• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received this email...

Receive a $50 bonus for your holiday shopping

Dear Christina,

We want to be sure your shopping is extra rewarding this year. Spend $150 or more through Ebates.com by November 30, 2012 and you will receive a $50.00 bonus.

We've added dozens of new stores this year and will be offering Double Cash Back on over 500 stores on Black Friday November 23, 2012 and Cyber Monday November 26, 2012, so it has never been easier to save with Cash Back.

A qualifying purchase must be $150.00 or more before taxes, shipping, and any additional fees. Qualifying purchase must be made by November 30, 2012 to receive your $50.00 Cash Back.

Member Summary

Symbol
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks o.p. I had never heard of ebates - now I have a $10 Target gift card!

ilrprbp (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 6:55p) |

Got a $10 CashBack off $50 promotion coupon from ebates, have to purchase by 12/15.

tajar96 (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 11:59a) |

Dear Ebates:
I made a > $150 purchase at the Microsoft Store thru my ebates account. I received the notice of CashBack f... (more)

robby69 (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 12:55p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i don't see a link to this deal in the posting anywhere and no reference to it on the site. How do you get this deal?

I can't link here because it automatically logs into my account. I suppose it might be a user-specific deal. Keep an eye on your email just in case it is.

Ok, here's a way you can check to see if you have the promotion. Log into your Ebates account and click on My Ebates, then click on Cash Pending. On my account, there is a "Promotions" section which lists this deal.

cgomes3 said:   Ok, here's a way you can check to see if you have the promotion. Log into your Ebates account and click on My Ebates, then click on Cash Pending. On my account, there is a "Promotions" section which lists this deal.

Nothing for me: "You have not received any Promotional Bonuses since your last payment."

You might want to add YMMV to the title of your OP.

would be nice bot not here either.. I'm wondering if it's targeted to people that haven't used ebates in a while?

gizmo said:   would be nice bot not here either..

Yes...a nice "bot" didn't leave the offer in my account either.

gizmo said:   would be nice bot not here either.. I'm wondering if it's targeted to people that haven't used ebates in a while?

not for me, haven't used in a good while.

possible to get a link with id in url removed?

Nothing for me

I haven't received it yet either but know I'd qualify from my Black Friday deals alone! Fingers crossed it shows up!

I received an e-mail from eBates this morning with this offer.

gizmo said:   would be nice bot not here either.. I'm wondering if it's targeted to people that haven't used ebates in a while?

I have pending CashBack, but not a lot of it.

No Email yet, will wait patiently. nothing like 30% CashBack.

I have not received any e-mails from e-bates in about two years. They have made NO attempts to get me back!! They do not care????

cgomes3 said:   Just received this email...

What is your recent eebates usage look like?

None for me with:
DatePayment Method         Amount
11/6/2012   AmazonGiftCard $5.51
8/6/2012    PayPal         $71.55
2/7/2012    PayPal         $43.75

pietromoon said:   cgomes3 said:   Just received this email...

What is your recent eebates usage look like?

None for me with:
DatePayment Method         Amount
11/6/2012   AmazonGiftCard $5.51
8/6/2012    PayPal         $71.55
2/7/2012    PayPal         $43.75

My recent activity is less than yours. I did not have any Cash Back last cycle and I only have $0.29 pending right now. My account was established in 2004 and had VERY high Cash Back amounts for the first few years (ranged from $150 - $400 CashBack per cycle). Volume slowed in 2007 and has been very low since 2008. My account has never been completely inactive, but ever since I stopped selling for a living, the volume is low.

Never heard of ebates.com, sounds like a podunk little company.

ETA 1: FW does CashBack, why the post about a competitor being allowed?

ETA 2: Can I get $50 back on $150 worth of a Sense of Humor Transplant?

I got the same email but I have to spend $250

ganda said:   Never heard of ebates.com, sounds like a podunk little company.

I hope you are being sarcastic here, as you are obviously aware eBates owns Fatwallet?

Got the email too. Now what to buy?!....

fishie74 said:   ganda said:   Never heard of ebates.com, sounds like a podunk little company.

I hope you are being sarcastic here, as you are obviously aware eBates owns Fatwallet?

Ya think?

I got the email. Psyched because Hurricane Sandy took out my mailbox and couldn't find a good way to save money on one. This will certainly help.

To clarify, if I buy a $150 mailbox, I'll get $50 back? Thanks.

Any idea how long to receive the bonus $50? I can't find the fine print. I'll be honest, I've moved away from using ebates and use FW or Discover CashBack pretty much exclusively.

TheMouse said:   I got the email. Psyched because Hurricane Sandy took out my mailbox and couldn't find a good way to save money on one. This will certainly help.

To clarify, if I buy a $150 mailbox, I'll get $50 back? Thanks.

Any idea how long to receive the bonus $50? I can't find the fine print. I'll be honest, I've moved away from using ebates and use FW or Discover CashBack pretty much exclusively.

Purchases Posted
Jan 1-Mar 31 Payment sent May 15
Apr 1-June 30 Payment sent Aug 15
July 1-Sept 30 Payment sent Nov 15
Oct 1-Dec 31 Payment sent Feb 15

respdoc said:   
Only thing I see from you are two sorry troll posts.... unfortunately they're probably not your last.

And they weren't her first.

the reply I received from EBATES:

"Thank you for taking the time to write in. We have several different promotions offered, you will receive notifications regarding any promotions that we offer to you. Currently, we do not offer a promotion of spend $150 get $50. We apologize for any misunderstanding, please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you for using Ebates every time you shop online.

Denise
Customer Care
Ebates

Spread the word! Earn $5 by referring a friend!"

peepsiemom said:   
"Thank you for taking the time to write in. We have several different promotions offered, you will receive notifications regarding any promotions that we offer to you. Currently, we do not offer a promotion of spend $150 get $50. We apologize for any misunderstanding, please let me know if you have further questions."

Obviously the person who replied to you is clueless, since several of us received the Spend $150, Get $50 offer.

Question to those who were targeted with this offer: are you signed up to get emails from ebates (a.k.a subscriptions within ebates? If so, which one(s). Thank you kindly.

ecstatica said:   Question to those who were targeted with this offer: are you signed up to get emails from ebates (a.k.a subscriptions within ebates? If so, which one(s). Thank you kindly.

I'm subscribed to Personal Shopping Offers and Personal Coupon Reminders.

Been an Ebates customer since 2008 and spent hundreds through their website.... still nothing.

FU Ebates!

I've been a member since 2001 and have earned $940 through eBates, and no offer for me, either. Bummer. Great deal for those of you who received it.

Received the offer (as mentioned in my previous post). Been a member for over 10 years. Received a total of $982 in Ebates (Compare that to the $9,427.82 in FW CB). I haven't touched ebates for at least 5 years.

Ebates has a lot of stores FW doesn't... 2% at Target for instance.

cgomes3 said:   peepsiemom said:   
"Thank you for taking the time to write in. We have several different promotions offered, you will receive notifications regarding any promotions that we offer to you. Currently, we do not offer a promotion of spend $150 get $50. We apologize for any misunderstanding, please let me know if you have further questions."

Obviously the person who replied to you is clueless, since several of us received the Spend $150, Get $50 offer.

You are right cgomes3. Here's the latest EBATES response that I received:

"Thank you for writing in. This promotion has gone out to a select group of members, with undisclosed reasons as to why one received this promotion over another member. We understand the disappointment of not receiving this offer, and we are unable to offer this promotion to everybody. We have added a $20 Valued Customer Bonus to your account to offer you a similar promotion. All you will need to do is make a $.01 purchase within the next 365 days for this amount to become available on your account. This offer will not be issued to anyone else going forward. We appreciate your understanding."

So the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Doesn't it make you nuts when employees don't even know the promos or deals that THEIR company is offering?

fivetalents said:   cgomes3 said:   Ok, here's a way you can check to see if you have the promotion. Log into your Ebates account and click on My Ebates, then click on Cash Pending. On my account, there is a "Promotions" section which lists this deal.

Nothing for me: "You have not received any Promotional Bonuses since your last payment."

You might want to add YMMV to the title of your OP.

ALL deals are YMMV. It's a meaningless distinction because if you think about it, stating YMMV means nothing.

peepsiemom said:   
ALL deals are YMMV. It's a meaningless distinction because if you think about it, stating YMMV means nothing.

Learn what it means..and you'll understand. Fivetalents is correct given the rarity of this deal.

Thanks o.p. I had never heard of ebates - now I have a $10 Target gift card!

Got a $10 CashBack off $50 promotion coupon from ebates, have to purchase by 12/15.

Dear Ebates:
I made a > $150 purchase at the Microsoft Store thru my ebates account. I received the notice of CashBack for my purchase, but have not received notice of the additional $50 rebate that was listed in my email promotion. Can you tell me if I qualified for the bonus and when it will be posted?

Thank you for your email. After reviewing your account we show you where approved for the $50 referral bonus. Your bonus will be applied once promotion ends 12/31/2012. The $50 bonus will be mailed out to you on your next available check (Feb. 15)
Thank you for using Ebates every time you shop online.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014