• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nokia Lumia 920 hits WalMart for $49 with upgrade or new contract

http://wireless.walmart.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=3657...

If you’re looking to get the Nokia Lumia 920 and have no interest in the wireless charging pad — this deal is for you. WalMart.com is offering the Nokia Lumia 920 for $49 with a new 2-year contract or upgrade.

Also, Standard 2-3 Day FedEx - FREE

madhad op

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 920 (14.11kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Didn't want to bring up an old post but I figured if it'll help some others. I decided to go and return the phone today ... (more)

catbui99 (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 7:07p) |

upgraded with walmark the lumia 920,, wondering if I can do it online with ATT online as well, ATT online still give me ... (more)

hunter2010 (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 11:38a) |

It is now $119. I should have pulled the trigger yesterday when it was $69.99.

jasstrom (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 10:14a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

This is a great deal. Since you can then buy a charging plate of your choice of color to match your phone's color.
AT&T gives black plate only.
So with WalMart's deal, you can get matching colors at same or little cheaper price probably.

Not in store, right?

Debating if I should return mine. I can live with the weight that others are complaining about. It's actually not that bad except combine with the slippery case I almost drop it a couple of times trying to use one-handed. My biggest complaints are
1) the battery life. It's absolutely atrocious. With my 4S I can get through one workday. This one I got half before I got the low battery warning. It ate 50% of battery life just sitting on the nightstand overnight (I had bluetooth and wifi on but that was the case with the 4S too).
2) apps selection. I knew going in the selection aren't as much but I figured don't really use that many apps. What I didn't realized was windows phone does not get any google love and those are the ones I use most (the only native google app was search and that didn't even have the new voice search). My daughter's reaction after playing with it: "No Instagram? no, I don't like this phone."
3) the GPS, it seems to be better now but the first day it keep jumping around and simply couldn't find itself. When it finally settles down it keep saying I was in the middle of an intersection a couple of miles away from my house. All of the iphones were pretty dead on. However, it seems to be more accurate now so we'll see.
I hate to eat the $35 restocking fee though but I may have too. I really like the windows interface too. The screen was beautiful also. I really like the white text on black background. Much easier on the eyes while reading.

catbui99 said:   Debating if I should return mine. I can live with the weight that others are complaining about. It's actually not that bad except combine with the slippery case I almost drop it a couple of times trying to use one-handed. My biggest complaints are
1) the battery life. It's absolutely atrocious. With my 4S I can get through one workday. This one I got half before I got the low battery warning. It ate 50% of battery life just sitting on the nightstand overnight (I had bluetooth and wifi on but that was the case with the 4S too).
2) apps selection. I knew going in the selection aren't as much but I figured don't really use that many apps. What I didn't realized was windows phone does not get any google love and those are the ones I use most (the only native google app was search and that didn't even have the new voice search). My daughter's reaction after playing with it: "No Instagram? no, I don't like this phone."
3) the GPS, it seems to be better now but the first day it keep jumping around and simply couldn't find itself. When it finally settles down it keep saying I was in the middle of an intersection a couple of miles away from my house. All of the iphones were pretty dead on. However, it seems to be more accurate now so we'll see.
I hate to eat the $35 restocking fee though but I may have too. I really like the windows interface too. The screen was beautiful also. I really like the white text on black background. Much easier on the eyes while reading.

Ill buy yours $99

Does not matter how cheap it is , there is absolutly no apps available right now . phone is receiving cold reception

catbui99 said:   Debating if I should return mine. I can live with the weight that others are complaining about. It's actually not that bad except combine with the slippery case I almost drop it a couple of times trying to use one-handed. My biggest complaints are

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am planning on buying the new Nokia Lumia 920 myself. I am ok with limited app selection, however battery life and accurate GPS are important to me.

I am probably going to buy it anyway and see how it works for me. Anybody knows how return process works with ATT ? If I buy and decide to return it within 14 days, does my account return to the state as I have never upgraded my phone, i.e. data plan and upgrade eligibility ?

I currently have an unlimited data plan for iphone, they probably going to change it to something else "for windows phone" during the upgrade process, so I am wondering what is going to happen if I need to return the new phone.

tigi said:   catbui99 said:    accurate GPS are important to me.

Q]

Nokia GPS is said to be the best on the planet. I know google has invested tons of money into their offering, but the nokia stuff is amazing. 90% of all auto manufactures gps systems run nokia, The 820 and 920 acually offer a system that is superior to auto gps systems.

tigi said:   catbui99 said:   Debating if I should return mine. I can live with the weight that others are complaining about. It's actually not that bad except combine with the slippery case I almost drop it a couple of times trying to

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am planning on buying the new Nokia Lumia 920 myself. I am ok with limited app selection, however battery life and accurate GPS are important to me.

I am probably going to buy it anyway and see how it works for me. Anybody knows how return process works with ATT ? If I buy and decide to return it within 14 days, does my account return to the state as I have never upgraded my phone, i.e. data plan and upgrade eligibility ?

I currently have an unlimited data plan for iphone, they probably going to change it to something else "for windows phone" during the upgrade process, so I am wondering what is going to happen if I need to return the new phone.

It didn't change my unlimited data plan. The upgrade still list data as unlimited for $30. I can return within 14 days and everything will go back to like before except I'd be out $35 restocking fee.

crazynodoze said:   
Nokia GPS is said to be the best on the planet. I know google has invested tons of money into their offering, but the nokia stuff is amazing. 90% of all auto manufactures gps systems run nokia, The 820 and 920 acually offer a system that is superior to auto gps systems.

My wife has a Windows Phone 7.5 (Samsung Focus if I am not mistaken) and sadly the position accuracy is terrible, same "jumping around and unable to find itself" as described by catbui99. Last time we were hiking it was cycling through positions that were miles away from each other. It looked like it was not using GPS at all, instead it looked like it was using cell triangulation. At the same time my very outdated Iphone 3g was spot on all the time.

If I experience same thing with Nokia Lumia 920 (which I am most likely going to buy) I am going to return it.

tigi said:   crazynodoze said:   

My wife has a Windows Phone 7.5 (Samsung Focus if I am not mistaken) and sadly the position accuracy is terrible, same "jumping around and unable to find itself" as described by catbui99. Last time we were hiking it was cycling through positions that were miles away from each other. It looked like it was not using GPS at all, instead it looked like it was using cell triangulation. At the same time my very outdated Iphone 3g was spot on all the time.

If I experience same thing with Nokia Lumia 920 (which I am most likely going to buy) I am going to return it.

Totally different - Samsung uses the Microsoft made GPS apps, and the Lumia devices use mapping and apps made by Nokia. They won't let you down.

scoobydooby said:   tigi said:   crazynodoze said:   

Totally different - Samsung uses the Microsoft made GPS apps, and the Lumia devices use mapping and apps made by Nokia. They won't let you down.

The GPS is one of the main reasons I'm still hanging on to my Nokia c6-01 despite its buggy OS and lack of apps.
Also, I'm not sure if the same applies for the Windows phones, but with Symbian you can get free maps anywhere in the world. So if you travel outside the US its another plus.

yes, same for wp. free maps worldwide.

yes, same for wp. free maps worldwide.

scoobydooby said:   tigi said:   crazynodoze said:   

This isn't necessarily true about all Nokias. I had an N9 (meego OS) and Nokia Drive was a nightmare. It would start spinning and seeking orientation while driving. It was basically useless. I'm sure they've improve the GPS sensitivity (AGPS, GLONASS) but not all Nokia's are amazing. My N95 and N71 were great, the N9 was a nightmare. I had a Lumia 900 for a few weeks before selling it, and it was ok, but still not as good as Android (Galaxy Nexus, Note 2).

scoobydooby said:   

does the nokia gps require data plan? i'm thinking about picking up a new phone but don't want to get a data plan.

You're holding it wrong.

Oh wait, that's another vendor's excuse.

vgachi57 said:   
does the nokia gps require data plan? i'm thinking about picking up a new phone but don't want to get a data plan.

I do not think a GPS by itself requires a dataplan for it function. However if you buy a subsidized smartphone from any carrier in the US they will probably require a dataplan for it (at least ATT does).

Also those pre-loaded applications require data plan to display maps (the maps are not stored on the phone). You would need to find a third party app that stores all the data on the phone so it does not need to download anything in order to display maps.

tigi said:   vgachi57 said:   

I do not think a GPS by itself requires a dataplan for it function. However if you buy a subsidized smartphone from any carrier in the US they will probably require a dataplan for it (at least ATT does).

Also those pre-loaded applications require data plan to display maps (the maps are not stored on the phone). You would need to find a third party app that stores all the data on the phone so it does not need to download anything in order to display maps.

thanks for the info! i was going to pick up a unsubsidized phone, either used or unlocked. but needing a data plan to render the maps makes sense even if the gps function itself works. that kinda sucks.

coolbreeze said:   scoobydooby said:   tigi said:   crazynodoze said:   

This isn't necessarily true about all Nokias. I had an N9 (meego OS) and Nokia Drive was a nightmare. It would start spinning and seeking orientation while driving. It was basically useless. I'm sure they've improve the GPS sensitivity (AGPS, GLONASS) but not all Nokia's are amazing. My N95 and N71 were great, the N9 was a nightmare. I had a Lumia 900 for a few weeks before selling it, and it was ok, but still not as good as Android (Galaxy Nexus, Note 2).

I have the Lumia 900 and use the GPS and Nokia Drive app through the back roads of Tennessee and have never had an issue. Love the phone I have right now and looking for a 920 unsubsidized but right now in Nashville this phone is a little tought to find right now. Stores keep elling me that they sold at as soon as they got them.

tigi said:   vgachi57 said:   

Nokia Maps lets you download maps for offline use.

LINK

synnyster said:   
Nokia Maps lets you download maps for offline use.

LINK

Cool! They even let you download whole countries, so it seems like it would be possibly feasible to download the map over wifi and use maps completely offline.

Nokia said:
...And where do offline maps actually go? They are locally saved on your device, the memory usage of which you are probably very protective, and rightly so. That’s why we are giving you complete flexibility and not limiting you to a 10 square mile radius. You can download an entire country (e.g. USA for 1.8 GB, China for 862 Mb, UK for 203 MB) or specific regions (e.g. California for 147 MB, England for 166 MB, Beijing for 63 MB): just like having a shopping list.

Maps and the importance of offline

Wish this was on a different network.

I saw these at the Microsoft store last night. The device/OS is awesome, especially with some of the Nokia apps (Drive, City Lens, etc). That said, I was really turned off by how HUGE this phone is. I didn't mind the weight, it's just so wide and tall I imagine it'd be annoying to carry in a pocket and it's not as easy to operate with just one hand.

I really don't like how the top-end smart phones are getting bigger and bigger and all the reasonable sized handsets have inferior hardware specs. iPhone is the exception, but I really dislike iOS. I guess I'll stick with my Lumia800 for a while longer.

I want a yellow one, but they are all out of stock.

Does anyone know which stores still have yellow left?

How many cycles did you give the battery? With all my android devices I've owned, it took a few days for the battery to warm up and get to its full potential. Usually the first few days, it would be dead a few hours after I took it off the charger.

leehab said:   Does not matter how cheap it is , there is absolutly no apps available right now . phone is receiving cold reception[/]

At 125,000 apps and growing, there are absolutely no apps available? And how many apps did the Iphone and Androids have at this point in their life cycle? Yeah, Microsoft has a ways to go to catch up on apps, but the library is growing fast, and something like 45 of the top 50 apps are either out or will be coming out soon. As the install base grows, more developers will port their apps. Also, since WP8 uses the Windows 8 core, it will be easy to port Windows 8 apps to the phone. As to the cold reception, it depends on who is writing the reviews. There are both great and average reviews, as there are for all phones. It depends on what a person is looking for in a phone. The only real negative is the size and weight. Neither is a problem for myself and most users. This is the nicest phone I have ever used, and it is one of the highest rated phones in user reviews, with most giving it 5 stars. Don't listen to people like me who believe it is the best phone out or to people who make comments that have never touched the phone and are just repeating Iphone or Android talking points. Go to a store and play with one. It may or may not be right for you. If it is a fit for you, you cannot beat the price for a top of the line phone. Heck at the $49 that ATT will be selling it for Black Friday weekend, it is 1/6 the price of a 32g Iphone 5.

This is definitely a steal.

Not sure how Nokia could make money from this phone.

Well engineered phone, with practical applications
like Nokia city lens, Nokia drive (Free GPS does not
cost data plan), Nokia transit.

No, it does not cost your data plan.
You could download the map and use it on the fly.
The good side is you could keep download/remove
maps. For example, when you travel, you could download
Europe map, when you are back home, you could deleted
it.

Didn't want to bring up an old post but I figured if it'll help some others. I decided to go and return the phone today (last day) because I really didn't like how the GPS was acting. Battery life improved quite a bit after a few cycles like someone said earlier but the GPS was still horrible. But when I got to the store I tried some of the lumias there and the GPS worked much faster on those phones. So instead of returning I took a chance and exchange for a new one to see if the GPS improved any plus the phone is now only $49 with a free charging pad. Results? My GPS works better and my wallet is $56 richer (not sure why but the MSRP for the phone also dropped so tax is also lowered). It's a good deal overall.

Just a quick note on the camera. The image is softer than the iPhone 5. I made the comparison on all the lumias at the store and the HTCs too. They're all softer than the iP5. Not sure about the HTC but for the 920 I think it's a design compromise to increase the low light performance. Just like how your shiny 50mm f1.8 is not sharpest at f1.8 but more like f2.8, it might be the same issue here.

upgraded with walmark the lumia 920,, wondering if I can do it online with ATT online as well, ATT online still give me the option to upgrade. so I will get two phones???

It is now $119. I should have pulled the trigger yesterday when it was $69.99.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014