• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ooma Telo VOIP Home Phone Service - Hardware is $99.99 after $30 IR.
Applicable monthly taxes and services fees based on connection location.
See the description on page 7 of the attached Black Friday Weekend brochure.

Member Summary

Ooma Telo VOIP Home Phone Service
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
My router and cable modem are high on a shelf in the laundry room and none of my other rooms have a network jack that is... (more)

BeanTech (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 7:40p) |

I have had Ooma for some time now, and love it to the tune of $30.00/mo I no longer pay the phone company. In any case, ... (more)

roca (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 8:18p) |

Thanks roca...I will ive that a try. Makes sense...

BeanTech (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 10:51p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Combine this with the AMEX promo and its $75! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1230311/

I just saw my first ever tv commercial for Ooma.

jimates said:   I just saw my first ever tv commercial for Ooma.

This one?

wonder if I can get a $30 refund for buying it two months ago in store for $129.. might be worth a shot

darby427 said:   wonder if I can get a $30 refund for buying it two months ago in store for $129.. might be worth a shot

Iif it was me, I would make you return the item

seems like its online only....so dont even have to stand in line for this...wohoo! setting my alarm for this..

Zuke76 said:   Combine this with the AMEX promo and its $75! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1230311/
Wait, the AMEX promo is for $100.00 or more. This unit is $99.99

borisr said:   Zuke76 said:   Combine this with the AMEX promo and its $75! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1230311/
Wait, the AMEX promo is for $100.00 or more. This unit is $99.99

Plus tax would bring the total to over 100.

germanpope said:   darby427 said:   wonder if I can get a $30 refund for buying it two months ago in store for $129.. might be worth a shot

Iif it was me, I would make you return the item

Costco is pretty good about these things. Give it a try. Worse case if they refuse, order the fresh kit and return it with your old receipt if the item numbers are the same.

Fyi, this is live in stores today

OOS

Really? already gone!?

Is there a way to try ooma out with a new number and port an existing number later?
I'd like to see how the quality is, but don't want to port my existing number until I am sure it works well. Otherwise, I'd likely have to pay a "reconnect service" fee to AT&T to re-port and restart my service under my existing number.

Can I start Ooma with a new number and try it out for a few days and then port over my existing number?

Absolutely. In fact that is what they suggest you do. When you activate you will be given a new number. If you decide you like it then you start the process to port your number over. They charge 39.99 unless you sign up for their premiere service (9.99/mo) then they will port if over for free.

Lemming said:   Absolutely. In fact that is what they suggest you do. When you activate you will be given a new number. If you decide you like it then you start the process to port your number over. They charge 39.99 unless you sign up for their premiere service (9.99/mo) then they will port if over for free.

Thanks.

I'm going to pick this up at Costco tody and give it a try.
At $99, it will pay for itself in less than 4 months.

sredni said:   OOS

Looks like it's still in-stock to me:

ooma for $99 - 11/22/12 to 11/25/12

Creig said:   sredni said:   OOS

Looks like it's still in-stock to me:

ooma for $99 - 11/22/12 to 11/25/12

It may be available in the stores, but there is no way to add it to My Cart online via the Costco/Ooma link.

dhp10 said:   [Q=Creig;17352647It may be available in the stores, b]ut there is no way to add it to My Cart online via the Costco/Ooma link.
I've checked at 2 Costco stores. Neither have it in stock and both say that it's online only. Looks like we missed out on this deal since it seems to be sold out online. Bummer, I'd like to buy one at this price.

Hey guys,

After doing some research I ended up ordering the Ooma box that comes with Linx. It was on sale for $149.95 from Costco.

I missed out on the $99 deal (unfortunately) so I was about to order one for $129.99 when I realized that for $20 more I can get the Linx adapter. This will allow me to use my fax machine which is kept upstairs. Otherwise it would be a pain in the butt for me to use my fax.

My router and cable modem are high on a shelf in the laundry room and none of my other rooms have a network jack that is in close proximity to a telephone jack.
What would be my best options on where to put the ooma unit? Are the voicemail features available through a connected phone or perhaps an iphone app, or do you need physical access to the actual ooma unit?

I have had Ooma for some time now, and love it to the tune of $30.00/mo I no longer pay the phone company. In any case, my Ooma is set up high on our main floor....we have 3 floors, and it is plugged into our phone jacks. That way, I am able to plug into the jack with any phone and access through Ooma. You do have to disconnect your incoming phone service cables before you can do this.

With regard to answering machine, I had the same question. Here is Ooma's two answers, with #1 seeming to be logical, so I hope this helps:

1)Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support. Yes we will no longer process your request. You can still use your own answering machine,
what you need to do is to adjust the voicemail pick up time so that your own answering machine will answer. Log in to your ooma account, go to preferences tab
click voicemail and then customize your voicemail pick up time.

2) Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support. I understand your concern regarding your answering machine. If you would like to disable your ooma voicemail, please do contact us at 1-888-711-6662. Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST, Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST since you do not have a way to do it on your end. Just be aware that if we remove the voice mail feature on your account it will be permanent.

Thanks roca...I will ive that a try. Makes sense...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014