Refurb Ipad 2 (16GB) back in stock $319

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Don't forget ShopDiscover & 5% Discover CashBack.

White & Black both in stock

Apple Store
See Apple Store coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yes...WalMart is a discount store. However, WalMart.com is an online store that qualifies for 5% Discover CashBack.

docjoo (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 8:04p) |

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB - White (3rd generation) looks beautiful. The price is also okay.

aipai (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 8:43p) |

Yes it is always this way for the cycling 5% CashBack. Same thing goes when there was 5% on gas. Buying gas at Sam's o... (more)

corpse101 (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 9:29p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ordered .......... Thanks OP

Retina display for $60 more? I'd probably prefer that. Also, with iOS 6, you can get SIRI with the old New iPad, not the case with iPad2. May not matter to some.

siraloz said:   Retina display for $60 more? I'd probably prefer that. Also, with iOS 6, you can get SIRI with the old New iPad, not the case with iPad2. May not matter to some.

You are right Sir, This is just for my kid for watch Netflix , so high tech wont matter.

If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

$399 for New Apple iPad2 16GB with $75 WalMart Gift Card

I think we all know by now that an Apple refurb is a solid bet, as they give the full warranty and provide a new shell and battery, but getting new instead of refurbished for only $5 more (assuming a $75 WalMart gift card is worthwhile to you) seems like a no-brainer to me.

Personally, I agree with siraloz, refurbished iPad 3rd generation for $379 seems like the best deal.

The new iPad 4 for $499 is the worst deal!

ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

I think we all know by now that an Apple refurb is a solid bet, as they give the full warranty and provide a new shell and battery, but getting new instead of refurbished for only $5 more (assuming a $75 WalMart gift card is worthwhile to you) seems like a no-brainer to me.

Personally, I agree with siraloz, refurbished iPad 3rd generation for $379 seems like the best deal.

ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

I think I'd rather pay the extra $5 to NOT have to deal with BF crowds OR WalMart shoppers.

Depending on the taxes in your state

Tax in 319 should be a few bucks different than tax on 399, so the difference may be more than five bucks, fwiw

For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

I spent a couple of hours in the past three weeks looking through forum posts comparing 10" tablets to 7" ones. I was particularly interested in the opinion of people that actually owned both sizes. About 80% of people of those people said that although they did like both sizes of tablet, their smaller one gets far more use.

I was leaning toward purchasing a 10" tablet and ended up buying a 7" just for this reason. I'm glad I did.

nwrain said:   For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

I spent a couple of hours in the past three weeks looking through forum posts comparing 10" tablets to 7" ones. I was particularly interested in the opinion of people that actually owned both sizes. About 80% of people of those people said that although they did like both sizes of tablet, their smaller one gets far more use.

I was leaning toward purchasing a 10" tablet and ended up buying a 7" just for this reason. I'm glad I did.

I have Kindle fire but my kid wants bigger screen for Netflix

vijujoshi said:   siraloz said:   Retina display for $60 more? I'd probably prefer that. Also, with iOS 6, you can get SIRI with the old New iPad, not the case with iPad2. May not matter to some.

You are right Sir, This is just for my kid for watch Netflix , so high tech wont matter.

Definitely one lucky kid.

suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

I think I'd rather pay the extra $5 to NOT have to deal with BF crowds OR WalMart shoppers.

I hear you but this is one of three products that are guaranteed to be in stock during the one hour Thanksgiving night or you get a raincheck-equivalent for it. So as long as you go to WalMart during that hour, you will get the deal. Interesting approach and I am guessing Apple and WalMart teamed up together to blow out iPad2 inventory as they wind it down and the iPad mini fills that product slot.

WalMart is best place to FLUSH the garbage..............

69ragtop said:   suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

I hear you but this is one of three products that are guaranteed to be in stock during the one hour Thanksgiving night or you get a raincheck-equivalent for it. So as long as you go to WalMart during that hour, you will get the deal. Interesting approach and I am guessing Apple and WalMart teamed up together to blow out iPad2 inventory as they wind it down and the iPad mini fills that product slot.

With some quick math I've come up with this.

Buying from Apple for $319, adding tax, subtracting Discover CB, I get $329.

Buying from WalMart for $399, adding tax, subtracting GC, I get $356.

Buying from Apple, I can do it in my panties online.

Buying from WalMart, I have to get dressed and deal with BF shoppers, then get the privilege of paying $27 more to do so, in addition to having to spend my $75 GC @ their store.

and before you throw in that some people don't have a Discover card to use. The Apple Store deal still comes out $11 cheaper without Discover CB.

NO THANKS!

Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

Order at WalMart website during Black Friday sales event. No crowds to deal with.

suezyque said:   69ragtop said:   suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

Buying from WalMart, I have to get dressed and deal with BF shoppers, then get the privilege of paying $27 more to do so, in addition to having to spend my $75 GC @ their store.

and before you throw in that some people don't have a Discover card to use. The Apple Store deal still comes out $11 cheaper without Discover CB.

NO THANKS!

Here is the reason why you wasted your time doing an useless calculation. You can buy it online at WalMart during Black Friday Event....even wearing just your panties.

docjoo said:   suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

Order at WalMart website during Black Friday sales event. No crowds to deal with.

You probably missed the part where the WM deal is $27 more than the Apple deal. I can also buy the Apple deal today, not 2 weeks from now.

vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

Calculate FW Cash Back and Discover card Cash Back.....WalMart is a better deal since you get brand new one versus refurbished. You have to be real donkey to pay similar price for a refurbished unit when you can buy brand new on online during Black Friday.

suezyque said:   docjoo said:   suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

You probably missed the part where the WM deal is $27 more than the Apple deal. I can also buy the Apple deal today, not 2 weeks from now.

You are forgetting FW CashBack....and that u are buying a brand new one....not refurbished unit that someone returned. If you waited over 2 years to buy iPad 2, what's another two weeks. WalMart is better deal since you get a brand new one.

docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

Calculate FW Cash Back and Discover card Cash Back.....WalMart is a better deal since you get brand new one versus refurbished. You have to be real donkey to pay similar price for a refurbished unit when you can buy brand new on online during Black Friday.

You can't combine the 2% from FW CB with 5% CB from Discover. An Apple refurb is as good as new. New shell and battery, plus the same 1 yr. warranty. Keep trying.

Plus I have to visit 10 more time to WalMart to spend my $75

spend on gas / time & $5 on tax when I buy $75 stuff

suezyque said:   docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

You can't combine the 2% from FW CB with 5% CB from Discover. An Apple refurb is as good as new. New shell and battery, plus the same 1 yr. warranty. Keep trying.

I support you and your panties

anaheimhill said:   The new iPad 4 for $499 is the worst deal!

It depends. If you are a performance junkie, the iPad 4 is 2x faster than iPad 3 in benchmark.

nwrain said:   For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

This.

I own ipad3 and a Nexus 7, and my usage is such that both of them can satisfy my tablet needs 100%. The Nexus 7 gets far more use than the ipad. Once you try them both for a few weeks and compare the experience, the smaller sized tablet wins, hands down.

So, the $329 ipad mini is a better deal.

suezyque said:   docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

Yes you can combine FW and Discover cashbacks. Discover gives 5% CashBack on online purchase until December. You do not have to purchase from Discover link. Use FW link and you will get both cashbacks.

Muley said:   suezyque said:   docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

I support you and your panties

Nasty...but to each his own.

Is this really cheap? I mean this is refurb and 2models back

foghorn19 said:   nwrain said:   For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

This.

I own ipad3 and a Nexus 7, and my usage is such that both of them can satisfy my tablet needs 100%. The Nexus 7 gets far more use than the ipad. Once you try them both for a few weeks and compare the experience, the smaller sized tablet wins, hands down.

So you think iPad mini is better deal than Nexus 7? Just purchased Nexus 7 32GB for less than $190 via RadioShack deal (posted on FW two days ago). I have iPad 2 so don't need a mini. $190 Nexus 7 is better deal for me. Giving it to my kid for Christmas.

docjoo said:   suezyque said:   docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

Yes you can combine FW and Discover cashbacks. Discover gives 5% CashBack on online purchase until December. You do not have to purchase from Discover link. Use FW link and you will get both cashbacks.

Read the fine print... 5% not valid on discount store purchases. Try again.

Sign up to earn 5% CashBack Bonus for Department store and online purchases from 10/1/12 (or the date on which you sign up, whichever is later) through 12/31/12, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/12 and do not count towards determining your eligibility to earn 1%. Purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, or discount stores are not eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details.

suezyque said:   docjoo said:   suezyque said:   docjoo said:   vijujoshi said:   Agree with you 100% "suezyque".

Read the fine print... 5% not valid on discount store purchases.

Fine print:
* Earn 5% CashBack Bonus for Department store and online purchases from 10/1/12 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/12, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/12 and do not count towards determining your eligibility to earn 1%. Purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, or discount stores are not eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details.

To make sure, I called Discover and confirmed that all online purchases (even at WalMart.com) will get 5%CashBack. 5% CashBack is not valid if you walk into WalMart and make a purchase. Here is the number to Discover (800)347-2683. Ask yourself.

I did call. WalMart is considered a discount store and is therefore ineligible for the 5%.

WalMart BF Topic

Well then this deal is worth $10 more to you!

foghorn19 said:   nwrain said:   For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

This.

The iPad mini and other 7 inch tablets are a compromise that are great values, but I still like my full size iPad most of the time. Where the small tablets shine are when mobile or using a very long time. For most uses sitting on the living room couch, the larger screen wins out.

If you plan on using your Discover Card for the 5% online purchases promo (Oct-Dec), isn't it more beneficial to stack it with the 5% ShopDiscover rather than FW 1%?

HTN said:   If you plan on using your Discover Card for the 5% online purchases promo (Oct-Dec), isn't it more beneficial to stack it with the 5% ShopDiscover rather than FW 1%?

Yes did it ......... let's see how many I get back.

HTN said:   If you plan on using your Discover Card for the 5% online purchases promo (Oct-Dec), isn't it more beneficial to stack it with the 5% ShopDiscover rather than FW 1%?

In theory you should be able to stack the Discover 5% CB at Apple Store with the 5% CB from the Discover online purchases promo.

docjoo said:   foghorn19 said:   nwrain said:   For people trying to figure out what size tablet to buy:

This.

So you think iPad mini is better deal than Nexus 7? Just purchased Nexus 7 32GB for less than $190 via RadioShack deal (posted on FW two days ago). I have iPad 2 so don't need a mini. $190 Nexus 7 is better deal for me. Giving it to my kid for Christmas.

Find out which one has more/better apps for the kid. My guess is that the ipad has more than the Nexus. That swings the decision in favor of the ipad mini (but please check for the specific apps for your child's interests).

However, if the software is not a big differentiator, then go with the Nexus for better price.

Perhaps it's possible to give the ipad2 to the child, keep the Nexus for yourself and entirely skip the purchase of a third tablet. But I guess that idea belongs in FWF and not on this forum

docjoo said:   suezyque said:   69ragtop said:   suezyque said:   ChinaRider said:   If you don't need it right this moment and don't mind dealing with Black Friday fiascoes, this seems to be a better deal for regular WalMart customers:

WalMart BF Topic

NO THANKS!

Here is the reason why you wasted your time doing an useless calculation. You can buy it online at WalMart during Black Friday Event....even wearing just your panties.

I've watched the "people of WalMart" videos on youtube... You can still get one instore on BF in your panties... Pictures please?

Skipping 4 Messages...
docjoo said:   suezyque said:   I did call. WalMart is considered a discount store and is therefore ineligible for the 5%.

Yes...WalMart is a discount store. However, WalMart.com is an online store that qualifies for 5% Discover CashBack.

Yes it is always this way for the cycling 5% CashBack. Same thing goes when there was 5% on gas. Buying gas at Sam's or Costco (ineligible for the 1% in the fine print) get the full 5% for the qtr, up to the limit. This qtrs Online 5% is the same, WalMart.com, costco.com etc all count.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.