• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Two 50 foot cords for $38.88
12 Gage wire!
Limited supplies. Check inventory in your area.

These are 12 gauge copper wire.
These are heavy. Because they really have 12 gauge copper wire.
capable of space heater powering.

Model # COMBO123050PK
Store SKU # 826246
Internet/Catalog SKU# 203216486

Link, Can Order on line for in-store pick up

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

12 gauge wire 50 ft. 2-Pack. (15.75kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

Isn't this just regular price?

Yes but I think its hot nonetheless. I've searched high and low for 50 foot cords with # 12 wire in them. And less than $20 each its an awesome deal. Mostly I see a cord like this going for at least $40 each, usually more like 50 -60.

These cords were half the price of any #12 AWG cords I could find after weeks of searching.
Thought someone could benefit from my time and trouble.

Why does anyone need # 12 wires on their extension cords anyway?
Well for me I needed a stash of them to power my house with a generator in case of another 3 day power outage like I had last year.
The cords I had last year 16 and 14 gauge wire got real hot and didn't adequately transfer power to all my loads and Iím surprised they didnít catch fire.

HD sells the 100 ft version for $69 so this is a great price on a 12/3 heavy-duty cable. I would be careful to make sure the packaging says 12/3 and "heavy duty" though. Light duty is usually 14 or 16 gauge.

When I visited my local HD I was willing to pay whatever price.. but the shelves were wiped clean.
No chords perio

Just ordered a set...and FYI for everyone - My local Home Depot was out of stock and so was every store within a 100 mile radius but one that was about 2 hours from me. I called them and asked if I ordered it on the website with store pickup, if they could transfer it to my local store. They advised me that they can do that, that they do it all the time. Just throwing that out there.

Could these be used with my new generator and this splitter?

ALthogh the gauge seems OK, this is listed as a thinner cord and as light duty. It also carries a different UL classification than the heftier brother.

I just bought this on-line for my generator. Can't have too many extension cords. I don't understand how this can be 12/3 but yet only rated "light duty". I suspect it might have to do with the shielding/insulation or something. Looking on-line, this price seems fantastic for 100 feet of 12/3 wire. Thanks OP.

I did some research and found out the "light/heavy" duty thing has nothing to do with the electric characteristic at all. All it says is the outer shell plastic quality.

Light duty == thermal plastic
Medium duty == thermal elastic
Heavy duty == thermal set

While this maybe important if this wire would go across a busy road, while I use it at home for generator or whatever, I do not really care what plastic as long as it hold in place.
Great deal OP! This is by far the cheapest 12/3 cord you can ever find.

AtoZed said:   I just bought this on-line for my generator. Can't have too many extension cords. I don't understand how this can be 12/3 but yet only rated "light duty". I suspect it might have to do with the shielding/insulation or something. Looking on-line, this price seems fantastic for 100 feet of 12/3 wire. Thanks OP.

Nice post, thank you.

I've had zero luck finding this anywhere near me. All stores within 25 miles of me are sold out. A few stores further out show they have them in stock but it won't let me buy them online. I went to one store that showed 2 in stock but there was nothing on the shelves and an employee told me they were probably stolen. I called another store and was told they wouldn't transfer it to another store. A store about 75 miles from me will let me buy it online but the cost to drive out there kills the deal.

I could totally use a set of these.

I found a local store that has these but I have no way of ordering these. None of the stores allow online pickups I guess.

It is a great deal though.

Anyone using any higher gauge for leaf blowers or generators should but buying these immediately. I had one leaf blowers catch on fire already. If you touch the extension cord and it's warm to HOT, stop using it.

yankees4life said:   I found a local store that has these but I have no way of ordering these. None of the stores allow online pickups I guess.

Anyone using any higher gauge for leaf blowers or generators should but buying these immediately. I had one leaf blowers catch on fire already. If you touch the extension cord and it's warm to HOT, stop using it.

I also had a standard cheapo 16 gauge 50 ft extension cord nearly cause a fire in my carport. Thanks OP, great deal, I was freaking out seeing $30+ 12 gauge extension cords when looking around. I was lucky to find one store near me that had 2 in stock, and it was the only store that had them.

10 % rewards with shop discover for HD. Don't forget.

Order one with discover 10 % rewards

pdiggity said:   yankees4life said:   I found a local store that has these but I have no way of ordering these. None of the stores allow online pickups I guess.

I also had a standard cheapo 16 gauge 50 ft extension cord nearly cause a fire in my carport. Thanks OP, great deal, I was freaking out seeing $30+ 12 gauge extension cords when looking around. I was lucky to find one store near me that had 2 in stock, and it was the only store that had them.

A very good reason to read the specifications on the electrical ratings. glad you caught it in time.

40 bucks for a 75ft cable and 2ft three outlet fan out cable combo

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1238818/m17364615/#m17...

Not in stock in Norfolk/Va Beach, VA area.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014