means i cannot send a secure message through their system because it says i dont have an account with them. My card is synched and I did get the $10.00 credit so I know it works but when I call them they cannot access my information and they always send me to technical support which they do nothing so I am at loss.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014