Target Black Friday Ad

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Only the front and back covers, full ad to follow soon!

http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-Preview

Member Summary

Target BF (113.16kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

Butcherboy (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 2:45a) |

Target's web site is saying that there are no stores within 100 miles of me, when there most definitely are several.

Did ... (more)

VirtuaL (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 7:20p) |

Did anyone see the Disney Princess doll and dress set in the Brave/Merida or Ariel dolls? I went to several different T... (more)

castleofmist (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 8:44p) |

• Also categorized in:

Not bad...

APEX 32" 1080p LCD HDTV = $147
XBOX 360 4GB Kinect Bundle = $199
Nikon L310 = $99.99
Nook Simpletouch E-Reader = $49

WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF. These sales are a joke. lol That goes for all retailers. Red for junk on sale.

LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

To the human eye, unless you sit 6-10" from your TV, no, there is no difference in 720 to 1080p on a 32" screen. Once you hit the 36-37" screen size range the difference is apparent from up to 12 feet away, and so on for bigger screens.

badboi said:   All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF. That goes for all retailers.
how is the Xbox 369 low grade?

badboi said:   All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF. That goes for all retailers.

Although, a 32" 1080p tv might make a decent computer monitor...hmm... tempted...

ebbikenezer said:   LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

To the human eye, unless you sit 6-10" from your TV, no, there is no difference in 720 to 1080p on a 32" screen. Once you hit the 36-37" screen size range the difference is apparent from up to 12 feet away, and so on for bigger screens.

bargainron said:   badboi said:   All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF. That goes for all retailers.

People still play video games?

LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

I agree with ebbikeneezer
720P is not really noticible on a 32 inch set no problem about the resolution/size issue.

I'd be more concerned about the issue of quality of emerson and whether even $148 is a good value when considering reliability

bargainron said:   badboi said:   All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF. That goes for all retailers.

It sounds like high grade pron

Best Xmas ever

I got an emerson 40 inch last year at WalMart for $248. The picture was terrible; too green and washed out, especially with old black and white shows. I spent an hour trying to get it right. Sold it and bought a Haier on cyber monday from Newegg. It has a much better picture.

These BF sites must be becoming sell outs... what only the first page fell off the truck. Then seems like there are less pdf version files as well.

Because it's not Xbox 360

jtw said:   Although, a 32" 1080p tv might make a decent computer monitor...hmm... tempted...Sometimes (usually?) the maximum resolution for a 1080p TV in computer monitor mode is closer to 720p, or 1368 x 768. Also I can't find the model number of that 32" Apex TV, and neither Target nor Apex list any 32" 1080p Apex, only a 720p. The "regular" price in the BF ad, $249.99, is the same as for the 32" 720p they sell.

OTOH Emerson is decent reliability because it's made by Funai, which also produces Philips/Magnavox and Sylvania.

badboi said:   All low grade models of electronics on sale during BF.Even at Fry's? When they leave out the name brand of a TV but say it's a famous brand, it always is a better quality brand, like Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, or L-G.

larrymoencurly said:   jtw said:   Although, a 32" 1080p tv might make a decent computer monitor...hmm... tempted...Sometimes (usually?) the maximum resolution for a 1080p TV in computer monitor mode is closer to 720p, or 1368 x 768. Also I can't find the model number of that 32" Apex TV, and neither Target nor Apex list any 32" 1080p Apex, only a 720p. The "regular" price in the BF ad, $249.99, is the same as for the 32" 720p they sell.

OTOH Emerson is decent reliability because it's made by Funai, which also produces Philips/Magnavox and Sylvania.

Mmmm, no. The maximum resolution for a 1080p, is 1920x1080. 1080p is fine for a monitor, but above 42" is not really going to have the graphics you'd expect from a PC, not to mention you want a good refresh rate and response time for PC. There's a ton of variables, but... really a 1080p is good for a monitor, and 720p is fine for a 32" for HD TV/movies. Outside of that: do your homework on the specs vs. what you're looking for (TV or monitor).

ebbikenezer said:   LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

You must have a very low standard if you can't difference between Emerson and Samsung HDTV. Both may have same specs, but video looks much better on Samsung HDTV. I rather pay extra to buy Samsung or LG rather than buy a junk TV like Emerson.

docjoo said:   ebbikenezer said:   LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?

You must have a very low standard if you can't difference between Emerson and Samsung HDTV. Both may have same specs, but video looks much better on Samsung HDTV. I rather pay extra to buy Samsung or LG rather than buy a junk TV like Emerson.

Now you're just using semantics to push thing 75 miles out of context.

Of course Emerson has a sh*t picture compared to Samsung. But that has no relevance to what I was addressing.

Example conversation taken out of context like that:

Q: "Hey, does anyone know why an AMD Phenom XT 1100T is better than an AMD E-350?"
A: "Well, Phenom is 6-core, faster, has (X) specs, etc etc."
You giving your $0.02: "Uhhhh, I don't even know why you would say the Phenom is better than the E350 when CLEARLY Intel SSDs are the way to go, with your mobo rocking a good Sandy bridge!"

Yeah. Like that.

This is so not true. There is a big difference and 720p is not worth it if you are watching, let's say, a Blu-ray movie.

ebbikenezer is right in that resolution differences are discernible only if you're sitting close enough to the screen. Here is one of several articles that describes the relevant distances.

Viewing distances for HDTVs

FWIW, I saved money many years ago by buying a highly rated 480P Panasonic plasma as my first HDTV and friends could not believe how good HiDef video looked on it.

I thought the other argument was that nothing is being broadcast in 1080, or has that changed?

biglittle said:   I thought the other argument was that nothing is being broadcast in 1080, or has that changed?

Fox (at least their football) is in 720. Most other stuff (I believe) is in 1080.

mjbok said:   biglittle said:   I thought the other argument was that nothing is being broadcast in 1080, or has that changed?

Fox (at least their football) is in 720. Most other stuff (I believe) is in 1080.

To clarify, nearly all "HDTV" channels are broadcast in 720p or 1080i. With very few exceptions, there are still no broadcasts (or channels) in 1080p.

ebbikenezer said:   larrymoencurly said:   jtw said:   Although, a 32" 1080p tv might make a decent computer monitor...hmm... tempted...Sometimes (usually?) the maximum resolution for a 1080p TV in computer monitor mode is closer to 720p, or 1368 x 768.Mmmm, no. The maximum resolution for a 1080p, is 1920x1080.You'd think, but many smaller TVs with 1920x1080 LCD panels support only up to ~1368x768 when operated through the VGA port, meaning in native resolution the picture's diagonal size will be 30% smaller. Somebody mentioned Westinghouse being one of the few smaller 1080p TVs with the same maximum resolution in both TV and monitor mode.

docjoo said:   ebbikenezer said:   LeonS said:   WalMart BF has a 32 Emerson LCD HDTV for $148, and it is 'guaranteed' to be available. It is 720p, but maybe not much diff in a 32" set?To the human eye, unless you sit 6-10" from your TV, no, there is no difference in 720 to 1080p on a 32" screen. Once you hit the 36-37" screen size range the difference is apparent from up to 12 feet away, and so on for bigger screens.You must have a very low standard if you can't difference between Emerson and Samsung HDTV. Both may have same specs, but video looks much better on Samsung HDTV. I rather pay extra to buy Samsung or LG rather than buy a junk TV like Emerson.True, but it's not because of the 1080p resolution but because of better processing of the picture. OTOH Emerson/Sylvania/Philips/Magnavox reliability is probably at least as good as Samsung's.

page not available

XBOX 360 4GB Kinect Bundle = $199
is this a Good deal?? Does any one know if Amazon.COM can give similar price? ( can save TAXES )!!

no link from OP

The Page Requested could not be found. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact us.

imanemokid said:   no link from OP

The Page Requested could not be found. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact us.

Try here

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/target/target-black-friday-ad1...

ultramvkkreddy said:   XBOX 360 4GB Kinect Bundle = $199
is this a Good deal?? Does any one know if Amazon.COM can give similar price? ( can save TAXES )!!

Target gives 5% off with the RED CARD

Target's web site is saying that there are no stores within 100 miles of me, when there most definitely are several.

Did they do that on purpose, on BF, to force people to visit their local stores (cannot check store stock online), or is this some sort of legitimate glitch on their site?

http://www.target.com/p/apex-32-class-720p-60hz-lcd-hdtv-black-l...

Did anyone see the Disney Princess doll and dress set in the Brave/Merida or Ariel dolls? I went to several different Targets looking for all of the dolls, and did not find these two anywhere. Brave/Merida was shown online here, but I didn't see it in the store, even before Thanksgiving. Thanks.

http://www.target.com/p/disney-princess-merida-doll-toddler-dres...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014