• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I did this last week with Budget:

one week rental was $93 w/all taxes and fees in--pick up in the PNW (checked BLI and PDX to PSP and SNA), but apparently Budget has enough cars down south now (they offered this to get more rentals taken south and not have to pay employees to take them there).

So, I checked tonight and found this on Thrifty:

one week rental was ~$100 before taxes and fees in--pick up in the PNW and deliver to SAN.

EXAMPLE:

www.thrifty.com

Pick-up
PORTLAND AIRPORT, OR, USA Nov 03, 2012 09:00 AM

Return
SAN DIEGO INTL AIRPORT Nov 10, 2012 09:00 AM

Folks, you cannot walk there that cheaply. ENJOY!

Member Summary

I can't fathom NO RENTAL CO. offers ANY special on Florida drive-in. Am I wrong about this?

healthylaugh said:   

Folks, you cannot walk there that cheaply. ENJOY!

You are right but I can fly from PDX to SAN for less than $30 on Spirit Airlines. Even adding a bag fee it is cheaper than the gas to drive this far.

Nice, looked up pdx to new orleans, one-way $83 for the week!

ezwrighter said:   Nice, looked up pdx to new orleans, one-way $83 for the week!

Plus $300-400 or more for the gas.

On thrifty, from portland to san diego, they are adding a $479 drop off fee in addition to the $100 weekly rental. Were you able to avoid this fee?

so this is from portland only?
because seattle doesn't have any one way rentals.

I keep getting a drop off fee @ $500 for PHX. Any way around that?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014