• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you are in an area served by Comcast, and you have a child in school that qualifies for free or reduced-price lunches, and you don't owe Comcast any money or equipment, nor have you had service by Comcast in the last 90 days, then you may qualify.

Check out this site:
http://www.internetessentials.com/default.aspx

Member Summary

comcast
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice...going to see if this can help some of the students at my daughters school. Sure helps kids when they can connect with their teachers digitally.

"Once you are approved, we'll mail you a welcome package with everything you need to set up your Internet service and receive our free Internet training."

Sounds good, but they may try to charge an additional installation fee. When we had Comcast internet installed they said it would all be free like this. Our home was wired for cable, but apparently it was turned off outside at the cable box so they had to send out a technician to flip a switch and tried to charge us $40. We were eventually able to get that credited back, but it was a major hassle.

JiggleTheHandle said:   El repost

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thre...

Technically, not quite a repost. Current deal is for 3Mbit/sec down. That deal was for 1.5Mbit down. They (Comcast) have increased the speed.

Thanks. This is wonderful for unemployed deadbeats like me.

VirtuaL said:   JiggleTheHandle said:   El repost

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thre...

Technically, not quite a repost. Current deal is for 3Mbit/sec down. That deal was for 1.5Mbit down. They (Comcast) have increased the speed.

I thought report as well, but it also potentially covers "reduced lunch" kids now as well. Previously it was just "free lunch". Hopefully I will be in grad school next year and will qualify!

Are there other ISP's that provide this or is it just comcast due to their merger?

There are a lot more free lunch qualifying families than one would think.
All families receiving food stamps.
All foster, homeless, runaway or migrant children.

Income qualifying families.
A single earner 4 person household making less than $14.50 per hour ($30K year) qualifies for free lunch. With 2 kids in school and lunch at ~$2.50 a day per child the savings are around $100 a month.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014