• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

officemax
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think I'll email OM and complain. I should have forced the cashier the ring it up.. but I wasn't sure if they had to m... (more)

billrubin (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 11:10p) |

The ad says "limit 35 cards per store unless prohibited by law".

My store had limit of 3 per person.

c3 (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 1:44a) |

The store my son went to at 1am limited him to 1 and had them at the register with none on the display. The ad said the ... (more)

billrubin (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 9:11p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Office Max never fails to disappoint on Black Friday!

Windows 8 for $30 after rewards isn't bad if you don't mind getting $30 in rewards (I do). The free gift card with Kindle purchase looks to be very close to fraudulent advertising to me, given the size of the "FREE" font vs. the rest of the section.

Poor employees who will have to get up early to go to an empty store. At least it will be easier on them than those going to work at Best Buy.

Free Kindle fire HD is pretty hot. It will keep the people in line warm. Wonder if it will be available online.

billrubin said:   Windows 8 for $30 after rewards isn't bad if you don't mind getting $30 in rewards (I do). The free gift card with Kindle purchase looks to be very close to fraudulent advertising to me, given the size of the "FREE" font vs. the rest of the section.

Poor employees who will have to get up early to go to an empty store. At least it will be easier on them than those going to work at Best Buy.

I guarantee that will piss off quite a few people.

fatxman said:   Free Kindle fire HD is pretty hot. It will keep the people in line warm. Wonder if it will be available online.

What??? Where???

fatxman said:   Free Kindle fire HD is pretty hot. It will keep the people in line warm. Wonder if it will be available online.
I read free $25 gift card with a purchase of a Kindle Fire HD for $199.

Make about $9 after activation fee.....

$100 MC or VISA prepaid cards for $85 + $6 activation.

limit 1

MISTERCHEAP said:   Make about $9 after activation fee.....

limit 1
The $15 off $50 itunes gift card isn't bad, either. Usually you only get $10 off $50.

They have the Duracell batteries if Staples doesn't do enough in total for the rebate deal.

The Azpen 7 inch tablet is interesting because it claims it has Google Play installed. I went to the Azpen website and there it also claims it has google play installed. Almost no sub $99/$129 tablets come with google play. You have to run a hack it get it on there.

Can you recycle you MaxPerks with this?

f2000sa said:   $100 MC or VISA prepaid cards for $85 + $6 activation.

Can you recycle you MaxPerks with this?

Unfortunately, you can't buy GC with rewards anymore.

Ho...Ho...Ho...HUM

so no FAR to cash out/roll rewards??

vickh said:   so no FAR to cash out/roll rewards??

batteries

Thanks MrCodeDude

Where is the batteries deal? Maybe I am blind, but I don't see it in the ad.

Never mind, missed it the 1st time.

limit 1

Last year the 2 stores in my area didnt honor the 1 limit so i cleaned both out.

I just noticed that the $249.99 Notebook on the frontpage requires an additional $50 or more purchase.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Make about $9 after activation fee.....

limit 1
The $15 off $50 itunes gift card isn't bad, either. Usually you only get $10 off $50.

do you know what's the limit on itunes gc deal?

limit 1

the ad says $15 reward per customer, this $15 comes as OfficeMax rewards or just $15 off?

anyone know?

Jasonlh1 said:   I just noticed that the $249.99 Notebook on the frontpage requires an additional $50 or more purchase.

Buy the CC for $85 + $6 making sure it rings up first and then use it to pay for part of the notebook.

c3 said:   vickh said:   so no FAR to cash out/roll rewards??

batteries

online?

Does anyone know what time on Thanksgiving the deals will be available online? Thx!

comrade4 said:   Does anyone know what time on Thanksgiving the deals will be available online? Thx!
6 AM (EST).

SpeedDragon

sunspotzsz said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Make about $9 after activation fee.....

limit 1

the ad says $15 reward per customer, this $15 comes as OfficeMax rewards or just $15 off?

anyone know?

Just rings up as 85 bucks, no rewards of mail in to deal with.

Yet another reason why OfficeMax sucks: Went to a different store today, they still had the $100 Mastercards on the shelf. Went to buy it, after asking what the limit was and having the cashier ask a manager type, I was told that it was no longer on sale. I pointed out that it was advertised for both days, and I was told that it was only a limited quantity. So even though they still had them in stock, they would not honor the sale price.

Naturally the store was much emptier than Staples.

^They clearly should have been on sale today as part of the 2-day sale if they had stock. I was there early this morning in between my AMEX small business shopping. All of the 100 dollar visas and mastercards were gone. Manager said it was one of the best deals and went fast on Fri. Picked up the batteries and left.

maddybeagle said:   ^They clearly should have been on sale today as part of the 2-day sale if they had stock. I was there early this morning in between my AMEX small business shopping. All of the 100 dollar visas and mastercards were gone. Manager said it was one of the best deals and went fast on Fri. Picked up the batteries and left.I think I'll email OM and complain. I should have forced the cashier the ring it up.. but I wasn't sure if they had to manually enter the coupon code.

The ad says "limit 35 cards per store unless prohibited by law".

c3 said:   The ad says "limit 35 cards per store unless prohibited by law".

The store my son went to at 1am limited him to 1 and had them at the register with none on the display. The ad said the limit was 1, I believe.

It was still stupid of the store to have them on the gift card display during the sale if they weren't going to sell them for the sale price. It's like asking for angry customers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014