• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't see anyone posting about the trade-in program Sony is offering. Since they are doubling the credit, I think is really good deal if anyone have old laptop laying around. Sending two of my Sony laptop for $216 each.

New link to trade-in program

Sony
See Sony discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony Trade In Program
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you have more details? Your link simply goes to Sony's website with no mention of doubling the credits.

try copypaste this
_http://store.Sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?hideHeaderFooter=false&storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&cmsId=tradeup

Note that the trade in deal is good toward a new Sony.

my [perfectly functional] p3 vaio laptop is apparently only eligible for free recycling. boo.

The problem with this program is that you have to go to a BM to redeem. IMO, any trade in value you get from the laptop, you lose to inflated B&M retail prices.

If you don't like Sony credit, you can sell it on plastic jungle and get about 80% of credit value.

I did a trade-in 6 years ago and got myself a VGN-BX540BW. I sold it on eBay for $150 a week ago.

Just updated the link. It didn't mention anything double credit, I found out from Rep at Sony store.

It's not a bad deal if you do really get what it says on the site especially if you find a clearance item with a coupon.

I think you can use it online as well, no?

yankees4life said:   The problem with this program is that you have to go to a BM to redeem. IMO, any trade in value you get from the laptop, you lose to inflated B&M retail prices.

I think so. It's Sony gift card you get, so can use it anyway.

"Sony is pleased to offer no cost recycling for every product we’ve ever made."

Thanks for doing me a favor, Sony they thinks most of their own laptops are worthless.

My IBM/Lenovo X60 is worth $170. LOL.

pretty much dead. My t61 was quoted $202 but now only $60. Oh well, I'll part it out and probably get more.

Tresh said:   my [perfectly functional] p3 vaio laptop is apparently only eligible for free recycling. boo.

Mine too.

it's is back

Terms and Conditions for Laptop and Tablets:

Offer Limited to 3PCs per Household

Between February 3, 2013 through February 23, 2013 when you trade-up your laptop you are receiving double the normal trade value for your device based on your processor type, processor speed and condition. The final assessed value will be determined upon receipt of your trade item, and may change in value upon final assessment. Your trade item will not be returned to you. Any value is provided in the form of a Sony Gift Card intended to be used towards your new Sony VAIO purchase. Your card should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks from receipt of your trade item.

I tried and got the same amount for the quote, not double.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.