• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is from Big Value on eBay. $132 for the Sony NEX 16 mm 2.8 lens, free shipping:

16mm 2.8 on eBay

This is a **great** price for this lens!

I bought one from Big Value a couple of weeks ago at $150, and that was the lowest price around then, and a good buy.

This one looks like it might be grey market? The one I got was out of a kit, but that is a good price and probably worth the risk on the grey market side.

It is also available from other vendors on eBay, some shipping from Hong Kong, for the same price.

I have purchased from Big Value twice before and they have delivered. Of course, YMMV.

Best,
Michael

Member Summary

Sony NEX (95.86kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Been trolling around looking for one of these. For some reason, even at $133, I'm hesitating.

I may just get it ($249 MSRP) but it really doesn't look like a optically great lens. I guess the draw is the small size? Also considering a Sigma (19mm or 30mm) which has much better optics.

Good deal for what it is though.

I have one of these and, although the quality as mentioned may not be anything impressive, it is a cheap lens (at least at this price) that performs decently. The biggest argument to buy it is to combine with one of the wide angle extensions, for decent performance ultra wide angle or fisheye photography. Together with the wide angle extension it forms my standard outfit, and the extension is removable in a snatch to utilize both lengths without a hitch.

Thanks OP. Had been looking at both this lens and the Sigma 30mm.

Ordered this, and will give it a whirl. If it's not great, should be able to re-sell it for around the same price.

Bah, got one anyway. Thanks OP. Hopefully this lens isn't like $70 in a few weeks...the price has been falling each week it seems.

Sony has announced a new reasonably priced 16-50 pancake zoom lens that looks real cool. Supposed to be shipping this month. I bet that will put a lot of downward pressure on the price of the 16 prime, both new "bulk packaged" and used.

johnny98 said:   Sony has announced a new reasonably priced 16-50 pancake zoom lens that looks real cool. Supposed to be shipping this month. I bet that will put a lot of downward pressure on the price of the 16 prime, both new "bulk packaged" and used.
Now you tell me. Oh well.

johnny98 said:   Sony has announced a new reasonably priced 16-50 pancake zoom lens that looks real cool. Supposed to be shipping this month. I bet that will put a lot of downward pressure on the price of the 16 prime, both new "bulk packaged" and used.

This one for $349?

beatnik28 said:   johnny98 said:   Sony has announced a new reasonably priced 16-50 pancake zoom lens that looks real cool. Supposed to be shipping this month. I bet that will put a lot of downward pressure on the price of the 16 prime, both new "bulk packaged" and used.

This one for $349?

$350 is you buy it separately, but only $150 if you buy it with a new camera body. That is why it will put a lot of downward pressure on the prices of the older lenses, especially the "bulk packaged" lenses.

johnny98 said:   beatnik28 said:   johnny98 said:   Sony has announced a new reasonably priced 16-50 pancake zoom lens that looks real cool. Supposed to be shipping this month. I bet that will put a lot of downward pressure on the price of the 16 prime, both new "bulk packaged" and used.

This one for $349?

$350 is you buy it separately, but only $150 if you buy it with a new camera body. That is why it will put a lot of downward pressure on the prices of the older lenses, especially the "bulk packaged" lenses.

I guess I feel better since I don't need another NEX body.

I think adding "camera lens" to the title would be helpful to most people...

Dotbody said:   I think adding "camera lens" to the title would be helpful to most people...

Done!

Price is now down to $128.64.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014