• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

Built-in image stabilization.

NOTE ON PACKAGING:
This camera body was originally packaged by OLYMPUS AMERICA in a plain white box. This package does not include a printed retail box. It includes ALL original accessories (Olympus America Warranty Card, battery, cables, manual, etc.).
This camera body is 100% BRAND NEW and has NEVER been used.

ITEM INCLUDES

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera Body (Black) with:

BLS-1 Li-ion Battery
BCS-1 Battery Charger
USB/Video Multi-cable
Shoulder Strap
CD-ROM Software
Instruction Manual

Member Summary

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera Body
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

seems really cheap for an interchangeable lens camera.

Can someone suggest an inexpensive starter lens to go with this? I don't know much about these, but my wife would love this.

You need to decide what you are photographing.
The standard kit lens is a 14-42mm lens (28-84mm 35mm equivilent due to the 2x crop factor)

If you are looking to photograph a young child indoors or a lot of low light situations, you may want a fast prime (low f/). If you are photographing outdoor kids sports then you may want a lot of zoom. (And night/indoor sports you need zoom and fast (expensive). Zoom lenses are bigger so you need to take that into consideration.

Or you might be taking photos in close situations, and want a wider angle lens.

I would head over to dpreview.com and start reading the Micro 4/3 forum and read what others are using. I believe Olympus and Panasonic both use the same mount so you can get lenses from either)

If you are really unsure, it looks like you can get the E-PL1 with the kit lens in the $280 range.

thanks for the info!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014