Trend Plunge Router $79 + Ship

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have 1 of these, as a woodworker they are unique as a small hand held router and come with several base's and had a very good write-up in the Dec. 2012 issue of Woodworkers Journal, very nice unique little hand held router for inlays and such , http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_110912.htm

Member Summary

Trend Plunge Router
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very tempting; however, I'll wait a little long before jumping on this.

limited supply,wouldn't wait too long

buster2 said:   limited supply,wouldn't wait too longIt's also available at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop for same price.

Klingspor have a $8 flat shipping rate, so their price was $87.94 shipped. Ordered one after some debating over getting the Bosch over this one.

yea this is interesting, a plunge laminate router, probably more useful than the ridgid laminate router i have and like very much, and a different tool than bosch makes afaik

saltoricco said:   Klingspor have a $8 flat shipping rate, so their price was $87.94 shipped. Ordered one after some debating over getting the Bosch over this one.What was your take on the fine height adjuster ($12.95) shown next to the router?

kshell said:   What was your take on the fine height adjuster ($12.95) shown next to the router?
I won't mount it into a router table, so I didn't consider it. Seems like a good addition otherwise.

Frustrating...I've been looking for a (relatively) inexpensive router and I thought this was it. But the reviews on both Amazon and Buzillions put me off. The router seems to have a problem with the on/off switch and looks, especially according the the Buzzillions reviews, not to have been corrected.

MasterRebater said:   Frustrating...I've been looking for a (relatively) inexpensive router and I thought this was it. But the reviews on both Amazon and Buzillions put me off. The router seems to have a problem with the on/off switch and looks, especially according the the Buzzillions reviews, not to have been corrected.
I wouldn't have ordered it, had I seen the reviews on buzzillions. I wasn't even aware of this site - good thing you mentioned it.

I'd take the buzzillions reviews with a grain of salt and rely more so on the reviews of folks who actually use these on a routine basis, buzillions caters to those who advertise with them rather than actual usage of items, to each their own but as a woodworker and having several small handheld routers this fill a niche in tha market for an affordable small plunge router vs the more expensive DeWalts and Porter Cable models, but Buzzillions,gimme a break. Also if you'll notice all the reviews are all from WOODCRAFT a high priced woodworking tool distributor that has a lot of stores closing and the reviews are 3 yrs old,hardly current to whats been improved upon in the past 3 yrs.You can downplay it all you want with your so called reviewers,but they are stale with disinformation about an older unit that has been improved upon. I p/u mine from Peachtree and its a joy to use and has excellent dust collection and after lightly waxing the plunge unit it doesn't stick and the switch seems fine to me. Maybe time will bear out the disgruntled 3 yr old complaints but doubtful IMHO

MasterRebater said:   Frustrating...I've been looking for a (relatively) inexpensive router and I thought this was it. But the reviews on both Amazon and Buzillions put me off. The router seems to have a problem with the on/off switch and looks, especially according the the Buzzillions reviews, not to have been corrected.

Perhaps you should go this route on a cheap yet affordable hand router. I had one for a few yrs before moving on to a Bosch and Porter cable and now the Trend for a small unit, it did surprisingly well and gets favorable reviews that seem to be your ticket , http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-trim-router-44914....

buster2 said:   Perhaps you should go this route on a cheap yet affordable hand router. I had one for a few yrs before moving on to a Bosch and Porter cable and now the Trend for a small unit, it did surprisingly well and gets favorable reviews that seem to be your ticket , http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-trim-router-44914....HF regularly advertizes the trim router for $28. If only HF offered a plunge base for it.

I have the HF trim router. It turns, but the depth adjustment broke within the first two hours. It is also getting mighty hot on extended runs. Hence my buying the Trend.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.