• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/conversion-kit...

DETAILS
CMMG ALPHA BLACK PHOSPHATE W/ 25 Rou 22BA6FD
Model ALPHA Features:
Phosphated Kit
25 Round Magazine
Piston System Compatible

All CMMG .22 LR magazines have a bolt hold open follower. When using the bolt hold open follower, magazine will only hold 25 rounds.
For best performance use a round style hammer as notched hammers can cause function issues. 36 grain bullets have proven to be the best choice for function.
The PRI Gas Buster charging handle will not work with our .22 Conversion kit.
Set up is less than 30 seconds. Ammo is 1/10 of the price of 5.56 ammo, so a significant savings to you.

Member Summary

guns
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'll give ya green, cuz this is a really great price for a .22 conversion kit! However, I strongly recommend researching and building a dedicated .22 upper rather than conversion kit. Yes, its 3x the price, but you won't have to adjust/re-zero your optics when switching and the twist rate will better match the .22 caliber ammo.

Hey Blurryeyed, I've been thinking about doing exactly that for a while. Have any recommendations?

BlurryEyed said:   I'll give ya green, cuz this is a really great price for a .22 conversion kit! However, I strongly recommend researching and building a dedicated .22 upper rather than conversion kit. Yes, its 3x the price, but you won't have to adjust/re-zero your optics when switching and the twist rate will better match the .22 caliber ammo.
I have this kit and love it. I solved the sighting issue by buying a dedicated $30 red dot sight that takes 5 seconds to mount on a rail. What I like the most about this kit is that it is not at all picky about ammo I use and it cycles just fine with even the cheapest rounds.

Karnivore, thanks for the note! I think I'll do the same. Does anyone have any memory of the PSA Black Friday deals from last year?

crap, was gonna pull the trigger, but OOS

Just buy an M&P15-22 when you find one. They are the best thing going for under $500 bucks. No building required.

smokediverxxx said:   crap, was gonna pull the trigger, but OOS

Wow, way to dig up an old thread buddy. I hope you weren't TOO surprised that they were no longer in stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014