• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today I took the Toys-R-Us ad into WalMart and received a $99 price match on an 4GB xbox 360 with Kinect holiday bundle. It requires 2 years of xbox live gold, but here is the kicker - WalMart will sell you two 12 month cards @ $60 each. That is a total of $225 for Xbox 360 4GB Holiday Bundle with Kinect. This is a great deal since most everyone plays multiplayer online anyhow, and an xbox live account is required for that. What Toys-R-Us deal will cost you is $99 + $360 because their 12 month live subscriptions stipulate $14.99 per month for 24 months.

The employee offered the deal as a PM and it was approved by his manager.

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

xbox (16.18kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You have to give your SSN because they run your credit to get the 2 year membership.

NicksMommy7 (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 7:49a) |

man why have the sites devolved into sharing ways to scam individual retail employees. Probably not illegal, unlikely fo... (more)

outlawnyc (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 10:22a) |

what, so someone with bad credit cant make the purchase....not likely.

swoop72 (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 11:08p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

$60 for 12-mo Xbox Live is not a deal. They sell for $35 on eBay regularly via Buy.com and others.

But how did you get WalMart to pricematch the $99 TRU ad?? Are you saying that WalMart would only sell the bundle WITH those 2 cards for $60 each? If so, I might be inclined to (try to) return them and buy the $35 cards next time they are available.

To those who are giving me red: $60 for 12-mo is not a deal. Returning Xbox Live cards may be allowed, or not, I don't know. I am not actively telling people to attempt to scam WM -- give the red to the OP if you don't like the post.

I wonder if I can get WalMart to pricematch the deal, buy the 2 $60 cards, sell them for $35-40 on eBay since I don't play multiplayer online and end up with an xbox w/ kinect for $140. That might be worth a shot.

i may have to try this - my XBOX has been "hanging" the past couple days, I don't have a connect yet, and i play online so this is a pretty good deal!!!

any chance we could get a receipt scan "just in case"?

I think this is a big YMMV if your WalMart will do this since this is outside their normal price match policy.

might have to try this thanks op

wfay said:   $60 for 12-mo Xbox Live is not a deal. They sell for $35 on eBay regularly via Buy.com and others.

But how did you get WalMart to pricematch the $99 TRU ad?? Are you saying that WalMart would only sell the bundle WITH those 2 cards for $60 each? If so, I might be inclined to (try to) return them and buy the $35 cards next time they are available.
well, generally those points/subscription cards are not eligible for return, but I think the OP got very lucky with WalMart allowing PM. The whole "xbox360+kinect+2yr subscription" is a Microsoft deal and essentially a different product (cheap xbox + inflated xbox live subscription to recoup the cost... essentially a leasing program). I would say YMMV, depending on how competent the WalMart employees are about these different products.

I was wondering when this scam from SD would come over here....now I know.

To clarify the "deal": one needs to bring the ad to a non-caring and/or asleep employee at another store that does not read the terms on the Toys'r'us ad.
That person (buyer) also need to be ok with knowingly scamming the other store.

If fraud's your thing, like some of those giving red...go for it.

respdoc said:   I was wondering when this scam from SD would come over here....now I know.

To clarify the "deal": one needs to bring the ad to a non-caring and/or asleep employee at another store that does not read the terms on the Toys'r'us ad.
That person (buyer) also need to be ok with knowingly defrauding the other store.

If that's your thing...good for it.

It seems that SD thread got deleted. Reading that thread people were able to get the Xbox bundle for just $99 either at Target or WalMart w/o the 2 year sub.

mrtrance said:   respdoc said:   I was wondering when this scam from SD would come over here....now I know.

That person (buyer) also need to be ok with knowingly defrauding the other store.

If that's your thing...good for it.

It seems that SD thread got deleted. Reading that thread people were able to get the Xbox bundle for just $99 either at Target or WalMart w/o the 2 year sub.

There was a thread here, that I can't find now, about PM'ing to Target for $99 w/o the Xbox Live.

mrtrance said:    Reading that thread people were able to get the Xbox bundle for just $99 either at Target or WalMart w/o the 2 year sub.

That's what I'm saying...and hence the title of the thread saying: "$99 Price Match" and not..."$225+ Price Match". The purpose and "deal" is to scam the Xbox for $99 w/o the sub.

Where can I find the Toys R Us ad?

I do not know which one pp talk about, I have this one:
link

HTH!

Only an idiot sales guy would fall for this. The Toys R Us ad clearly states that you need to sign up for the over-priced xbox live service then you get codes to purchase the xbox console.

respdoc said:   mrtrance said:    Reading that thread people were able to get the Xbox bundle for just $99 either at Target or WalMart w/o the 2 year sub.

That's what I'm saying...and hence the title of the thread saying: "$99 Price Match" and not..."$225+ Price Match". The purpose and "deal" is to scam the Xbox for $99 w/o the sub.

Yes, OP should change the title to include with the two years of live.

I'm wondering how this worked for anyone...I mean its clearly stated. Then again I think of the employees at my local WalMart...

Shot down by my local WalMart Eletronics Dept. manager. Even with the attempted purchase of the 2 years of XBL.

Anyone else find it odd that you have to give microsoft your SSN to get the deal?

you have to give your SSN because they run your credit to get the 2 year membership.

You have to give your SSN because they run your credit to get the 2 year membership.

man why have the sites devolved into sharing ways to scam individual retail employees. Probably not illegal, unlikely for anyone to get prosecuted, but very borderline scummy.

NicksMommy7 said:   You have to give your SSN because they run your credit to get the 2 year membership.

what, so someone with bad credit cant make the purchase....not likely.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014