Staples Black Friday Ad Scan

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
MrVietnam said:"If I return two of the photo papers tomorrow and then rebuy them, in my situation, would I get a balance coupon back for the amount of my puchase? "

Yes. $14.99 x 2 = $29.98 back.

Edit: Was considering doing the same thing.
But did the rebate already and not gonna bother making another trip to staps
Ah maybe I'll get kaspersky ? is it still far tomorrow?

helptnt said:   MrVietnam said:"If I return two of the photo papers tomorrow and then rebuy them, in my situation, would I get a balance coupon back for the amount of my puchase? "

Yes. $14.99 x 2 = $29.98 back.

Edit: Was considering doing the same thing.
But did the rebate already and not gonna bother making another trip to staps
Ah maybe I'll get kaspersky ? is it still far tomorrow?

I would get 2 $14.99 balance coupons back even though they issued me one balance coupon already after my original purchase (for the amount left on one of my Rewards)?

Even if I did get 2 $14.99 balance coupons back and I repurchased them with the $5 Staples coupon, I would not qualify to get a second balance coupon back for the amount of the coupon, right? Isn't their policy only to get one balance coupon and then you have to spend it all or lose it?

Does it matter who used the coupon? It is not tied to my Staples Rewards account, is it? I will probably give the coupon to my sister.

If you bought both of the 2 photo paper you are returning on the same recpt you will get ONE balance coupon for $29.98 as I stated above.

Has anyone try using these 25% off that expired 11/21, should work today.

25% off One Item (excludes monitors, computers, Nook/Kindle, gcs, HP-Epson Ink and more exclsn. those are the main ones)
Five Digit code 86538 and 42171.

helptnt said:   Ah maybe I'll get kaspersky ? is it still far tomorrow?Yes. In fact it's FAR next week as well (same rebate, unfortunately).

billrubin said:   helptnt said:   Ah maybe I'll get kaspersky ? is it still far tomorrow?Yes. In fact it's FAR next week as well (same rebate, unfortunately).

TY.

MrVietnam said:   I just got back from Staples and I got a $5 off $25 coupon on my register receipt. I don't know if it is with every purchase or not.

I had 3 transactions, and only the first one generated the coupon.

MrVietnam said:   my4mainecoons said:   If this was the first use of the Rewards you can do a Return-Rebuy. If it was a Rewards balance coupon then no go.
Guess I'll buy batteries first to see if coupon prints, then buy stuff to cash out Rewards.
I don't think you'd have a problem using the coupon & Rewards on McAfee purchase. They've always paid based on purchase price not oop. Of course past performance is not a predictor of future returns.

This was the first use of both of the Staples Rewards I used. After the transaction one of the Staples Rewards had about $15 left on it so they issued me a balance coupon.

If I return two of the photo papers tomorrow and then rebuy them, in my situation, would I get a balance coupon back for the amount of my puchase? Then if I used those balance coupons to pay, I would not qualify to get even another balance coupon back for $5 (the amount of the coupon), right? So it would be fruitless to go through the motions.

I guess all I can do is either go the McAfee route or hope there is something free after rebate in the new ad on Sunday. Do you think the coupon is tied to my account or is it a generic coupon? Maybe I will give it to my sister so she can get two $5 discounts tomorrow. At least I know how to approach my purchases NEXT Black Friday (break up those free after rebate purchases to see if any coupons print).
Correct response:

- You will be issed TWO coupons. One for the whole amount of one reward that you used; the other for the amount you used from the one that gave you a balance for $15. You cannot break these again on next use.
- Sometimes there will be a glitch, and with an over-ride you will get a store-credit card for one of them. Good news: it does not expire. Bad news: you don't save on taxes in future when you use it. Fact: nothing you can do about it one way or another.
- The $5 coupon is neither generic nor tied to your account. You may have your sister use it.

c3 said:   MrVietnam said:   I just got back from Staples and I got a $5 off $25 coupon on my register receipt. I don't know if it is with every purchase or not.

I had 3 transactions, and only the first one generated the coupon.
Max print one per account. Not all accounts qualify for the "bait".

aarzi said:    Correct response:

- You will be issed TWO coupons. One for the whole amount of one reward that you used; the other for the amount you used from the one that gave you a balance for $15. You cannot break these again on next use.
- Sometimes there will be a glitch, and with an over-ride you will get a store-credit card for one of them. Good news: it does not expire. Bad news: you don't save on taxes in future when you use it. Fact: nothing you can do about it one way or another.
- The $5 coupon is neither generic nor tied to your account. You may have your sister use it.

Thanks for your reply.

So even though on the Staples Rewards that I used on the original purchase gave me a balance coupon because I did not use it in full, when I return 2 photo papers I will get back anotherbalance coupon on that same reward? I always thought you could get a balance coupon only once and they gave it to me on the original purchase.

$5 off $30 online: 85815 today only

I stand corrected aarzi read your details closer then I did . This happened to me a few months ago on a return and I did get Two balance slips.
But basically you get back your rewards to use again.

zmaster said:   Has anyone try using these 25% off that expired 11/21, should work today.

25% off One Item (excludes monitors, computers, Nook/Kindle, gcs, HP-Epson Ink and more exclsn. those are the main ones)
Five Digit code 86538, 42171

Replying to my own question. The 25% did not work, shows "Coupon Expired."

On a positive side: I was able to use 2 - 20%off Q that expires 11/30 in same transaction (one time use IP from a month ago). I bought the McAfee & Kasperskey in one transaction. First q took off $12 from Kasperskey, second Q took off $10.80 from McAfee, then used my Rewards check.

It's amazing what some people will do for $5.

VivYip said:   kapersky and McAfee FAR titles are availabe online... (nice way to convert rewards) limit 1 each

now, it's just amtter of my mood if i really want to venture into the evershrinking crowd for the paper and the batteries....probably not

5 minutes in and out @ 11 o clock. Nobody in line, huge racks of batteries with a ton of stock.

bought my FAR software online, saved 5+ hours of sleep.

got a 5/25 coupon, so here's hoping FAR batteries next week?

NeuroSynapsis said:   got a 5/25 coupon, so here's hoping FAR batteries next week?Yes to FARewards batteries next week. FYI - the $5/$25 will reduce OOP and rewards.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   It's amazing what some people will do for $5.

I think the Staples game is to do with cashing out rewards, not making $5. Its more like 500-1000$++ a year, per account

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   got a 5/25 coupon, so here's hoping FAR batteries next week?Yes to FARewards batteries next week. FYI - the $5/$25 will reduce OOP and rewards.

not a problem, need duracell receipts for $25 GC.

thanks for the heads up though.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   It's amazing what some people will do for $5.

True Fat Wallet spirit...

I bought the Omnitech 12 sheet shredder (fiancee is a special ed teacher and the school's shredder just broke down and they can't afford to replace it... she needs to shred lots of confidential legal stuff) and two of the photo papers. I used the 25% off any shredder mobile app coupon and a $10 off $75 mobile app coupon. Needed filler (found something for $0.50) to hit $75 after the 25%. Came to:
Shredder: 44.99 after 25%
Photo paper: 29.98
filler: 0.50
-
total: 75.47 - 10 = 65.47. Paid all in rewards, no tax. Get back rebates of $35 + $29.98 = 64.98. Cost me $0.49 after rebates.

Also got 2 batteries using $4/2 manufacturer's coupon as a separate transaction.

Tomorrow I plan to get Kaspersky + 2 more photo papers, using 20% off software $40+ mobile app coupon and another $10 off $75. Will pay for that mostly rewards, only a few dollars OOP. That'll be a nice $21+ moneymaker.

I did one more GC deal tonight. Bought a $200 VC gc. $5/$25 coupon printed. Rolled it. Another $5/$25 printed. Rolled for 5 transactions total and each time a coupon printed. I suspect the reason I got one each transaction was because I wasn't using my Rewards card and register thought I was a new customer each time.

Sale extended throughout Saturday (while supplies last).

I got two $5 off coupons on Friday. The codes are identical. The first coupon printed out when I used my reward to buy those paper. The second coupon printed out when I bought the visa gift card (I did not give my reward # this time).

my4mainecoons said:   I did one more GC deal tonight. Bought a $200 VC gc. $5/$25 coupon printed. Rolled it. Another $5/$25 printed. Rolled for 5 transactions total and each time a coupon printed. I suspect the reason I got one each transaction was because I wasn't using my Rewards card and register thought I was a new customer each time.

If you didn't give your reward # when checking out, wouldn't there be an issue when filing for rebate?

focusfocus said:   my4mainecoons said:   I did one more GC deal tonight. Bought a $200 VC gc. $5/$25 coupon printed. Rolled it. Another $5/$25 printed. Rolled for 5 transactions total and each time a coupon printed. I suspect the reason I got one each transaction was because I wasn't using my Rewards card and register thought I was a new customer each time.

If you didn't give your reward # when checking out, wouldn't there be an issue when filing for rebate?

not at all

focusfocus said:   

And even if you did give the reward # of one person, a different person could submit for the rebate, with or without their own reward #. The problem can arise if one is getting a reward back. Then one either gives it at the register, or enters it on-line later.

focusfocus said:   my4mainecoons said:   I did one more GC deal tonight. Bought a $200 VC gc. $5/$25 coupon printed. Rolled it. Another $5/$25 printed. Rolled for 5 transactions total and each time a coupon printed. I suspect the reason I got one each transaction was because I wasn't using my Rewards card and register thought I was a new customer each time.

The retail system is not linked to the rebate system except for transaction id, sku, quantity and amount. You could have used cash to pay w/o a rewards number and still submitted a rebate. And rewards have nothing to do with rebates.

mathfaster said:   focusfocus said:   my4mainecoons said:   I did one more GC deal tonight. Bought a $200 VC gc. $5/$25 coupon printed. Rolled it. Another $5/$25 printed. Rolled for 5 transactions total and each time a coupon printed. I suspect the reason I got one each transaction was because I wasn't using my Rewards card and register thought I was a new customer each time.

The retail system is not linked to the rebate system except for transaction id, sku, quantity and amount. You could have used cash to pay w/o a rewards number and still submitted a rebate. And rewards have nothing to do with rebates.

Exactly. Rewards and rebates have nothing to do with each other.
I have Premier and even if I didn't, gift card purchases don't count towards Premier status.
Having cashier scan the Rewards card prior to each gc transaction does nothing but add one more step and lengthen the line of people waiting behind you.
I only rolled gc's when there was no line but by the time I was done they'd usually called for a SA to open another register.

The biggest advantage to not having scanned my card was that I ended up w/ 5 $5/$25 receipt coupons.
Yesterday bought KIS & McAfee and paid w/ Rewards, $5/$25 coupon and balance on a Staples gc. Followed that by getting photo paper paid for w/Rewards, $5/$25 coupon & Staples gc.
Today I'll get batteries paying w/ manufacturer coupon and $5/$25 coupon.
I could get more software, not use my Rewards card, use a $5/$25 coupon and have a friend submit a rebate.
I won't get more batteries because those are Free after Rewards, not Free After Rebate.

my4mainecoons said:   
I have Premier and even if I didn't, gift card purchases don't count towards Premier status.
Having cashier scan the Rewards card prior to each gc transaction does nothing but add one more step and lengthen the line of people waiting behind you.
I only rolled gc's when there was no line but by the time I was done they'd usually called for a SA to open another register.

The biggest advantage to not having scanned my card was that I ended up w/ 5 $5/$25 receipt coupons.
Yesterday bought KIS & McAfee and paid w/ Rewards, $5/$25 coupon and balance on a Staples gc. Followed that by getting photo paper paid for w/Rewards, $5/$25 coupon & Staples gc.
I could get more software, not use my Rewards card, use a $5/$25 coupon and have a friend submit a rebate.
I won't get more batteries because those are Free after Rewards, not Free After Rebate.

I thought to give the reward membership # so the rebate form will print and maybe in their system somehow link the rebate to the account, but I guess as long as we know the offer # or can search it on rebate site to file for the rebate.

If I did give my rewards #, but used a different account to file for rebate, would that link the two accounts together?

my4mainecoons said:   

I thought to give the reward membership # so the rebate form will print and maybe in their system somehow link the rebate to the account, but I guess as long as we know the offer # or can search it on rebate site to file for the rebate.

If I did give my rewards #, but used a different account to file for rebate, would that link the two accounts together?

Rewards card not needed for Rebate form to print at register.
While not linked there's always a chance, so if doing more than one of a "limit X per customer" rebate its best not to use your Rewards card once you've exceeded your limit.

focusfocus said:   

As stated earlier, there is no problem doing so. Your Rebate submission is not connected to any Rewards Account. Even if you tried, you couldn't connect them.

My Kapersky rebate is showing as "Invalid." I just ordered it and the McAfee FAR item online using rewards for the majority. Should I wait or contact them now? Any idea why it got flagged as invalid?

dukerau said:   My Kapersky rebate is showing as "Invalid." I just ordered it and the McAfee FAR item online using rewards for the majority. Should I wait or contact them now? Any idea why it got flagged as invalid?Maybe you entered the information incorrectly on their site? Since you said you ordered online (boxed copy?) it would not likely validate until tomorrow, anyway.

dukerau said:   My Kapersky rebate is showing as "Invalid." I just ordered it and the McAfee FAR item online using rewards for the majority. Should I wait or contact them now? Any idea why it got flagged as invalid?

No offense, but did you get the one user or the 3 user?

my4mainecoons said:   dukerau said:   My Kapersky rebate is showing as "Invalid." I just ordered it and the McAfee FAR item online using rewards for the majority. Should I wait or contact them now? Any idea why it got flagged as invalid?

No offense, but did you get the one user or the 3 user?

None taken. 1 user. Is it possible it shows invalidated now and will show as Valid at a later date?

If you enter the rebate too early, and the product does not ship for many days, the rebate would become invalid because it has not received the transaction yet. It should fix itself after the product is shipped (delivered?). I usually do not submit rebate until the order status is delivered.

For the Staples QuickBooks, they ask for the Payroll service key, which i am buying this just for a gift, i don't own a company, how can i get the key?

thanks

houwac said:   For the Staples QuickBooks, they ask for the Payroll service key, which i am buying this just for a gift, i don't own a company, how can i get the key?Has anyone figured out exactly what they are looking for?

billrubin said:   houwac said:   For the Staples QuickBooks, they ask for the Payroll service key, which i am buying this just for a gift, i don't own a company, how can i get the key?Has anyone figured out exactly what they are looking for?I thought this was answered. They screwed up the form and it should be Customer ID.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014