• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
yes, good call

just got our flyer with the Ace flyer with coupons in yesterdays paper (Nov. 20). accidentally threw it away because it said Ace, and I was looking for TrueValue which has what I've got the last couple years (local store just changed apparently). Little bummed, as the TrueValue coupon was good up to a $50 item. I only ever used them at HD though, scoring some amazing deals.

posting this for those who need actual print of the coupon to use at competitors.

Yay that's kept hubby happy thank you now I can go back to BF hunting

sushiosushi said:   http://www.acehardware.com/coupon/

direct link to coupon w/ generic barcode.

thanks

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Ace usually runs a hard copy ad in your local paper for BF weekend which will include this 50% off coupon. Assuming you get it, USE THAT one at HD/Lowes and use this print out at Ace!

I had trouble using even the newspaper version of this coupon last year at my local Lowes. Fortunately, I had printed out the Lowes competitor coupon from their website and it clearly said that they took competitor percent off coupons, so they agreed to take it once I showed them their own policy. I think that they have changed their official policy, though. I just searched for their policy and I couldn't find a competitor coupon policy. All I found was this:
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower everyday price on an identical item at a local retail competitor, just bring us the competitor's current ad, and we'll beat their price by 10%. If a competitor is offering a percent off discount, we’ll match the final net price the competitor is offering. Our price guarantee does not apply to installation labor, to the competitor's closeout, special order, discontinued, clearance, liquidation or to damaged items. Limited to reasonable quantities.

So I think their policy now is only to match a net price on an identical item. If anyone finds an official Lowes policy on competitor coupons, please post a link.

It is still worth asking, but without an official competitor coupon policy, I suspect most people will be shot down.

pdxman1 said:   
It is still worth asking, but without an official competitor coupon policy, I suspect most people will be shot down.

then get back up, and walk over to a different checkout area

MeIsCheap said:   pdxman1 said:   

then get back up, and walk over to a different checkout area

Of course, but with a 50% off coupon, the cashier will probably call for for the head cashier to approve who may call for the manager of the day, so the first time you try to use it, everyone in the store will already be involved and there is nowhere to go if it is shot down. Well you can go to another store and try it.

I don't have a problem with them refusing to take it, unless they have a written policy that says that they do take it. Which I don't think that they have anymore.

pizzatriangle said:   Any chance to use on appliances at HD or Lowes?

Yeah I'm sure they'll give you half off those....lol

bump. this is today.
I will be heading over to my local Ace Hardware shortly

Bump! Don't forget your AMEX 25 off 25 (if you have registered before).

Economist said:   Bump! Don't forget your AMEX 25 off 25 (if you have registered before).

Is Ace Hardware considered "Small Business" though?

jplee3 said:   Is Ace Hardware considered "Small Business" though?My store had signs on the door and an ad on the back of the weekend ad.

jplee3 said:   Economist said:   Bump! Don't forget your AMEX 25 off 25 (if you have registered before).

Is Ace Hardware considered "Small Business" though?

I believe each is independently owned/operated. Not corporate owned, they just belong to the ACE Network of stores.

Yeah these JAckasses said 50% off for "Items not already marked down or on sale today " I said Oh really .. Everything is onsale today.. Picked up some LED lights. They had a nice little scooter for my som marked at 29.99.. They said NO WAY..

our nice friendly store let hubby use two coupons (separate transactions) and then he handed his other two to other customers

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014