• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ripped from SD

It is Back.

Coinstar, Get $10 added to eGift card when u pour $40 or more Starts 11/26
Saw this in my Dec. 14, 2012 issue of ALL You Mag. on page 105

At Coinstar Machine It's a NO-FEE HOLIDAY GLEE: Get $10 added to your egift card for itunes, Old Navy, and Dell when you pour $40 or more. offer is valid November 26 - December 9, 2012

Fine print:
Availiable on participating machines in the US, D.C. and Puerto Rico. All brands not availiable on all machines. Not valid with any other offer. additional $10 only availiable on eGift Card. You will not receive $10 cash. eGift card including additional $10 subject to terms and conditions as printed on the voucher, which are set by the eGift issuer.

For complete info visit www.coinstar.com/specialoffers *However, it doesn't seem to be posted on their site as yet*

Member Summary

Get $10 added to eGift card when u pour $40 or more
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Amazon is not participating this year

DaysFan (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 11:04a) |

And by the way Claymore, it doesnt take that long to count change. Random loose change ($50 worth) is counted in about 3... (more)

surfologist (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 11:17a) |

No Amazon, No care

opathal (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 11:58a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder if it will include Amazon?

I got $10 every year on Amazon gift card.

It includes grocery. And I definitely will use it there.

I've never used a coinstar machine. Do they charge a fee for counting coins? And how do I get an egift card? Do I have to sign up for one through their site?

They charge a fee for getting cash (like 9% I think, egads) but not for eGift cards like Amazon. You "sign up" if you want email confirms and offers at the machine. It prints the CODE out on your receipt, take that home and type it into Amazon, etc.

I take my change in every so often and use the credit to fuel my kindle fire. Sadly I just did this last week...doubt I will have $40 in change by DEC 9th, but I might make it a lunch change challenge.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I *NEED* reminders!

so i can goto the bank, get $80 in quarters and get $100 in GC for Amazon?

Usorry said:   It includes grocery. And I definitely will use it there.

Giant grocery store in my area is one of the retailers that you can choose to get a gift card for and the chain allows you to buy other store gift cards with Giant store gift cards. They have gas, Visa and McDonalds just to name a few!

Time to start 'cashing' my checks into quarters!!

miserly said:   so i can goto the bank, get $80 in quarters and get $100 in GC for Amazon?

That's exactly what I'm thinking...

JHO5 said:   miserly said:   so i can goto the bank, get $80 in quarters and get $100 in GC for Amazon?

I was thinking the same thing and yes Amazon.com is on it, Along with Giant... I'm in for a few

Thanks Op

Awhile back they had a deal to buy an Amazon card and get an itunes card. I was able to just put cash in the machine and buy my gift card. No need to bother with all the coins. I don't think they all take cash though. Check the website for ones in your area that take cash.

bb6619 said:   JHO5 said:   miserly said:   so i can goto the bank, get $80 in quarters and get $100 in GC for Amazon?
I was thinking the same thing and yes Amazon.com is on it, Along with Giant... I'm in for a few
Thanks Op

Yeah. Here's the math:

$80 in quarters = $80.00
Less 9% fee = -$7.20
Plus Amazon Spiff = $20.00
----------
Nets you: $92.80

The machine will take, oh... about an hour to count $80 worth of quarters, then you'll have to screw around with their gift card process. Oh, and before you start, be sure to verify the machine you have found is parrt of the promotion 'cause some aren't. Oh, and you'll need more than $80 in quarters 'cause for no apparent reason the machine will not accept some of them.....

If you really hump it, you muight make minimum wage!

Claymore said:   
Yeah. Here's the math:

$80 in quarters = $80.00
Less 9% fee = -$7.20
----------

Your math is off. If they take the money in an e-gift card, there is no fee involved.

put two $20 bills in a machine that has a dollar bill acceptor. worked in the past..

I still have some dollar coins from the mint to recycle. This should work perfectly.

Glacierwolf said:   Claymore said:   
Yeah. Here's the math:

$80 in quarters = $80.00
Less 9% fee = -$7.20
----------

Your math is off. If they take the money in an e-gift card, there is no fee involved.

that's what i understood from the DEAL, there's no fee with e-gift cards. hence net +$20. if you can use the cash option, it would be a no brainer...

Claymore said:   Yeah. Here's the math:

$80 in quarters = $80.00
Less NO fee = -$0.00
----------
Nets you: $20.00 profit

The machine will take, oh... about an 2 minutes to count $80 worth of Dollar coins, then you'll have to screw around with their gift card process. Oh, and before you start, be sure to verify the machine you have found is part of the promotion 'cause almost all of them are.. Oh, and you'll need more than $80 in quarters 'cause for no apparent reason the machine will not accept some of them.....Perhaps, however, 99% of valid coins are accepted. Bring one or two extra just in case

If you really hump it, you muight make $20 for 10 minutes of your time that you would have spent making $0

Fixed it for you.

Claymore said:   

Yeah. Here's the math:

$80 in quarters = $80.00
Less 9% fee = -$7.20
----------

The machine will take, oh... about an hour to count $80 worth of quarters, then you'll have to screw around with their gift card process. Oh, and before you start, be sure to verify the machine you have found is parrt of the promotion 'cause some aren't. Oh, and you'll need more than $80 in quarters 'cause for no apparent reason the machine will not accept some of them.....

If you really hump it, you might make minimum wage!

As others have pointed out there is 0% fee on exchanges to gift cards. Also most coin stars are in grocery stores/supermarkets so unless you never go to a supermarket (eat out all the time) the 3-5 minutes it takes to do this is well worth it.

I have a small quarter candy vending machine that I was given as a gift. I set it up in my work place and make a few hundred dollars profit from it every year. Most of the banks around me charge a 3-5% fee for coin counting (even for members), so I use coinstar 6-7 times a year. The most I have exchanged was $155 in quarters... it took about 8-10 minutes total and only had 1 Canadian coin rejected.

I received a 'sneak peek' email from Coinstar with this direct link to the promotion.

http://www.coinstar.com/Default.aspx?TabId=652

Started today, no Amazon this year.

last day is tomorrow

anonguy said:   I wonder if it will include Amazon?

Amazon is not participating this year

And by the way Claymore, it doesnt take that long to count change. Random loose change ($50 worth) is counted in about 30 seconds.

I might take some quarters into that baby for some Amazon money too.

No Amazon, No care

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014