• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
humble

From the site:



Six glorious games for your mobile entertainment. Humble Bundle for Android 4 features a handpicked selection of the finest portable gaming ever seen for Android. Pay-what-you-want and dive into the creative physics puzzler Crayon Physics Deluxe; the plant-based interstellar RTS Eufloria; the cell-splitting microbial puzzler Splice; the future-retro audiovisual concoction Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP; and the side-scrolling planetary adventure, Waking Mars. Customers who pay more than the average price will also get the fantastic mechanical point-and-click adventure Machinarium!

Desktop ready. Buying the Humble Bundle for Android 4 also gets you the games on Windows, Mac, and Linux! For your listening pleasure, all six games also come with an official soundtrack.

Pay what you want. On their own, buying this unbeatable collection of mobile and desktop games with soundtracks would cost around $119, but we're letting you name your price!

The games are DRM-free and work great on Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. Note that this is the initial release for many of the Android and Linux versions of the games. Please be patient while the developers fix any 1.0 bugs as quickly as they can, and don't hesitate to contact us if you run into any issues!

Support charities and developers. Choose how your purchase is divided: to the developers, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and/or the Child's Play Charity. And if you like this promotion, a tip to the Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!



OUCH! Some of the file sizes on these are ridiculous!

Crayon Physics - 39.8MB
Efloria - HD 47.4MB
Machinarium - 160.8MB
Splice - 284.8MB
Super brothers - 188.2MB
Walking Mars - 226.6MB

I haven't started playing any of them yet. However, if anyone has questions about gameplay I'll gladly shirk my work responsibilities and check into it!

Member Summary

humblebundle
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Edit

Note that if you pay at least $1 for the bundle, you'll also get Steam keys for all the game, except for Walking Mars, which isn't on Steam yet.

You can vote to get Walking Mars on Steam via Steam Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92975821

If it gets added to Steam, Steam keys will be added to this bundle.

For anyone who hasn't played Machinarium, it's WELL worth it. I love puzzle type single-player games, and this one will test your noggin. Glad to see it's on Android now.

says minimum of $5.84 to unlock "Machinarium"

bhavin66 said:   says minimum of $5.84 to unlock "Machinarium"

Yep, they do that with every bundle. It's up there embedded in my OP:
"Customers who pay more than the average price will also get the fantastic mechanical point-and-click adventure Machinarium!"

And...they almost always add one more game to the unlock list at some point in the event. I am pretty sure you get the new additions even if you bought early on.

EDIT: I don't like playing Machinarium on my phone (SGS3), it's way too small to see anything. Looks like it will have to be a tablet/desktop game. I LOVE the concept of crayon physics and so far the game play. I only played the first few levels and already added it to my "currently playing" folder on my phone.

LOL The deal got red! Nice! I'd like to see the explanation of how getting 5 games for a penny could in any way NOT be a hot deal. Gotta love trolls!

Question: what value does the steam key add to this?
You already get direct download links for the Windows EXE. I donated more than average to get Machinarium, so I also have the key.

kdn102 said:   Question: what value does the steam key add to this?
Steam will store all your activated games on their server, meaning you don't have to save the installer yourself if you want to play it at a later date after uninstalling it (or getting a new PC and such). Some may view Steam as being more likely to be around in a decade than the Humble Bundle site.

Steam also handles the updating process for games in a pretty seamless manner. Much better than having to recheck the website every once in a while for a new version or patch.

Steam also includes a lot of online player features, such as friend lists, chatting, achievements, etc.
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/gameservices.php


There are those that like Steam as a service so much that they don't buy games that don't activate on the service, letting the service be their centralized hub for gaming.

this is a steal if only for 'sword and sorcery ep' which the developer said they would never bring to android

kdn102 said:   LOL The deal got red! Nice! I'd like to see the explanation of how getting 5 games for a penny could in any way NOT be a hot deal. Gotta love trolls!

Question: what value does the steam key add to this?
You already get direct download links for the Windows EXE. I donated more than average to get Machinarium, so I also have the key.


Paying a penny for the bundle doesn't help out the charities much, which is the whole point of the bundles. It's just greedy.

MrTweaker said:   Paying a penny for the bundle doesn't help out the charities much

My comment was about getting red for this not being a deal, not about what you should or should not pay.

MrTweaker said:   Paying a penny for the bundle doesn't help out the charities much, which is the whole point of the bundles. It's just greedy.
Why did you give the deal red? Nobody said you should only pay $0.01 for this deal, just that you could.

marsilies said:   kdn102 said:   Question: what value does the steam key add to this?
Steam will store all your activated games on their server, meaning you don't have to save the installer yourself if you want to play it at a later date after uninstalling it (or getting a new PC and such). Some may view Steam as being more likely to be around in a decade than the Humble Bundle site.

Steam also handles the updating process for games in a pretty seamless manner. Much better than having to recheck the website every once in a while for a new version or patch.

Steam also includes a lot of online player features, such as friend lists, chatting, achievements, etc.
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/gameservices.php


There are those that like Steam as a service so much that they don't buy games that don't activate on the service, letting the service be their centralized hub for gaming.
Convenient for sure, until their servers go down for whatever reason (power outage, earthquake, DNS failure, hackage, etc). It's better to be able to have a local, independent backup.

peas said:   Convenient for sure, until their servers go down for whatever reason (power outage, earthquake, DNS failure, hackage, etc). It's better to be able to have a local, independent backup.
You can play Steam games offline if you've set up the Steam client ahead of time.

However, the best thing about this bundle is that you can have both the Steam version of the game, as well as a DRM-free downloaded installer.

GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

How are games distributed? Via APK? If so, how do we get updates? It mentions that the games may be buggy and need updates.

Are we able to update through Google Play?

p.s.
I think (PC, Mac, Android) should be in the title. If I didn't have an android, I wouldn't even click on the link.

riznick said:   How are games distributed? Via APK? If so, how do we get updates?
They send you a URL with links to APK's and they have a special installer app (still in beta) that you can use.

riznick said:   Are we able to update through Google Play?
No. I believe that any updates to the apps are communicated via email. I know the first bundle I purchased had games added on as "extras" both for any contribution as well as those who broke the average. I received emails about those. I also received an update email for one of the games in the first bundle. However, I wonder how it is that I have 10 Humble Bundle games and only 1 was updated since purchase.

The humble bundle app says it has update notifications (I haven't tried it), here's a link to more info:
HB Installer

riznick said:   I think (PC, Mac, Android) should be in the title. If I didn't have an android, I wouldn't even click on the link.
Yeah, I had thought about adding that in, but since this is really targeted to Android users I didn't add it. However, I am pretty easy going, so I'll update the title for you.

kdn102 said:   I believe that any updates to the apps are communicated via email.
Humble Bundle does not send emails when a game is updated to a new version. This applies to all platforms (Android, Mac, Windows, Linux).

In order to check if an Android Game has a new version available, you have to go to you Humble Bundle account/key page, click on the Android tab, then click on "Show Android Binaries". If there's a date underneath the download link, the game has been updated since it first went on sale. Of the 22 Android apps that have been in Humble Bundles, 18 of them have had updates. Note that the mobile version of the Humble Bundle download page doesn't show the update date, so it's impossible to tell from it if there's a new version of a game.

The Humble Bundle app does have automatic update notifications:
HB Installer



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014