• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey all - I kicked myself for missing the big deals on the HP DeskJet 8600 Plus last week - I've been needing a new printer. I received coupons from Staples the other day and hadn't looked closely until tonight - I saw a $120 off an HP DeskJet 8600 Premium. Office Depot recently (temporarily?) dropped the price of the Premium from 399 to 299 - I went in and gave them the Staples coupon - manager accepted it without any problems (as with all managers, YMMV I suppose). I have an old Lexmark printer I'm going to use for the HP Trade-In, so that's $75 more off the top.

So, without the tax, we have:
Original: 399.99
OD Price Drop: -100.00
Staples Coupon: -120
HP Trade In (of non-HP printer): -75
Grand Total: 104.99+tax ... not too shabby for a printer that started at 399.99+tax.

I've attached the Staples coupon below.
Also, though it's easy to find, here is the HP TradeIn link: http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/home_flash.html

PS First deal post! Be gentle!

Office Depot
Need a Office Depot coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

HP DeskJet 8600 Premium (3.79kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

careful.. the HP trade in rebate ended at the end of October
"Save up to $150 when you trade-in your old desktop laser or ink printer and purchase or lease a new eligible HP printer. You even earn up to an extra $250 for an eligible care pack, and up to $75 for a non-HP printer trade.

Offer valid between August 1, 2012 and October 31, 2012"

Gak! You're right! What a rookie mistake. In my defense, although (now that I look more closely) it is in the T&C, it did not prompt me for a date of purchase or anything along those lines while I was filling out the online claim. Rather frustrating. I've contacted them to ask about it.

Regardless, 179.99 instead of 399.99 is still pretty good

timmyc said:   Gak! You're right! What a rookie mistake. In my defense, although (now that I look more closely) it is in the T&C, it did not prompt me for a date of purchase or anything along those lines while I was filling out the online claim. Rather frustrating. I've contacted them to ask about it.

Regardless, 179.99 instead of 399.99 is still pretty good

IMO below is a better deal and no dealing with OD hassles:

Costco has this HP 8600 Premium AIO is $174.99 right now and theirs also includes a full set of replacement carts in addition to the starter ones HP inclues. That is worth another $50.

A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

Also, I was very pleased to find that the printer I purchased also included an extra full set of color cartridges (not black though).

timmyc said:   A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

Also, I was very pleased to find that the printer I purchased also included an extra full set of color cartridges (not black though).

HUH? The Costco one is the EXACT same model and includes a bonus Full set of replacement carts. for less than this deal.

From the box: Includes CR314FN + CN045AN bonus cartridges.

In addition, unlike the one at Office Depot, the same one purchased at Coscto can be returned anytime for a full refund.

Link? Not to be contrarian, but it appears Costco has the 8600 Premium (which I was talking about) for 399.99 ( linky)
and the 8600 Plus at the lower price. (Linky)

I do agree though, the Costco return policy can't be beat!

Thanks, have a great weekend!

cnIsfg said:   timmyc said:   A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

HUH? The Costco one is the EXACT same model and includes a bonus Full set of replacement carts. for less than this deal.

In addition, unlike the one at Office Depot, the same one purchased at Coscto can be returned anytime for a full refund.
You are fooling yourself if you think you are guaranteed to be able to return this printer back to Costco "anytime" for a full refund. Regardless of thier awesome return policy, they may not take it back after 90 days. First hand experience on this one.

c3688t said:   cnIsfg said:   timmyc said:   A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

You are fooling yourself if you think you are guaranteed to be able to return this printer back to Costco "anytime" for a full refund. Regardless of thier awesome return policy, they may not take it back after 90 days. First hand experience on this one.

BS! Unless you have a history of return abuse you can return it anytime. If you are not a return abuser and your local Costco gives your problems returning this printer after 90 days call Corsto Customer relations and watch how fast they accept your return.

timmyc said:   Link? Not to be contrarian, but it appears Costco has the 8600 Premium (which I was talking about) for 399.99 ( linky)
and the 8600 Plus at the lower price. (Linky)

I do agree though, the Costco return policy can't be beat!

Thanks, have a great weekend!

I am WELL aware of the difference between the 8600 models. The SKU is 616232 as you linked if you want to call or visit your local Costco and verify. The deal is not avaiable online. The deal is as follows taken directly from their vendor system:

Through 11/30 save $225 instantly on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium Bundle Edition at Costco.

An awful printer. I've been through 3 under warranty.

cnIsfg said:   c3688t said:   cnIsfg said:   timmyc said:   A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

BS! Unless you have a history of return abuse you can return it anytime. If you are not a return abuser and your local Costco gives your problems returning this printer after 90 days call Corsto Customer relations and watch how fast they accept your return.
Nice try to blame me, LOL. Sorry, I was there and you are mistaken. My first and only attempt to return something to Costco and it was a joke. Even spoke with a coorporate director / jr VP on the phone regarding a return they did not want to accept. I will tell you, they have the "Whim Policy" on returns now. I lost out. I've talked with others who a I work with that have similar stories. You might have a great store manager and all the luck. I don't.

c3688t said:   cnIsfg said:   c3688t said:   cnIsfg said:   timmyc said:   A good point as well. That, though, is a different model.

Nice try to blame me, LOL. Sorry, I was there and you are mistaken. My first and only attempt to return something to Costco and it was a joke. Even spoke with a coorporate director / jr VP on the phone regarding a return they did not want to accept. I will tell you, they have the "Whim Policy" on returns now. I lost out. I've talked with others who a I work with that have similar stories. You might have a great store manager and all the luck. I don't.

We deal with hundreds of Costcos in our salvage business not just one Costco store manager and I can assure you are 100% wrong. BTW Costco executive branch employees including VP's are forbidden from taking consumer phone calls so I am not sure who you really talked to concerning your return? Anyway if you call coporate consumer relations you can still return the printer today. As Costco coproate policy unless you have been flagged as a return abuser you can return printers purchased from Costco at anytime. We have warehouses full of HP printers customers returned to Costco many months (some years) past your fictional 90 day return limit to prove it.

Yes, they do look you up on your return history. But I have to say, I was impressed they took back a power washer I bought 2 years ago! It was defective and I would hat to ship this for warranty return.

edit: Costo is a biz like any other biz. If they think they're loosing money with you they will say no to returns!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014