• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
According to Page Plus Marketing Manager Denny Scher, the company will also be launching a new top-tier monthly plan later this month that will provide unlimited talking, unlimited texting and 5 GB of data for $69.95 per month. "The new top-tier plan, with its 5 GB of data, is for the 'super user' segment of customers who use a higher than average amount of mobile data," said Scher. "At its $69.95 price point, people who use a lot of data will be able to save quite a bit of money compared to other plans with this much data. The plan has great value, especially considering the nationwide coverage Page Plus provides."
PR Newswire

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/page-plus-cellular-plans...

http://www.kittyforums.net/showthread.php/5993-Unlimited-Talk-Te...

Member Summary

Page Plus (1.51kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Page Plus (8.79kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

How could you ever use 5gb of data on slow EVDO?

Supposedly , 4G LTE service might be coming to PPC late in Feb 2013.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/364-Page-Plus-Cellu...

My phone (Droid x) recently died. I moved over to Sraight Talk GSM with a newer generation (non-ST) phone . I don't use that much data so I am not concerned about ST throttling etc. I prefer the VZW network and like PP . I will return to PPC when 4G LTE service is available (use new generation phones without special flashing / programming).

Coop1979 said:   How could you ever use 5gb of data on slow EVDO?

Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?

horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?
For one, PagePLus only gets Verizon's "prepaid" network. That means a lot of less populated areas that have the service included with verizon post-paid, are considered roaming for pre-paid and Pageplus customers.

arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?
For one, PagePLus only gets Verizon's "prepaid" network. That means a lot of less populated areas that have the service included with verizon post-paid, are considered roaming for pre-paid and Pageplus customers.

Thank you. How do you think one can reasonably compare the pre-paid options to the post paid ones? Do you think Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile owned by Sprint have advantages/disadvantages compared to StraightTalk? Are there prepaid MVNOs that you would recommend or suggest generally be avoided?

I say go with the MVNO that offers the best service network in your home area. For me that's PPC. I've been on the $29.95 autopay plan for a couple of years now and am completely satisfied.

horizon6 said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?

Thank you. How do you think one can reasonably compare the pre-paid options to the post paid ones? Do you think Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile owned by Sprint have advantages/disadvantages compared to StraightTalk? Are there prepaid MVNOs that you would recommend or suggest generally be avoided?

I can say in my area at least (SF bay area California) that PP has much better service and I have very little issues with reception, Virgin on the other hand you really feel like you take a major back seat to Sprint, with much worse coverage, more dropped calls and bad data rate

arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?

I can say in my area at least (SF bay area California) that PP has much better service and I have very little issues with reception, Virgin on the other hand you really feel like you take a major back seat to Sprint, with much worse coverage, more dropped calls and bad data rate

I would agree with this. I used to have Sprint proper in both the East and South Bay and it is pretty much horrible compared to Page Plus. I don't even want to think about how bad prepaid is on the Sprint network.

Page Plus is leaps and bounds better and I have the $12 and my brother got the $30 plan. With free Wi-Fi in most places now the plans suits us really well and reception is great.

TehROFFLES said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?

I would agree with this. I used to have Sprint proper in both the East and South Bay and it is pretty much horrible compared to Page Plus. I don't even want to think about how bad prepaid is on the Sprint network.

Page Plus is leaps and bounds better and I have the $12 and my brother got the $30 plan. With free Wi-Fi in most places now the plans suits us really well and reception is great.

Thanks to all for the information. Sounds very favorable for PP.

Am interested in any choice of phones various people have made -- gotten from PP or where they "other" phones converted to PP; phones with Wi-Fi?

Site is limited as is dealer network. Did people here go through the site, by phone with PP or find a dealer?

Can anyone say more about "features" than found on the site, e.g. number port from existing carrier, voice mail, any issue with unexpected roaming charges?

NYC Metro area. Likely good coverage with most MVNOs but comments about the area on portion of the carrier's network available to PP or others would be welcome.

Thanks again.

+1 for PP, didn't have any coverage in the NW with virgin, but 1 observation, i think the $69.95 price is not competitive enough, time will tell

Maybe one day all the carriers will end up on the same frequencies and tech, but I know that's probably wishful thinking. At least Tmob/Solavei/Red Sim/ST/AT&T/etc etc. are all headed the same way. I'm on that $49 plus tax all you can eat MVNO thing. It's $57 in my case, but then again I've been as happy with it as I was with Tmob. Not perfect, but I have a Nexus 4 and I think that's a bit of the issue. Plus Tmob is spending a lot on network that they got from AT&T.

+1 PP for basic services with dumb GSM phone (only voice and text capability). Anyone insight/links for flashing/adapting unlocked Windows 8 phone originally configured for Vrizon for use on PP?

Thanks,
~Nick

Nickerman said:   +1 PP for basic services with dumb GSM phone (only voice and text capability). Anyone insight/links for flashing/adapting unlocked Windows 8 phone originally configured for Vrizon for use on PP?

Thanks,
~Nick

As long as it's a postpaid (on or off contract) Verizon phone, it will work on PP for voice/text. You shouldn't need any flashing or unlocking for basic service. My wife has a low end Motorola Android that we switched over and everything including internet works fine with PP. GSM phones will not work. I've heard there are workarounds to get a prepaid Verizon phone to work as well.

horizon6 said:   TehROFFLES said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   arribasn said:   horizon6 said:   Can anybody comment on Pageplus being treated less favorably on Vz network than direct Vz customers? E.g. do, or to what extent is Vz's own "direct" customer traffic prioritized over that of subscribers of bulk providers such as PagePlus, StraightTalk?

Thanks to all for the information. Sounds very favorable for PP.

Am interested in any choice of phones various people have made -- gotten from PP or where they "other" phones converted to PP; phones with Wi-Fi?

Site is limited as is dealer network. Did people here go through the site, by phone with PP or find a dealer?

Can anyone say more about "features" than found on the site, e.g. number port from existing carrier, voice mail, any issue with unexpected roaming charges?

NYC Metro area. Likely good coverage with most MVNOs but comments about the area on portion of the carrier's network available to PP or others would be welcome.

Thanks again.

I used PP for 18 months while living in NYC. Had VZ before that. Couldn't notice a difference.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014