Sigma DP1x @ Amazon $249.00 shipped

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sigma DP1x 14MP FOVEON CMOS Sensor Digital Camera and 2.5 Inch LCD

Newer version recently released (Merrill) but its $999, if you can find one.

Not a camera for everyone but if you're interested in this technology, its a very good price.

LINK

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Sigma DP1x
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MacandCheese said:   

Not a camera for everyone

This. Stay away if you are a photographer without patience and expect to use it as a point and shoot. The ancient AF system and lack of anti-shake will make you want to pull your hair out.

It's the film camera of digital cameras! Awesome IQ and terrible everything else (by comparison).

This whole camera is built around the Foveon chip. Everything else is after thought.

Dang, too bad FW has me broke right now. I've been waiting for a deal on one of these. I'm definitely the target market, but I'd have a hard time ever recommending it to anyone. If you're one of those people who find yourself using old lenses, focusing by hand, doing all your own manual settings on your dslr even though the camera is smart enough to do it on its own, maybe you have enough patience for this camera. Also, you'll have a hard time finding a better landscape point and shoot. But, lets put it this way...if I was going on vacation and didn't want to lug around the dslr, I'd probably take this in addition to a p&s. It probably won't replace your everyday p&s. This isn't meant for quick snapshots...

Great deal! It's definitely a niche camera not for the common photographer. I'd love to get one, but I seriously doubt I would be using it much at all.

Red for not putting what the item is in the title. Is it a gun? A video game? A printer?

I think it was 2 years ago Amazon had the 250 deal for the original DP1. I ordered it and it was back ordered for 2 months until the order was finally cancelled.

I have already had a X-E1 on order but I can't resist this deal.

whatever7 said:   I think it was 2 years ago Amazon had the 250 deal for the original DP1. I ordered it and it was back ordered for 2 months until the order was finally cancelled.

I have already had a X-E1 on order but I can't resist this deal.

No worries, mine has shipped!

It's an avocado slicer. That's all sigma makes. The finest avocado slicers on the market. I'm sorry you didn't know that, but OP (reasonably assumed) that everyone knows that this is Sigma's thing, much like their bright purple branding.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014