FREE Battlefield 1942 ( $16.99 Value )

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FREE Battlefield 1942

EA seems to be doing a promotional run of the old game. I got an ad in Origin directly.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942?intcmp=opm_bf1942

How much does it cost?
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Battlefield 1942, we are offering this full game at no cost. We want everyone to be able to see where it all started

Is this a remake of Battlefield 1942?
No. This is the original game Battlefield 1942, for the first time available as a digital download on Origin.

Free download till March 2013

buddybd op sd

Origin powered by EA
See Origin powered by EA promo codes that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

battlefield 1942
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I wish they'd remake Call of Duty 2, that was the most engaging, realism, in the COD universe.

prokoph (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 2:04p) |

Try going into Controls and reset them to Default. If I remember correctly, this worked back in the day with similar pro... (more)

zurge (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 2:34p) |

Thanks. But nothing...Just the screen at the start of the 'mission' but can't move, turn, look around, change weapons. ... (more)

dazviking (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 9:43p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal this was the one that started it all, I have a lot of hours logged in on this and Desert Combat Mod

nice thanks downloading now

A classic. Back when LAN play was still supported.

Ahh lan play.. Back when I spent countless hours slaying my friends at Soldier of Fortune using thermo goggles on snipe levels

Thanks for the posting!!!

wow, this game is dangerous, I'd come home from work, play it and all of the sudden time went from 6pm to 9 or 10 pm!! Internet play was so much fun....

What can anyone tell me about this Origins that I need to install in order to download?

Is the download a stand-alone version or does it require Origins to run? I'd like to get rid of Origins once BF1942 is downloaded and installed.

I like FREE. I don't like FREE with strings attached.

Origin has a lot of complaints. Thanks, but not worth the effort.

Meh, don't listen to the whiners. Already had BF3, so this is a no brainer to see its roots. Thanks Mr. C.!

Origin = EA's version of "Steam". Platforms like this have their pros as well as their cons. Though IMO, it's mostly a con...

Do people know of a good way of moving this onto my Vic 20 and is the joystick from my Atari 2600 gonna be a good controller for this game?

Origin such a POS. I bought BattleField 3 when it came out and could not join a multiplayer game via Origin for the life of me. I ended up never playing the game and de-installing Origin. I will try one more time.

How many GB is the DL?

ParatoOptimal said:   How many GB is the DL?

It came originally on two CDs, so probably less than 1.3gigs.

I have hundreds of hours under my belt at '42, and made some great friends. The WakeClan server is still up and running, and fairly full on weekend nights.

Hours spent with this, desert combat and my fave, forgotten hope. Thanks for the nostalgia!

Thanks OP, playing now.

anyway to get this without the crapware? lot of hassle for pc game that could easily just be downloaded as a msi

website down.

thanks

The deal works for me. Thx

What is Battlefield game with the more modern weapons and the allied vs arabs scenarios?

bf2

I really liked 2142. Cloaks, sentry guns, roller mines, the epic battles trying to bring down the big ships and escape.

Best game ever

TWL and CAL FTW!!!!

Nice freebie!

Great game, played it for months about 10 years ago... Loved it like nothing else. Well, tried it now after BF3 and the graphic game me some horrible headache - have to admit that compared to modern games it looks like crap. Oh, those good old days of Radeon 9600 and 1Gb of RAM. Remember thinking that trees and tanks look so real... Why do they look so bad now? My heart is broken

Downloaded/installed origin and battlefield. Starts ok, can change options, etc. Once game starts: no controls work (except M(ap) and T(tooltips)?!?

Win7 64-Bit

My favorite game ever. Wish there were still players out there....

Meet me on tweedle and I'll knife your faces! -Glen The Automator

it said demo?

"http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.demos-en_US" there it says its not demo but full version, just make sure you are loggeed into origin before clickin link.

Thanks!

let me restate my comment:

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, IT IS INCREDIBLY STUPID THAT I SHOULD HAVE TO MAKE A USELESS ACCOUNT I WILL NEVER USE JUST TO GET A COPY OF A GAME THAT CAME OUT TEN YEARS AGO

(was this focused enough?)

Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?

Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since itís free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.

I take it we can't use some of the add-ons for this version either, like Road to Rome and Secrets of WWII?

FrugalFreak said:   anyway to get this without the crapware? lot of hassle for pc game that could easily just be downloaded as a msi
I see it at yard sales fairly often ($.50, $1, $2).
I bought the GOTY version in the big box for $1.

I wish they'd remake Call of Duty 2, that was the most engaging, realism, in the COD universe.

dazviking said:   Downloaded/installed origin and battlefield. Starts ok, can change options, etc. Once game starts: no controls work (except M(ap) and T(tooltips)?!?

Win7 64-Bit
Try going into Controls and reset them to Default. If I remember correctly, this worked back in the day with similar problems - might have been in a different BF game though.

zurge said:   dazviking said:   Downloaded/installed origin and battlefield. Starts ok, can change options, etc. Once game starts: no controls work (except M(ap) and T(tooltips)?!?

Win7 64-Bit
Try going into Controls and reset them to Default. If I remember correctly, this worked back in the day with similar problems - might have been in a different BF game though.

Thanks. But nothing...Just the screen at the start of the 'mission' but can't move, turn, look around, change weapons. Can turn on/off map, press tilda to go into some text box, and escape.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014