• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1 Year free Netflix streaming with a qualifying 2012 LG 3D Smart TVs purchased

First Post - Tried searching for Netflix deal. Couldn't find one.

If you have purchased 2012 LG 3D Smart TV you may be eligible for a 1 year free netfilx online streaming when you sign up for LG Apps TV.

Link:
http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/netflix

Promotion details from LG Website:
You can receive a one-year Netflix coupon when you purchase a qualifying 2012 LG Smart TV and sign up as a NEW LG Apps TV member between 10/14 and 11/24, at www.lg/com/netflix. Please note that any other attempt at registration will be invalid. Only one coupon will be issued, for one valid TV serial number.

(I purchased LM7600 in August 2012. But I still got the coupon code for Netflix)

What are the eligible TV models for this promotion?
This promotion applies to qualifying 2012 LG 3D Smart TVs purchased between 10/14 and 11/24, as follows: 42/47/55/60LS5700, 42/47/55/65LM6200, 47/55LM6400, 47/55LM6700, 47/55LM7600, 47/55LM8600, 55LM9600, 60LS5750, 42/50PM4700, 50/60PM6700, and 50/60PM9700

gain4subi op / sd

Member Summary

Netflix with LG TV
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I you. THANKS!!!

fongo61 (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 1:42p) |

I have the same trouble to get the code. According the last conversation that I had with the customer services (1800-243... (more)

hacunaranger (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 3:56p) |

I have the same trouble to get the code. According the last conversation that I had with the customer services (1800-243... (more)

hacunaranger (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 4:01p) |

  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow just bought a 47lm6200 yesterday for a good price. This even sweetens the deal even more thanks op! Green all the way!

Bought 47LM7500 in this June.. Got Netflix for one year..sweet ..
Thnx OP !!!

Butcherboy said:    ... Only one coupon will be issued, for one valid TV serial number ...



I can see it now. FW members at the big box stores looking for serial numbers on the display models.

Anyone else having issues verifying their account after creation? This is an awesome deal if I can get LG to verify my email so I can move forward...

germanpope said:   Butcherboy said:    ... Only one coupon will be issued, for one valid TV serial number ...



I can see it now. FW members at the big box stores looking for serial numbers on the display models.



Yes that is me, And your point ?
I also take my cans into the recycle center to get the cash value back.

Butcherboy said:   germanpope said:   Butcherboy said:    ... Only one coupon will be issued, for one valid TV serial number ...



I can see it now. FW members at the big box stores looking for serial numbers on the display models.



Yes that is me, And your point ?
I also take my cans into the recycle center to get the cash value back.



my recycle center gives me the HI refund based on an average weight for the container type --- when I return the plastic bottles they have caps on and have residual water --- the cans and bottles are of the 24 oz to 32 oz variety (much heavier than the 12 oz size which the calculation is largely based on) --- so, yes, I profit and arbitrage the Hawaii 5 cent container fee by playing it right

Thanks! Got my Netflix free for the next 12 months!

gmani said:   Thanks! Got my Netflix free for the next 12 months!

smiles ... as he logs in to site in the parking lot ... and then returns the set to counter

Thanks. I actually registered my 55LW5600 (a 2011 model) which I recently bought and it worked too.

Butcherboy said:   First Post - Tried searching for Netflix deal. Couldn't find one. Great first post, OP. Welcome to FW!

Butcherboy said:   germanpope said:   Butcherboy said:    ... Only one coupon will be issued, for one valid TV serial number ...



I can see it now. FW members at the big box stores looking for serial numbers on the display models.



Yes that is me, And your point ?
I also take my cans into the recycle center to get the cash value back.



You pay a deposit on your cans, that's your money, used to encourage you to recycle in the form of a deposit.

The serial number on the TV belongs to the person who purchases the television, congratulations on thieving a year of Netflix from, well who knows who from. Could be anyone. Would be amazing if someone purchased that for you as a gift and so you couldn't redeem the extra... because you already ripped it off....

Will be even better when deals like this die out or have ridiculous amounts of validation attached because uber cheapskates (I'm talking... people like ^this guy, who probably make 2 extra sandwiches from the juice most people drain out of a can of tuna fish) go around stores and skeez serials from TVs because they need a free year of Netflix.

I guess I can somewhat sympathize, obviously you can't afford the television, which leaves little to question in terms of being able to afford Netflix itself, and so maybe your first investment should be in a Wifi range extender to boost your internet signal from the neighbors house, so your free Netflix won't be buffering quite so often. Video quality doesn't matter much on the tube TV though.


@OP: Green, I am looking to get a nice 3D LED for BF/Xmas this year!!!! Thanks for the post!!!!

Works with a LG 47G2 TV.

worked great, thanks!

germanpope said:   gmani said:   Thanks! Got my Netflix free for the next 12 months!

smiles ... as he logs in to site in the parking lot ... and then returns the set to counter
I bought my TV during the Amazon sale in June...

I am eligible for this deal, having just purchased a 42LM6200. I'm only marginally interested in Netflix. Can I give a relative the serial number and let him get the free year, or does do they have a way that they can restrict it to use only by me (such as it only works on the LG app, or tied to my product registration with LG)?

MisterMac9 said:   I am eligible for this deal, having just purchased a 42LM6200. I'm only marginally interested in Netflix. Can I give a relative the serial number and let him get the free year, or does do they have a way that they can restrict it to use only by me (such as it only works on the LG app, or tied to my product registration with LG)?

When you register it gives you a code that you type in to Netflix. Technically, anyone could type in that code. So, you could give it to a relative.

nice deal!

ebbikenezer said:   ...maybe your first investment should be in a Wifi range extender to boost your internet signal from the neighbors house...!Can't use an extender unless you have access to the router.

r007 said:   MisterMac9 said:   I am eligible for this deal, having just purchased a 42LM6200. I'm only marginally interested in Netflix. Can I give a relative the serial number and let him get the free year, or does do they have a way that they can restrict it to use only by me (such as it only works on the LG app, or tied to my product registration with LG)?

When you register it gives you a code that you type in to Netflix. Technically, anyone could type in that code. So, you could give it to a relative.


Thanks!

can anyone recommend something on Netflix? it keeps telling me what i want to watch isn't available.

I been stuck on 'loading' for 12 hours

Are these stackable? Will you get two years with two codes?

namlook said:   Are these stackable? Will you get two years with two codes?


No, you can not.

If you want one see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/1233079/

alamo11 said:   namlook said:   Are these stackable? Will you get two years with two codes?


No, you can not.

If you want one see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/1233079/


Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?

namlook said:   Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?People that have morals?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   namlook said:   Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?People that have morals?

Should buy them on eBay. They are some in the $4-5 range now.

namlook said:   alamo11 said:   namlook said:   Are these stackable? Will you get two years with two codes?


No, you can not.

If you want one see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/1233079/


Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?


Right.. Good luck finding valid serials

Where does it say you have 1 year free in your account after signing up? Mine says next billing date is 12/12 then a box on top that says on a promotion.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   namlook said:   Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?People that have morals?

You completely miss the point. The person selling them for $50 got them for free by scamming. So you want to pay him $50 for scamming when you could scam for free? Uh, ok. Way to reward someone for cheating LG and Netflix.

alamo11 said:   

Right.. Good luck finding valid serials


You know as well as I do that you don't need a valid serial. You enter random numbers and it works. Are you claiming you bought eleven LG TVs and that's how you have eleven of them to sell?

alamo11 said:   namlook said:   alamo11 said:   namlook said:   Are these stackable? Will you get two years with two codes?


No, you can not.

If you want one see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/1233079/


Anyone can get these free by entering a valid model number and random serial. Why would anyone pay $50?


Right.. Good luck finding valid serials


Well it looks like you were able to "guess" 11 of them
It is a moot point anyways since people are already reporting that Netflix is already voiding and locking Netflix accounts from those who guessed too. If you and others had bothered to read the terms of the offer it is only valid if you stream from the LG TV with the serial you provided to get the promotion. As per the LG /Netflix sign-up offer terms: Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes.

cnIsfg said:   

Well it looks like you were able to "guess" 11 of them
It is a moot point anyways since people are already reporting that Netflix is already voiding and locking Netflix accounts from those who guessed too. If you and others had bothered to read the terms of the offer it is only valid if you stream from the LG TV with the serial you provided to get the promotion. As per the LG /Netflix sign-up offer terms: Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes.


If you don't stream from a specific LG TV you get locked out? That would be an stupid move by LG/Netflix when Netflix allows you to stream from multiple devices. If they had any brains they would have only allowed codes to be generated from valid serial numbers and they wouldn't have this mess.

The terms and conditions of the LG offer state:

"A computer or other device that streams from Netflix (manufactured and sold separately) and broadband Internet connection are required to watch instantly."

So based on that I would say you don't need to stream from an LG TV.

namlook said:   cnIsfg said:   

Well it looks like you were able to "guess" 11 of them
It is a moot point anyways since people are already reporting that Netflix is already voiding and locking Netflix accounts from those who guessed too. If you and others had bothered to read the terms of the offer it is only valid if you stream from the LG TV with the serial you provided to get the promotion. As per the LG /Netflix sign-up offer terms: Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes.


If you don't stream from a specific LG TV you get locked out? That would be an stupid move by LG/Netflix when Netflix allows you to stream from multiple devices. If they had any brains they would have only allowed codes to be generated from valid serial numbers and they wouldn't have this mess.


Agreed. I've got 21. Done for the day.

namlook said:   cnIsfg said:   

Well it looks like you were able to "guess" 11 of them
It is a moot point anyways since people are already reporting that Netflix is already voiding and locking Netflix accounts from those who guessed too. If you and others had bothered to read the terms of the offer it is only valid if you stream from the LG TV with the serial you provided to get the promotion. As per the LG /Netflix sign-up offer terms: Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes.


If you don't stream from a specific LG TV you get locked out? That would be an stupid move by LG/Netflix when Netflix allows you to stream from multiple devices. If they had any brains they would have only allowed codes to be generated from valid serial numbers and they wouldn't have this mess.

The terms and conditions of the LG offer state:

"A computer or other device that streams from Netflix (manufactured and sold separately) and broadband Internet connection are required to watch instantly."

So based on that I would say you don't need to stream from an LG TV.


Nice try but read the LG /Netflix offer terms again...> It clearly states if you sign up for the offer using a device other than the LG unit you provided the serial number of during signup then Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes. You must activate you Netflix account using the App provied with your LG device and will ONLY be allowed to stream for the registered LG devices during the promotional period.

As stated earlier people are already reporting that Netflix has locked their Netfilx account for using these bogus generated LG promotional codes. Even those with accounts that had been working with the code for several months. If yours is not locked then it is only a matter of time before LG reports the code as bogus. The lockout seems to happen when the code takes effect. Good Luck!

Although it would stink for my account to be disabled, it would serve the eBay sellers right to get chargebacks.

screw this. If anyone wants a code, 5$

cnIsfg said:   

Nice try but read the LG /Netflix offer terms again...> It clearly states if you sign up for the offer using a device other than the LG unit you provided the serial number of during signup then Netflix reserves the right to limit access or cancel your Netflix account for any unauthorized use of promotional codes. You must activate you Netflix account using the App provied with your LG device and will ONLY be allowed to stream for the registered LG devices during the promotional period.

As stated earlier people are already reporting that Netflix has locked their Netfilx account for using these bogus generated LG promotional codes. Even those with accounts that had been working with the code for several months. If yours is not locked then it is only a matter of time before LG reports the code as bogus. The lockout seems to happen when the code takes effect. Good Luck!


This sounds like a troll. This promotion started 10/14 so how are people going to have their accounts locked after "several months" of using these codes? That would be impossible unless people have time machines.

Links? In particular I'm interested in a link to read about the "people are already reporting that Netflix has locked their account for using these bogus generated LG promotional codes" so I can judge for myself what is and is not true.

Edit 11/12/12: ^^^No response with links? I guess it was a troll. Gotta love it how people make stuff up on the fly for their own amusement!

Site is down and states this on site : (so guess they can terminate all Netflix acccounts without case):

Use of fictitious names or addresses or other conduct that impairs the integrity of this offer could result in prosecution for U.S. mail fraud and other liabilities. LG reserves the right to audit any claim and to nullify any claim that cannot be substantiated. LG reserves the right to amend the offer terms after the offer begins or to cancel this offer without prior notice. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of LG Electronics USA, Inc., which are final. For questions about this mail-in offer, go to: www.lg.com/netflix or call 800-243-0000.

acroscubasteve said:   Site is down and states this on site : (so guess they can terminate all Netflix acccounts without case):

Use of fictitious names or addresses or other conduct that impairs the integrity of this offer could result in prosecution for U.S. mail fraud and other liabilities. LG reserves the right to audit any claim and to nullify any claim that cannot be substantiated. LG reserves the right to amend the offer terms after the offer begins or to cancel this offer without prior notice. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of LG Electronics USA, Inc., which are final. For questions about this mail-in offer, go to: www.lg.com/netflix or call 800-243-0000.


Not worried.

My "friend" Dixie give his information

Dixie Normous
69 Cartmans Mom Ave.
Fartman Land, NY

Skipping 11 Messages...
I have the same trouble to get the code. According the last conversation that I had with the customer services (1800-243-0000) said the "the system program from LG was down and is in maintenance and would be take two weeks to get the code from Netflix" I am still waiting and registered twice and I can't registering again because you need to put o create another email account to get the the code from LG....I don't know if this promotion is a real .... we will see later



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014