• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This looks like a good deal for a ultrathin that isn't powered by netbook processors.

Summary
AMD Ultrathin A6 Accelerated Processor
4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
500GB Hard Drive
14" Widescreen HD Display (1366x768)
Windows 8
Click here

The processor is the AMD A6-4455M, a dual core processor
The graphics is powered by a radeon HD 7500G graphics, which is good enough to run some old games, diablo 3 and wow on modest settings.

Also the cheapest ultra thin i can find. If you have some Staples coupon that applies, it can be even cheaper.

If you decide to buy this, you probably want to add another ddr3 1333 4g ram to enable dual channel. I think they are only putting single chip 4gb rams on these. To get the most out of the the 7500G, some ddr3 1866 ram is recommended.

the con for me is that the construction isn't the best. A lot of plastic

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lenovo Ideapad S405 (11.43kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

0.83 inch. Is that ultrathin with 500GB HD?

Be sure to check out the HP Sleekbook discussed here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1231213/.

The specific i3 processor in the Sleekbook beats the S405's processor in nearly all benchmarks and it's $30 less. BB also has a $379 HP 14" with an A6 processor but it's the higher voltage one. 6-cell battery instead of 4-cell to compensate. It also has an optical drive so the weight is a bit greater than the other two.

OP, the CPU is AMD A6-4455M, not 4655.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014