• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

kayak (6.57kB)
Disclaimer
Perception Sport Pescador 12 Kayak $426 Shipped from Amazon HERE
This price is only for the yellow color. Make sure to pick it from the options to see the price. The red is $581.

I got two of these earlier this year and they are wonderful fishing and recreational kayaks. Handle rough water well and track straight as an arrow. Been out to places I really didn't think I would feel comfortable going and feel very secure in this boat. Don't hesitate the prices can jump back up very quickly.

These are re branded 2008 Wildeness System Tarpon 120s that sold for close to a $1000, a used Tarpon will cost you more. May be the lowest price ever.

I'll let one of the more knowledgeable reviewers from Amazon explain a little more.
This kayak is by far the best deal on a high end kayak out there today...it's one of the few kayaks out there that is at a price point that let's starter's and people on a budget get into the sport but at the same time is such a high quality and nice yak that you don't realy ever need to upgrade from it In the kayak market it's almost always an all or nothing type of deal.....you either pay a grand or close to it (sometimes much more) to get a nice kayak that gives a person high quality and lots of versatility or you can go the cheaper route that gets you on the water in a hurry but usualy with the cheaper kayaks the build quality suffer's and they usualy under perform which in turn makes you want to upgrade making you wish you spent the extra bit the first time around.

With the Pescador it's unique in that it put's you in the high end side in the kayak world without the price...

The best thing about this kayak is that it is actualy a re-named 2008 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 with...it...the good thing about buying from Gander Mountain is you get quite a few choices in what color you want....my favorite being the "sand color" but on the flip side this is not a safe color to have on the water.

West Marine also sells this kayak occasianly and will match any competitor's price...West Marine also sells another kayak that is made by confluence that is identical in design to the tarpon 120/pescador called a "pompano 120"....comes with nice accessories like anchor system,extra rod holders,scupper plugs etc but unfortunatly does not come with the nice pescador seat...but still it's good to keep in mind the West Marine option in case you cannot find the pescador anymore.

I hope you all can have the opportunity to purchase this great yak as word has it that it will be taken off the market to satisfy kayak specialty stores who have been upset for loosing sales of there much more expensive Tarpon 120's they are trying to sell because of the Pescadore.
Tight lines everyone

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Perception Sport Pescador 12 (6.57kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014