• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Us airways are giving 100% bonus up to 50k on 100% on Buy/Gift in November.
https://www.usairways.com/en-US/dividendmiles/programdetails/pur...

Member Summary

miles (50.09kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

No link.. No details.. RED FOR YOU!

last months xfer deal was better.

Thanks... Do you have a time machine to go with last months deal?

crazypalooza said:   last months xfer deal was better.

@bizach

I saw this on the run, I was unable to get all the email info down, Mia culpai

ac7mpo said:   @bizach

I saw this on the run, I was unable to get all the email info down, Mia culpai

100% on Buy/Gift not Buy/Transfer.

Transfer was last month (and was posted here).

with USAirways, it is caveat emptor - watch your backside for a few reasons:
although USAirways reservation clerks tell you that if you need more miles, you can go back to the deal website and buy more 2fer miles, you cannot. after the first 50,000 bonus miles, additional miles are 1 for 1, regardless of the number of times you go back to the deal website. it says so clearly in their rules - so read the rules for all limitations.
when and if you buy the additional miles, only to discover you did not get a deal on the 2nd purchase, USAirways fights tooth and nail to keep your money, up a few supervisory levels
i purchased the additional miles with an AMEX card. generally, when you try to cancel a transaction, AMEX suspends billing for the transaction until they investigate your complaint and, if they find you were right, cancels the transaction. if they determine the transaction was legit, they reinstate the charge for the transaction. when i complained about the above bait and switch tactics of USAirways, both I and the AMEX clerk were surprised that the transaction was cancelled immediately - apparently, i wasn't the only person to complain
when i purchased the USAIR miles, they allowed you to use reward miles on USAir to purchase their flights or flights for other star alliance airlines. i have used the miles to purchase lufthansa flights - a very nice airline, but i found that you had to use more miles to get a lufthansa ticket from USAir, than to book an USAir flight
once you get a ticket, it may say that reservations cannot be changed once you begin the flight - they mean what they say. if you miss your flight and you cannot find a flight on the airline on which you are flying for the same day, USAir may not reissue the ticket - when this happened with one lufthansa flight, Lufthansa allowed me to take another flight for $50, what they then-charged their own customers for changing a reservation. USAir refunded the miles for the return trip for a reasonable fee - but if Lufthansa had not been so accommodating (and i had to wait a few hours at the airport before i met with someone at Lufthansa with the authority to allow the rescheduling), i would have had to purchase another ticket to get home.
so, be very careful with USAir they will not bend their rules, regardless of the (bad) info their reservations clerks give you.

when i forward something, unless i specifically say that i have tried it, downloaded it or otherwise relied on it, i make no warranties or representations whatsoever. i am just sending on info that i think might be useful -- try it or rely on it at your own risk. if the info is not useful, feel free to tell me, but not to blame me.

(¨`•.•´¨) Always
`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨ ) Keep
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´Reaching!
`•.¸.•´

snmir1orama said:   with USAirways, it is caveat emptor - watch your backside for a few reasons:
although USAirways reservation clerks tell you that if you need more miles, you can go back to the deal website and buy more 2fer miles, you cannot. after the first 50,000 bonus miles, additional miles are 1 for 1, regardless of the number of times you go back to the deal website. it says so clearly in their rules - so read the rules for all limitations.
when and if you buy the additional miles, only to discover you did not get a deal on the 2nd purchase, USAirways fights tooth and nail to keep your money, up a few supervisory levels
i purchased the additional miles with an AMEX card. generally, when you try to cancel a transaction, AMEX suspends billing for the transaction until they investigate your complaint and, if they find you were right, cancels the transaction. if they determine the transaction was legit, they reinstate the charge for the transaction. when i complained about the above bait and switch tactics of USAirways, both I and the AMEX clerk were surprised that the transaction was cancelled immediately - apparently, i wasn't the only person to complain
when i purchased the USAIR miles, they allowed you to use reward miles on USAir to purchase their flights or flights for other star alliance airlines. i have used the miles to purchase lufthansa flights - a very nice airline, but i found that you had to use more miles to get a lufthansa ticket from USAir, than to book an USAir flight
once you get a ticket, it may say that reservations cannot be changed once you begin the flight - they mean what they say. if you miss your flight and you cannot find a flight on the airline on which you are flying for the same day, USAir may not reissue the ticket - when this happened with one lufthansa flight, Lufthansa allowed me to take another flight for $50, what they then-charged their own customers for changing a reservation. USAir refunded the miles for the return trip for a reasonable fee - but if Lufthansa had not been so accommodating (and i had to wait a few hours at the airport before i met with someone at Lufthansa with the authority to allow the rescheduling), i would have had to purchase another ticket to get home.
so, be very careful with USAir they will not bend their rules, regardless of the (bad) info their reservations clerks give you.

when i forward something, unless i specifically say that i have tried it, downloaded it or otherwise relied on it, i make no warranties or representations whatsoever. i am just sending on info that i think might be useful -- try it or rely on it at your own risk. if the info is not useful, feel free to tell me, but not to blame me.

(¨`•.•´¨) Always
`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨ ) Keep
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´Reaching!
`•.¸.•´

Is there a cliff notes version of this post?

cliff notes version : USAirways, it is caveat emptor

They are Star Alliance members correct? So if I was to buy 25,000 miles i get 50,000 miles which is enough to book at RT ticket for an eastern European vacation which is about $400.00 less than what i can find anywhere else right now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014