• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You never know when a set of these will come in handy.

Kobalt 7-Piece SAE or Metric 3/8-in Drive 12-Point Flex Socket Set. Was $34.97, now $14.97. Choose in store pickup to save on shipping. Don't forget 2% CashBack from Lowes.

Member Summary

sockets
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Aren't 12-point sockets NOT as versatile as 6-point sockets? I just know through physics that the surface area of using a 6-point is enhanced thereby grabbing onto the hex nut/bolt is much stronger without slippage. I actually rounded an important exhaust bolt and had to buy a new bolt and fix the hole with a Heli-coil kit.

Any other views regarding 12-point sockets?

CheapToGo said:   Aren't 12-point sockets NOT as versatile as 6-point sockets? I just know through physics that the surface area of using a 6-point is enhanced thereby grabbing onto the hex nut/bolt is much stronger without slippage. I actually rounded an important exhaust bolt and had to buy a new bolt and fix the hole with a Heli-coil kit.

Any other views regarding 12-point sockets?

Both have their uses. I have both. Mostly I use 12 pt. Unless I need a very strong grip, or I have a extra large nut or bolt.

Google '12 pt sockets vs 6 pt' for more answers to your question.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014