LG 55" LED HDTV for $898 in Walmart

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received WalMart local add for LG 55" LED HDTV for $898.
Unfortunalty it doen't shown model and says one-time offer.
Offer valid from 11/4-11/10.

Link

Member Summary

LED
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The model is a 55LS4500, I got it off the WalMart image.

Product name LG 55" Class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV
Screen Class 55" Class
Actual Screen Size (54.6" Measured Diagonally)
Display Type LED HDTV
Display Resolution 1080p Display Resolution w/ 120Hz Technology
Contrast Ratio 4,000,000:1 Dynamic
HDMI/PC Inputs 2 HDMI Inputs
HD Component Video Inputs 1 HD Component Video Input
Additional Features

Edge LED
Audio Output Digital Audio Output
Dimensions 49.7(w) X 29.7(h) X 1.4(d)
Shipping Weight 58 lbs, 5 ozs

Anyone know if this has wi-fi?

Add "LCD" to the title. The pixels are NOT LEDs -- they're LCDs edge-lit by LEDs. There is a difference.

Specifications on Amazon.com which also has it for $898.

There is 55LS4600 does this mean that the 4500 is a 2011 model?

DonC--55LS4500 model is LED
In BB for $899.99 as well

palex1 said:   DonC--55LS4500 model is LED
In BB for $899.99 as well
Sorry but it's advertised as LED which is increasingly used to mislead.

There IS such a thing as a true LED TV but an LED edge-lit LCD TV doesn't make it an LED TV. Look at the same model on Amazon and you'll note it's referred to as an LED-LCD meaning LCD pixels edge-lit using LEDs as the light source.

Somewhere along the way the Plasma vs. LCD issue got hijacked by referring to LED lit TVs as LED TVs. Let the buyer beware. Actually an LCD with back-lit LEDs is a far better option that this edge-lit set.

LED means LED backlighting... whether edge lit or full LED array.... whether local dimming or not.

LCD means LCD backlighting.

LG 55" LED HDTV for $898, it's a nice deal for me. I wanna to buy one TV for my parents. Thanks OP!

rdh said:   LED means LED backlighting... whether edge lit or full LED array.... whether local dimming or not.

LCD means LCD backlighting.

Well almost right...LCD usually referrs to an LCD panel backlit with CFL lamps.

LCD TVs that don't have the LED designation are backlit with fluorescent lighting; CCFLs typically.

$773 for a 55" Vizio smart TV at Target.

polishdreamer said:   $773 for a 55" Vizio smart TV at Target.

On clearance and not available everywhere. You dont need to go on every TV deal posting this!

DesiVibe said:   polishdreamer said:   $773 for a 55" Vizio smart TV at Target.

On clearance and not available everywhere. You dont need to go on every TV deal posting this!

Seriously no link no TV Type and no model number either.

Just came from wal mart i was not impressed with the 55LS4500 not with the 47LS4500 next to it. Maybe it was the content being played but eveything looked SD and Jaggy which made no sence. Event the awesome LG menu (current LG owner) looked low res and jaggy. They had madagascar playing over HDMI maybe if i go another day they will have something else but eveything about the TV felt cheap. The VIZIO M550SSL for $888 may be a better deal.

polishdreamer said:   $773 for a 55" Vizio smart TV at Target.

Can you provide a link, or model? I'm seriously asking... I'd like to snag this one if I can.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014