• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If this car works for you its a really nice deal

http://www.choosenissan.com/san-diego-area/leaf/#offer_0

2012 LEAF SV Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $9,775 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,077 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $16,944, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 11/30/2012.

Member Summary

leaf
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I drove to work on Monday and started asking about electric vehicle chargers. What a great surprise that my employer had... (more)

ERICHNER (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 4:16a) |

I'll try to look for it later but it was all over both main forums. Basically the IRS was rejecting the properly filed d... (more)

TheMeliorist (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 9:16a) |

Gwinnett has a 6% sales tax.
Thanks for the info on the federal tax credit. Will make sure to document my use of it.

So fa... (more)

ERICHNER (Dec. 16, 2012 @ 9:12a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just got a Leaf SL (slightly nicer version) in Valencia CA. Paid 2,000 down, 227/month with tax 39 months. Its pretty awesome as CA gives $2,500 rebate on a lease and you get a carpool sticker.

Your comparing it with a deal thats expired. A little unfair me thinks..

KayK said:   better deal here --> http://m.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1215478/

sounds great- how does one charge these vehicles? I live in an apartment and cannot install an electric charger. Are there places where we can go- pay and get the charge done in like 1 hr? Are all those buying/leasing these installing chargers in their homes? that additional cost needs to be factored in- is it about $5k?

$219 in Cincinnati

Public charging stations are popping up. There are free but take a few hours to charge, plan your grocery and such around it if possible.
Just got a station near my house, I think its belong to Walgreen.

prastogi said:   sounds great- how does one charge these vehicles? I live in an apartment and cannot install an electric charger. Are there places where we can go- pay and get the charge done in like 1 hr? Are all those buying/leasing these installing chargers in their homes? that additional cost needs to be factored in- is it about $5k?

this and how far can you drive on one full charge?

kaveh2k said:   prastogi said:   sounds great- how does one charge these vehicles? I live in an apartment and cannot install an electric charger. Are there places where we can go- pay and get the charge done in like 1 hr? Are all those buying/leasing these installing chargers in their homes? that additional cost needs to be factored in- is it about $5k?

bumping for an answer to this.

I really need a 8 days a month car for my lifestyle and was wondering if this fits the bill.

kaveh2k said:   prastogi said:   sounds great- how does one charge these vehicles? I live in an apartment and cannot install an electric charger. Are there places where we can go- pay and get the charge done in like 1 hr? Are all those buying/leasing these installing chargers in their homes? that additional cost needs to be factored in- is it about $5k?

I think it goes about 50 miles

my boss has one and he is able to get 70-80 miles a charge and has not pushed it further

kaveh2k said:   this and how far can you drive on one full charge?

I think 100 miles is the official answer. 80 is considered the safe limit, and seems to be what my cousin is getting comfortably on hers.

Edit: a bit more range and this would be close to break-even for me. I spend $150-250/mo on gas for my truck, but I really only need the "truck" part for 20% of that time. Sadly, one of the places I go on a frequent basis is about 35-40 miles one way, and another less common (but regular) is closer to 90. Don't suppose Tesla will have a model S in this range (wish I had a rolleyes emoticon right now).

http://youtu.be/uCx5T4Sb-q4

If you really want to push it... 132 miles.. as tested by Edmunds.com guys.

As for the deal, I suggest calling the dealers near by. There are definitely some deals to be had on the 2012... the dealers are getting their last shipments of these cars, and will try to work out a deal. Just email/calling around already had a few dealers going $0 down and aobut $230 a month. (that was last month when I was looking for a friend.) So I'm sure you can get better deals. (this was in the LA area.)

I recently leased a 2012 SL for 1700 down and 162/month for 24 months. It works great for running errands and back and forth to work. We have other cars to drive farther distances...

You're absolutely right TRDMX83, the deals are on the 2012, the 2013 model is actually going to be a lot better in terms of range and also much cheaper. I haven't driven mine much yet, but seems like 80 is what she'll do.

As for charging, it comes with a 120 charger that I've been using, but I have a garage. Without a plug at home, I don't see how it would work, unless your office has plugs.

It takes about 7-8 hours to charge a Leaf from empty if you can connect it to a 240v, 30amp circuit. From a standard 115v outlet, it takes 20+ hours.

prastogi said:   sounds great- how does one charge these vehicles? I live in an apartment and cannot install an electric charger. Are there places where we can go- pay and get the charge done in like 1 hr? Are all those buying/leasing these installing chargers in their homes? that additional cost needs to be factored in- is it about $5k?

DiamondJim22 said:   It takes about 7-8 hours to charge a Leaf from empty if you can connect it to a 240v, 30amp circuit. From a standard 115v outlet, it takes 20+ hours.

thanks,

looks like its hard to find charging stations, definitely hope the next version is faster charging 7-8hrs is still too much. Some employers are installing pay-stations for electric cars - that will help....

-

myhotrs said:   I just got a Leaf SL (slightly nicer version) in Valencia CA. Paid 2,000 down, 227/month with tax 39 months. Its pretty awesome as CA gives $2,500 rebate on a lease and you get a carpool sticker.

Did you have to do anything special to get the $2,500 rebate and sticker?

There are a small handful of public quick chargers available. They can put an 80% charge on the Leaf in about half an hour. Charging fees at one of the more available stations is $7 per 1/2 hour.

prastogi said:   
thanks,

looks like its hard to find charging stations, definitely hope the next version is faster charging 7-8hrs is still too much. Some employers are installing pay-stations for electric cars - that will help....

link stop working?

If you want to buy one, here is one at 6k+ off sticker : $6k+ Off MSRP

This is one on a lease on the SL model :

Leaf Lease

This one also spells out how to get the CA Rebate, Carpool Stickers & Free Charger

It would be interesting to see the economics of this, particularly from a high-tax expensive state like CA.

What is your electric run and how much of that is the charging of your electric vehicle(s)...and how does it compare to standard gas usage for a similar amount of miles driven. (Also factor in cost of 240V as no one in their right mind would bother waiting 24 hours for a 120 charge...)

Ignoring the "green" deal and forgetting about the politics thereof, I'm wondering what the return on investment really is.

Anyone interested should go to mynissanleaf.com

You should be aware that the battery capacity really wont last 3years... Get a 24 month lease - and never consider buying, or you will be sorry. Trust me, i have a LEAF.

kaveh2k said:   

This article is pretty informative, and covers various driving scenarios:
http://livingleaf.info/2011/06/so-really-whats-the-real-world-ra...

Someone mentioned that there's a $3500 dealer rebate on top of the tax credit. Not sure if it's still in effect but I wouldn't think Nissan would end it before the end of the year.

I've been able to get approx 80mi comfortably without trying very hard on a mix of highway/surface street driving. The two biggest impacts on range are hills and top speed. Keeping it 60mph or less will significantly increase range compared to going 70+ mph on the highway.

If you can find a Quick Charge (QC) station, the Leaf can charge to 80% in 30 minutes. There aren't many of those stations around yet.

Nice find. I like this deal which works well for me. Thanks OP!

Does it come with the charger for free? Thanks!

bhopali said:   If this car works for you its a really nice deal

2012 LEAF SV Lease
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $9,775 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,077 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $16,944, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 11/30/2012.

jjjjjjjj said:   bhopali said:   If this car works for you its a really nice deal

2012 LEAF SV Lease

I had a test driving. It is a nice little car. They told me that the charger you have to buy seperately.

tuan2 said:   Public charging stations are popping up. There are free but take a few hours to charge, plan your grocery and such around it if possible.

Wait, you can recharge your gigantic car battery for free?

This doesn't add up. Why would stores that own the charging ports pay for your power??

jjjjjjjj said:   Does it come with the charger for free? Thanks!It comes with a 120v charging cord that plugs into any standard household outlet. Does the job, just takes longer to charge up. If you can live with overnight charging, it is a perfectly good solution. The 240v fast charger costs extra, though some areas qualify for a rebate or even free home charge station.

BTW - asking once per thread is enough.

coolbreeze said:   tuan2 said:   Public charging stations are popping up. There are free but take a few hours to charge, plan your grocery and such around it if possible.

Wait, you can recharge your gigantic car battery for free?

This doesn't add up. Why would stores that own the charging ports pay for your power??
Many local utilities have incentives where the station's electricity is provided free. Biz owners opt to install the stations hoping to attract customers. Lots of times this arrangement is because utilities don't allow individual businesses to resell electricity. Yeah it's silly bureaucracy.

A short lease would be the only way to go. Being on the hook for the batteries... That's a bad thought.

Overzeetop said:   kaveh2k said:   this and how far can you drive on one full charge?

I think 100 miles is the official answer. 80 is considered the safe limit, and seems to be what my cousin is getting comfortably on hers.

Edit: a bit more range and this would be close to break-even for me. I spend $150-250/mo on gas for my truck, but I really only need the "truck" part for 20% of that time. Sadly, one of the places I go on a frequent basis is about 35-40 miles one way, and another less common (but regular) is closer to 90. Don't suppose Tesla will have a model S in this range (wish I had a rolleyes emoticon right now).

My co-worker just leased one. She said the number of miles remaining keeps dropping when she turns on the AC.
If that's true, it's kind of sucks in the summer!

tpchau said:   
My co-worker just leased one. She said the number of miles remaining keeps dropping when she turns on the AC.
If that's true, it's kind of sucks in the summer!

Of course it's true. Did you think AC didn't require power?!

If range is a concern, Toyota has an offer on Prius Plug In for $249 per month for 24 months with $2,799 due at lease signing.

Base monthly payment of $249.00 does not include tax. Taxes, license, title, insurance, regionally required equipment, and other dealerís charges are extra, and are not included in the amounts shown.

More expensive than the LEAF but you get a regular internal combustion engine.

Strap a generator to the roof and now you have a plug in hybrid.

Skipping 84 Messages...
Gwinnett has a 6% sales tax.
Thanks for the info on the federal tax credit. Will make sure to document my use of it.

So far both my wife and I love BluSky our Nissan Leaf. It definitely fits our needs, but we are keeping our paid off cars for longer trips. There is a complete lack of infrastructure out there. Only TESLA is doing it right with the cross country SuperCharger infrastructure they are building in the next 3 years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.