Nexus 7 8GB Staples for $160

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples marked down the 8GB version to $160. The price tag still shows the old price, but they ring up for $159.99.

As far as I know, the internals have not changed after the announcement this week, just the storage has been bumped. But I could be wrong. So, if someone does not care about the storage capacity, this could be a good deal.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nexus 7 8GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That is NOT a Nexus 7 despite what they claim on the webpage. The Nexus 7 8gb and 16gb currently DO NOT have HDMI out an... (more)

bennor (Nov. 05, 2012 @ 7:33a) |

It's a good best bang for your buck deal. As long as you have wifi you can stream hd movies read your kindle books on it... (more)

itzcuzimuslim (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 6:48a) |

Scored an 8gb yesterday at Staples. Their still out there. Great deal as I stream everything anyway.

Syrinxcs (Nov. 16, 2012 @ 2:56p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SKU? It's not showing up online.

I bought my 8GB Nexus 7 at Staples about 4 weeks ago for 199.99. Any chance I can get a price adjustment, or does the 14-day policy preclude that?

UPDATE:
Found on SD: "The sku for the 8 gb is 949286."

dewce said:   SKU? It's not showing up online.

Yes, it is not online. I will post SKU info from receipt in a bit.

SKU: 886227249060

By the way, price on receipt is $159.90 before tax. Not $159.99 as I thought.

Yup it's beiing clearanced. They probably only want to carry two SKUs.

Staples #949286

Green for the deal, but be aware that the 16gb version brings more to the table than just 8gb more memory.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-nexus-7-storage-speed-8gb...

There are a few other reviews that go into more depth as far as bench marks.

Still an awesome deal.

In addition 16GB version has nearly 3x the usable storage space compared to the 8GB version.

Yeah, this still seems a bit high considering it's a discontinued item. With tax this is ~$175 for me and I'm sure I can find an online retailer with the 16gb for $200, no tax.

Buckmann said:   I bought my 8GB Nexus 7 at Staples about 4 weeks ago for 199.99. Any chance I can get a price adjustment, or does the 14-day policy preclude that?

UPDATE:
Found on SD: "The sku for the 8 gb is 949286."

Some credit cards has price protection within 90 days. Call your cc company, see if they will cover the difference.

There is an issue with Nexus 7 tablets regarding screens starting to lift, become loose, or start making creaky noises when pushed upon softly in various spots. Some have even complained of dead pixels developing and screens starting cracking

monseemian said:   There is an issue with Nexus 7 tablets regarding screens starting to lift, become loose, or start making creaky noises when pushed upon softly in various spots. Some have even complained of dead pixels developing and screens starting cracking

If you want it, buy it. If it has a defect send it in for warranty repair. Pretty simple.

sprof said:   monseemian said:   There is an issue with Nexus 7 tablets regarding screens starting to lift, become loose, or start making creaky noises when pushed upon softly in various spots. Some have even complained of dead pixels developing and screens starting cracking

If you want it, buy it. If it has a defect send it in for warranty repair. Pretty simple.

And it is quite possible that if you send it in you will get a 16 GB back since Google is supposedly out of the 8 GB version.

southern ct all 'demos' or 'damaged' from what i could see on the computer

sprof said:   monseemian said:   There is an issue with Nexus 7 tablets regarding screens starting to lift, become loose, or start making creaky noises when pushed upon softly in various spots. Some have even complained of dead pixels developing and screens starting cracking

And I supoose you will pay for shipping when 'sending it in for warranty repair'?

Unless you are a spokesman for Nexus 7, stop getting so antsy Mr. Spoof

Even at $159, having 5 usable gigs for a tablet is painful. But people will run out and buy them anyway. It's a great tablet, don't get me wrong. Had my 16gig for a few weeks, sold it and got a Note 2. Happier.

monseemian said:   sprof said:   monseemian said:   There is an issue with Nexus 7 tablets regarding screens starting to lift, become loose, or start making creaky noises when pushed upon softly in various spots. Some have even complained of dead pixels developing and screens starting cracking

It's not like $5-$10 for shipping will break the bank.

And I supoose you will pay for shipping when 'sending it in for warranty repair'?

Unless you are a spokesman for Nexus 7, stop getting so antsy Mr. Spoof

fatxman said:   In addition 16GB version has nearly 3x the usable storage space compared to the 8GB version.

And it's only $40 more for double the RAM. If you're gonna be spending the money, I'd get the $199 16GB version.

coolbreeze said:   Even at $159, having 5 usable gigs for a tablet is painful. But people will run out and buy them anyway. It's a great tablet, don't get me wrong. Had my 16gig for a few weeks, sold it and got a Note 2. Happier.

Not all of us watch movies on a 7 in screen.

I picked up the 16gb version...had one left in stock at my Staples...no 8gb available..they did have the 32gb model for $249

Hello all,

I've been reading this section of the forum for a month now. I want a tablet but I don't know if I should wait for black friday or not. I'll be visiting my folks the week of thanksgiving and was hoping to have a tablet by then. Otherwise I won't have access to a computer of my own.

Are any of these deals going to be as good as a black friday deal?

@ cyfan, totally agree. I have the 8gb and have a bunch of apps on it and still has room on it.

@ MindExplorer, I use mine every day, paid full price ($200 and got $25 google play credit), and I don't regret it at all. It is my 3rd tablet, and this is the first one that I consider a viable laptop replacement. BF will invariably have some awesome deals, but it is 3 weeks away and I feel like it is such a crap shoot as to weather or not you end up getting what you want.

my 2 cents

This is a helluva nice tablet for $159, it will do anything the 16gb version will do. Having said that, I wouldn't say $159 is a hot deal, its more like a fair deal. If Staples has any left when they drop the price more, unlikely because they don't have many, or if you can get a coupon to work, then it could be hot.

I have about 80 apps, mostly games, installed on my 8gb Nexus 7 and have about 1gb of free space. Most apps and games are quite small. If I want to install several large games, carry around a bunch of movies, or a ton of songs, then I have to do more swapping of stuff than I would with more storage space.

I'm quite happy with my Nexus 7, especially after finding ways to reduce power consumption during idle/sleep. The fit and finish of the tablet is excellent.

My understanding is that the build cost is close to the sell price. I don't think we'll see lesser/no-name tablets with 1280x800 IPS screens coming out this year for much less.

Unless you are tied to the iApp store, I feel the Nexus 7 blows the iPad Mini out of the water.

Great deal. I'd be all over this deal but tasted Windows 8 and love it. Waiting for surface to drop down in price

I have a slightly OT question: Can I use the Staples Rewards balance that prints at the register (for using a reward partially) online?

pkp413 said:   I have a slightly OT question: Can I use the Staples Rewards balance that prints at the register (for using a reward partially) online?

Enter the 16 digits like regular rewards.

This is the most retarded deal I have ever seen. According to Staples, Nexus 7 8gb was fazed out in August of 2012. No stores in 200 mile radius from me have it. Nexus 7 16gb is $199.99 and Nexus 7 32gb is 249.99.

Waste of time and good effort.

Here is what Google says about 8GB model
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_8GB?id=nex...

snotvornoe1 said:   This is the most retarded deal I have ever seen. According to Staples, Nexus 7 8gb was fazed out in August of 2012. No stores in 200 mile radius from me have it. Nexus 7 16gb is $199.99 and Nexus 7 32gb is 249.99.

Would you like us to see if Staples has any Kleenex in stock to wipe those tears away with?

snotvornoe1 said:   This is the most retarded deal I have ever seen. According to Staples, Nexus 7 8gb was fazed out in August of 2012. No stores in 200 mile radius from me have it. Nexus 7 16gb is $199.99 and Nexus 7 32gb is 249.99.

Thanks for that valuable info, you've just saved the world!

tesiva said:   Great deal. I'd be all over this deal but tasted Windows 8 and love it. Waiting for surface to drop down in price
........and the sun will start rising in the west.

Any inventory checker? Thanks!

cyfan said:   coolbreeze said:   Even at $159, having 5 usable gigs for a tablet is painful. But people will run out and buy them anyway. It's a great tablet, don't get me wrong. Had my 16gig for a few weeks, sold it and got a Note 2. Happier.

Not all of us watch movies on a 7 in screen.

I said what about movies again?

Does anyone have anything to say about this site? They are selling it for $120

Linky

krutis said:   Does anyone have anything to say about this site? They are selling it for $120

Linky

Well the pictures are NOT of a Nexus 7...

krutis said:   Does anyone have anything to say about this site? They are selling it for $120

Linky
http://www.resellerratings.com/search/light%20in%20the%20box

Linky
I'm confused. I'm not sure if this is really the google Nexus7. It says android4.0 (ice cream sandwich, not jellybean) and other specs are off (resolution, battery life, etc.). In the Q&A section, it says, " The Nexus 7 tablet is made by our own supplier. It is of high quality and low price. Thank you for your asking."

Not there now.

Skipping 11 Messages...
Scored an 8gb yesterday at Staples. Their still out there. Great deal as I stream everything anyway.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014